Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HOUSE MUSIC and YOU

I have to put my .02 cents in.

A True House Head is someone that needs no drugs or any outside stimulation when they go out. The music is what puts you in that state of being. I have had a love affair with house music since I was twelve years old if not younger. It started with Disco for me in the late 70's when I was just a little kid. ( I still have the 45's to prove it) I have always been very diversed musicly all my life, but I fell in love with house music the first time I heard Todd Terry's first album. I haven't looked back since.

I consider myself a True House Head, and if you are true then you don't know anything else. You don't want to hear anything else, you wake up to it and you go to sleep hearing it in your head. I hate people that say they love house music, but the minute a hip hop jam comes on they give it more love then a unknown house track. Wether it is a bomb that everybody is playing or just a banger that nobody has heard, it shouldn't matter. The fact is if you are a true house music fan you appreciate the music as a whole.

House Music for me is like a religion where you are out everywhere trying to spread the word to everybody. As with religion most people don't want to have your religion shoved down their throughts. But if you truely beleave you try to shove it down everybody's throught you meet. True House heads try to do the same thing, they try to convert the masses.

No body said it better then Eddie Amador " Not everyone understands House Music. It's a Spritual Thing, a Body Thing, A Soul Thing!!"

If you understand, then you know exactly what he is talking about.

I understand, and have understood for a long time.

What does House Music mean to me?

Everything

I consider myself a True House Head, and if you are true then you don't know anything else. You don't want to hear anything else

all right, that might be a tad extreme for me here. I love house, and good house is indeed special, but it's not like it's the only music out there (jazz, alternative electronic (the carl craig stuff's pretty original, good techno, dub, rock, ... )

" I hate people that say they love house music, but the minute a hip hop jam comes on they give it more love then a unknown house track."<<<< that's just called the mere exposure effect.,. look up some work on zajonc.,. it basically means the more you are exposed to something, regardless of whether or not u pay attention to it, you're going to form a preference of some sort to it.,. just for future reference, and cos i wanna be a smartass

.,.,.. as for me.,. house is a lot of things.,. but more than anything else its like my heartbeat.,. its just there.,. it moves me.,. its a personal thing.,. i love seeing other people when they feel IT, but quite frankly i couldn't care less.,. its all about me, the music, and the dancefloor.,.

all right, that might be a tad extreme for me here. I love house, and good house is indeed special, but it's not like it's the only music out there (jazz, alternative electronic (the carl craig stuff's pretty original, good techno, dub, rock, ... )

Please don't take me the wrong way. I know there is other good music out there, and I appreciate it all. I guess I am old, I have seen house music be put into many different catagories, Deep, Soulful, Hard, Techno, Tribal and so forth. It's all House Music to me, it all derived from the same place to begin with. I enjoy all types of music, but my love and passion is for House whatever substyle it might be.

You know growing up I listened to all kinds of music, rap, heavy metal, etc.. etc... and yes their was house too! I mean at the time I didn't even know that it was house music. I mean I'm talkin like me in 6th grade (that would be around 1991) And back then I remember loving songs like ("I got the power" , or "PUMP up the JAM", or that "KLF joint 2am eternal", "Strike it up", "everybody everybody". I was young yes, but I loved listening to those songs with all the rest. Then as I older , and I'll say sophmore year college, started going to raves with friends. After returning upstate from a party (B00 99), I remember just craving to hear the beats like that again. So I went out and bought my first ever Dance CD (since 1991) and that was granted a Trance CD (kimball collins ICU 1), but I soon realized that the trance just didn't cut it and I needed to some funkyness that only house music could give me. When did I truly know how much "house music" moved me, was the constant euphoric sensation that would come over to me, when i heard a funky joint or nice buildup. Didn't need any drugs, though yes I've done plenty. Thats another point, people talk about DRUGS. I don't know about you, but when it all started with the music for me and my friends. FIRST WE SEE that a DJ we like is spinning (thats why we would go to the parties or CLUBS) And if after we that we decided to party alittle hard that night, well then cool., but it was always about the music. GOD I've blabbed on and on it seems.

But yes House music gets me going, i buy CD's from stores (and the occasional bootleg club mixes too) , Going to clubs to support DJ's I like, yes occasionallly. As long as house music keeps putting a smile on my face and my head moving, it'll always be my favorite music.

for me, house music an clubbin is the inner me gettin out. cuz im a full time student in mass, i dont get out like i used to. most of my $ goes towards the 30,000 tuition an other various expenses, an i neva have xtra cash cuz im on the swim team an it takes up so much of my time i cant get a great job. but when i do have the $ n the time, the first place i wanna go to is a club. any club, it dont matter wat dj is spinnin, as long as the music is hott an the place is jumpinnn