Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Am I the only one that hates Crobar....?

I find that you cant get comfortable in that place, seems like one giant lounge...sorry I like the grimy places

I miss tunnel .. for a f'n big as it was, it totally was grimey and allowed you to just wild~out.

Crobar should really start thinking about re-evaluating their marketing moves. I mean really the button-up shirt fools come there to buy drinks and look pretty, fine by me, cause if it wasnt for them droppin da greenbacks the club wouldnt be able to pay for the talent that some of us can appreciate.

Now my thinking to this matter is, make the entrance fee to get in cheaper after 4am and you will see all the true music heads line up and get in at that house like the old twilo days. Seriously, i would rather show-up at Crobar to hear a hot ass DJ from 4am - 8am than deal with retarded BS from 12am - 4am

Seriously,

night clubs should be filled with people who want to hear good music, dance, and have fun.

people who want to dress up and pick up guys/girls should go to bars with jukeboxes.

Why in the world would a girl wear heels to a fucking nightclub?

THANK you! smartest reply i've heard yet!

there's plenty of ways to party, i suppose... and everyone has their own specific guidelines as to what qualifies as a good night, what makes a good night club etc. etc.

i'm sway towards the listening to excellent music part..seems a lot of people who go to crobar don't even know what the hell's going on in there.

and yes!! girls in heels at a nigtclub is a big dumb NO NO in my book! i did it once before and i was fucking miserable. Girls who go out to be seen or picked up need to re evaluate what the hell they're looking for in a night club. a sensible, club going female wears sneakers to dance her ass off into the wee hours of the morning.. i think that's way more attractive than a naked girl in stiletto's..

as far as the club....love the lay out ......good sound system ..and best run in NYC...IMO

I only really go on BORIS nights.....and the crowd for those nights after 3..is all my peeps...

so i have no problems wiht it

Best in NY????? its good but not the best Spirit hands down best in the city that shit THUMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...The club is big and all and they get great dj's just to much VIP...for the dj's they bring in it should be about the music and just open that shit up and dance not for whos gonna spend the most money and then also who's dressed the best.

There arent any clubs right now that can compete with Crobar... Spirit I think not, Avalon is played out with 16 year olds and rude security, bottom line no club club can top Crobar as a venue. Whel you get to more smaller places like disco, cielo, sullivan, shelter etc. thats a completely different genre of clubs.

So yeah the acoustics are not ideal due to the large space and less sounds bouncing off of walls. And if guys with button downs with drinks in their hand really bother you then u got a problem. So what is somethin ideally someone should wear, a t-shirt with a slogan?... if you expect the girls to dress to impress i would think the guys would do that too.

Also, people smoke right in the club if you haven't noticed so I dont think cigarettes are a problem.

On Fridays the crowd is a hit or a miss I agree, but Saturdays is different even on a bad friday night the crowd is still better than any Spirit crowd in my opinion (shirts off bumpin through a crowd and acting tough). For example, Morillo @ Crobar was a better crowd than Morillo @ Spirit same thing with DT @ Crobar vs. Spirit.

Never seen a fight inside Crobar, seen many in Spirit including in the middle of the dancefloor at Morillo which I was like 4 feet away from. Ultimately, grimey club can attract grimey people.

And people complaining that its too clean and want a more grimey place is absurd in my mind

Seen three fights within an hour at crobar at pvd and a few on sanders night, it happens at all clubs..Look at the lineup on mades site for spirit .. www.made-events.com and you tell me if they cant compete with crobar. From the looks of it its just as good if not better and most music heads would agree..No matter what club u go to you get the same nonsense as all the others. Just cause u dont see it dosnt mean its not going on.

Well heres my .02

if we are comparing spirit and crobar I think Crobar has to watch out for spirit.

Space wise Crobar...is designed better ----point goes to crobar

Sound wise Spirit is built better-----------point goes to spirit

Lighting wise its half and half. Crobar has the best lighting rig. Crobar has the worst lighting operator in all of NYC. Mike D is possibly the worst lighting guy around. that simple. Spirit has the best lighting operator around but the rig is not as good as crobar so its a draw

Talent wise...for NOW crobar would win.

BUT

Spirit has Peter Rauhofer twice a month

and with MADE EVENTS picking up fridays they are bringing :

Lee Burridge

Steve Lawler

Danny Tenaglia

Danny Howells

Desyn

Angel Moreas

Spirit has had :frankie knuckles, steve trovolta, junior, erick morillo, vibe, victor calderone,danny tenaglia all rock that place so I think in a month or two wait as spirit will bring itself back to where it was before jonathan peters took over every saturday night

Lets not forget that crobar is a chain and above all a buisness. That have investors to report to. They must make a profit and have as little trouble as possible. They get great djs because they can afford to pay them. Spirit is a local nyc club. There is a big diff. I prefer crobar because there is no bs. I get to hear world class djs, enjoy a drink and dance without a hassle. Clubbin is to go out have fun, dance, hear good tunes and not all the bs. Sure the sound isnt the best, but when its 4am and you are lost in the music it doesnt make the much of a diff. Also what makes it for me is there none of that bs door policy. If you look nice and have the money you are getiing in. Also whats so wrong being out with people that look nice? :)

Well heres my .02

if we are comparing spirit and crobar I think Crobar has to watch out for spirit.

Space wise Crobar...is designed better ----point goes to crobar

Sound wise Spirit is built better-----------point goes to spirit

Lighting wise its half and half. Crobar has the best lighting rig. Crobar has the worst lighting operator in all of NYC. Mike D is possibly the worst lighting guy around. that simple. Spirit has the best lighting operator around but the rig is not as good as crobar so its a draw

Talent wise...for NOW crobar would win.

BUT

Spirit has Peter Rauhofer twice a month

and with MADE EVENTS picking up fridays they are bringing :

Lee Burridge

Steve Lawler

Danny Tenaglia

Danny Howells

Desyn

Angel Moreas

Spirit has had :frankie knuckles, steve trovolta, junior, erick morillo, vibe, victor calderone,danny tenaglia all rock that place so I think in a month or two wait as spirit will bring itself back to where it was before jonathan peters took over every saturday night

spirit will own 27th street and that side of town soon enough like the old days!!!

THANK you! smartest reply i've heard yet!

there's plenty of ways to party, i suppose... and everyone has their own specific guidelines as to what qualifies as a good night, what makes a good night club etc. etc.

i'm sway towards the listening to excellent music part..seems a lot of people who go to crobar don't even know what the hell's going on in there.

and yes!! girls in heels at a nigtclub is a big dumb NO NO in my book! i did it once before and i was fucking miserable. Girls who go out to be seen or picked up need to re evaluate what the hell they're looking for in a night club. a sensible, club going female wears sneakers to dance her ass off into the wee hours of the morning.. i think that's way more attractive than a naked girl in stiletto's..

Couldnt agree with you more, but I'm afraid we are a dying breed

There arent any clubs right now that can compete with Crobar... Spirit I think not, Avalon is played out with 16 year olds and rude security, bottom line no club club can top Crobar as a venue. Whel you get to more smaller places like disco, cielo, sullivan, shelter etc. thats a completely different genre of clubs.

u r right about the different genre of clubs...but seriously, if u wanna wear a button down, get messed up, look like ur money and rudely hit on girls, then go to QUO, MARQUEE, or GLO...thanks

So yeah the acoustics are not ideal due to the large space and less sounds bouncing off of walls. And if guys with button downs with drinks in their hand really bother you then u got a problem. So what is somethin ideally someone should wear, a t-shirt with a slogan?... if you expect the girls to dress to impress i would think the guys would do that too.

I do 'dress up' but that's b/c 1) i'm really short 2) and old skool, not into the t-shirt with slogan thing...but if my point is, I get hit on by these idiots and i am not there for them, i am there for the top talent DJs...if I wanted to get hit on, i would go to Hoboken.

Never seen a fight inside Crobar, seen many in Spirit including in the middle of the dancefloor at Morillo which I was like 4 feet away from. Ultimately, grimey club can attract grimey people.

And people complaining that its too clean and want a more grimey place is absurd in my mind.

that is a bold statement, allow me to retort...i beleive its the DJs who attracts the 'grimey' people, not so much the locale...Morillo's followin is grown bigger and bigger and is attractin more mainstream crowd ...

btw, the fight that broke out in Spirit is b/c a guy punched a girl in the face, and another guy, who felt bad for the girl, punched the guy in the face, all this could have been avoided if Spirit had better security

I like Crobar as a venue and for the talent they bring in, but like someone said earlier, think i'm gonna go after 4am from now on to avoid the mainstream drinkin crowd and dance with the tru music fans :clap2:

Lets not forget that crobar is a chain and above all a buisness. That have investors to report to. They must make a profit and have as little trouble as possible. They get great djs because they can afford to pay them. Spirit is a local nyc club. There is a big diff. I prefer crobar because there is no bs. I get to hear world class djs, enjoy a drink and dance without a hassle. Clubbin is to go out have fun, dance, hear good tunes and not all the bs. Sure the sound isnt the best, but when its 4am and you are lost in the music it doesnt make the much of a diff. Also what makes it for me is there none of that bs door policy. If you look nice and have the money you are getiing in. Also whats so wrong being out with people that look nice? :)

Spirit is a chain as well. The original is in Dublin...

Because clubs are about music.

You dont go to a concert to pick up chicks do you?

Then why the hell are you going to pay money to get into a space just to pick up girls? Do it for free at a bar. You are just taking space away from people that want to be there for the music.

Also, you dont see people play basketball, football, or soccer in Button Down Shirts, Slacks, and dress shoes.

That sort of shit is NOT MEANT to be worn to nightclubs.

u r right about the different genre of clubs...but seriously, if u wanna wear a button down, get messed up, look like ur money and rudely hit on girls, then go to QUO, MARQUEE, or GLO...thanks

I do 'dress up' but that's b/c 1) i'm really short 2) and old skool, not into the t-shirt with slogan thing...but if my point is, I get hit on by these idiots and i am not there for them, i am there for the top talent DJs...if I wanted to get hit on, i would go to Hoboken.

that is a bold statement, allow me to retort...i beleive its the DJs who attracts the 'grimey' people, not so much the locale...Morillo's followin is grown bigger and bigger and is attractin more mainstream crowd ...

btw, the fight that broke out in Spirit is b/c a guy punched a girl in the face, and another guy, who felt bad for the girl, punched the guy in the face, all this could have been avoided if Spirit had better security

I like Crobar as a venue and for the talent they bring in, but like someone said earlier, think i'm gonna go after 4am from now on to avoid the mainstream drinkin crowd and dance with the tru music fans :clap2:

Better security??? Shit like that u cant stop until it happens..what are you going to do get a security guard for every person in there??? Its just impossible to stop something like...

Because clubs are about music.

You dont go to a concert to pick up chicks do you?

Then why the hell are you going to pay money to get into a space just to pick up girls? Do it for free at a bar. You are just taking space away from people that want to be there for the music.

Also, you dont see people play basketball, football, or soccer in Button Down Shirts, Slacks, and dress shoes.

That sort of shit is NOT MEANT to be worn to nightclubs.

Ok I agree slacks and dress shoes are gay, but I don't think wearing a button up and diesels is bad. Actually I'll go anywhere to pick up checks especially a club where I can enjoy the atmostphere and the music. Are you gay? or are you just one of those guys that pops a roll and gets all sweaty and dances by himself all night, because "clubs are all about the music". Sorry if my shirt offends you. next time I'll wear shorts and a t-shirt. I must not be a real clubber like you. I'll have to review the clubbers manuel and some day I'll be as cool as you.

lol

I've probably been doing this A Lot longer than you, and I will use logical deduction and guess that I am probably 5, maybe 10 years older than you.

Why is EDM the only form of music that people do this retarted shit to????????

When Bruce Springstein comes to town, do his fans put on Gucci Loafers and stupid DKNY button down shirts and try to get girls at his concerts? No.

My problem with people that dress up is that Music is not their priority, It is not the most important thing to them, so I cant understand why they are there. Just go to a bar, and take the stupid girls with you.

Yes, people should wear sweats and sneakers and baseball caps. You're there to have fun and enjoy the music.

Would you pay $50 for tickets to a sports game, and then just go there to pick up girls and do drugs? I dont understand why people do it for clubs.

lol

I've probably been doing this A Lot longer than you, and I will use logical deduction and guess that I am probably 5, maybe 10 years older than you.

Why is EDM the only form of music that people do this retarted shit to????????

When Bruce Springstein comes to town, do his fans put on Gucci Loafers and stupid DKNY button down shirts and try to get girls at his concerts? No.

My problem with people that dress up is that Music is not their priority, It is not the most important thing to them, so I cant understand why they are there. Just go to a bar, and take the stupid girls with you.

Yes, people should wear sweats and sneakers and baseball caps. You're there to have fun and enjoy the music.

Would you pay $50 for tickets to a sports game, and then just go there to pick up girls and do drugs? I dont understand why people do it for clubs.

great post...

I'm 24. Does that really matter? I probably like house music just as much as you. I'd rather dance with a girl at a club than chit chat at a bar. Your reply really doen't make sense at all. Now your talking about sports events and Bruce Springsteen?? If you want to dress like a slob and wear sweats that fine with me. I'll continue to look good and pick the girls.

Maybe thats your problem your too old. :lol3: