Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Am I the only one that hates Crobar....?

I don't like the crowd between 12-3am - too many people there just to be

cool. I don't like that they have such extensive VIP areas.

However,

I like the staff - very professional and not assholes at all. I like the space and most of all I love the DJs they bring.

So overall it's a good club IMO.

The sound system is not too good at all due to the structure of the space. The crowd is too stif fin my opinion (on an average night), usually button down shirt wearing guys that sit by the bar and sip their drinks...etc etc. Personally I like seeing the dance floor bug out. @ crobar, its more mellow (i could be wrong cause i dont have THAT much experience in that venue. When i saw roger S there, the crowd was soo wakk. Nobody was really letting loose..just bopping.

I miss CENTRO-FLY

The late #1 club in the city

](once again, all simply my opinions)

id also like to hear what others have to say

i agree..centro was the best..

crobar is ok..staff is really nice..

reed room and vip are decorated really nice..

main room is ok..too industrial but the lighting can be pretty good..

i hate the system there...

more catered to annoying tribal music..

i rememember once when scumfrog dropped lola's theme..song sounded horrible on there

i think everyone here has pretty much the same opinion...

the venue itself is really nice; big, spacious, & clean bathrooms and they bring in great djs

however, its more of a trendy club, too many button up shirts there to on hit girls/get effed up and could care less about the music

I find that you cant get comfortable in that place, seems like one giant lounge...sorry I like the grimy places

it's too bright and the ceilings are too high for my taste..

don't like the people there (i'm not into schmoozing by the bar and looking like i'm somebody which seems to be the ideal there)

takes too long to go outside to have a cigarette...

got grabbed too many times the first time i went there; i'm more into small, dark n dirty anyway and crobar is definitely not any of these.

crobar is a nice superclub that is usually bringing in the best talent(house) these days. Sound system is by far the worst due to high ceilings. Twilo, vinyl and other clubs like shelter had/have these low ceilings that 1) create the intimate vibes and 2)sounds so much better due to sound bouncing off ceilings and walls imo. Discotheque has a nice layout but i like to be surrounded by normal people with normal jobs when i party. whenever you have 30% or more of the club doing :clap2::clap2::clap2: , you have a good party. Its hard to get that at Crobar unless its someone like PvD. boy do i miss vinyl

There arent any clubs right now that can compete with Crobar... Spirit I think not, Avalon is played out with 16 year olds and rude security, bottom line no club club can top Crobar as a venue. Whel you get to more smaller places like disco, cielo, sullivan, shelter etc. thats a completely different genre of clubs.

So yeah the acoustics are not ideal due to the large space and less sounds bouncing off of walls. And if guys with button downs with drinks in their hand really bother you then u got a problem. So what is somethin ideally someone should wear, a t-shirt with a slogan?... if you expect the girls to dress to impress i would think the guys would do that too.

Also, people smoke right in the club if you haven't noticed so I dont think cigarettes are a problem.

On Fridays the crowd is a hit or a miss I agree, but Saturdays is different even on a bad friday night the crowd is still better than any Spirit crowd in my opinion (shirts off bumpin through a crowd and acting tough). For example, Morillo @ Crobar was a better crowd than Morillo @ Spirit same thing with DT @ Crobar vs. Spirit.

Never seen a fight inside Crobar, seen many in Spirit including in the middle of the dancefloor at Morillo which I was like 4 feet away from. Ultimately, grimey club can attract grimey people.

And people complaining that its too clean and want a more grimey place is absurd in my mind

i dont know what you like but i sure as hell not gonna be attracted to a girl dressed like a bum. thats just your preference i guess, i rather look at attractive presentable good looking girls who are dressed well not in t shirt and sweat pants. yea yea i know it all about the music but some eye candy couldn't hurt. I never heard anybody say a goodlooking crowd suckks it only helps

CROBAR gets great international talent for different crowds, so thats abig plus in my book. Space is too big, sound is terrible, its not dark enough, not a real music crowd, dont know bout drinks cause i dont drink. Its great at what it promotes itself as. Liek someone said b4 if a dj i like is playing there theres no reason for me to not show up. I dont hate it like that. I think SPIRIT is a much better club when it comes to music heads, when done right and if done right as well. Its dark, intimate, and great sound for my ears.