Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pro's & Cons of New York

The diversity definite PLUS!! Musically and other you just have to go out and look for it. I went to a Party hosted by this Gianese Society last night and then went LI and then to the city. I went from India Style House Music to Juniorverse. I love the fact we have eerything we need in a 20 miles radius. cwm12.gif

------------------

Failure is not an Option!!

Pros--culture--music, arts, theater, anything your cwm38.gif desires smile.gif. The city is easy to get around. Always something to do--it truly is the city that never sleeps. Lots of job opportunities.

Cons...hmm...high cost of living, if you don't like crowds you'll have a problem...

All in all the pros outweigh the cons, in my opinion. Hope this helps smile.gif

------------------

=)

Pros:

Not many delivery services make it out to Brooklyn or Hoboken

Cheaper cab ride back from Twilo, EXIT, etc.

Cons:

NYC apartment rents and the brokers who have all the good spots locked down

Tough to have a ride in the city..

------------------

AIM: slimchezdy

I'm outta place

I'm in outer space

I've just vanished without a trace

I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow

I'll be back in an hour or so -- Eminem

im from the south and i've lived in nyc for past 2 years...and no Im NOT greek. here are pros and cons of NYC IMHO:

pros:

it's still the greatest city in the world, great business oppurtunities, the uptown, pretty good mayor, european model types, the diversity which can be fun sometimes.

cons:

too many rude people, bad drivers, hilary, too many UGLY, dirty stinky and uncivilzed people, the apts/houses are not only overpriced but they are much worse and older than those in the south. i mean in manhattan apts with central air, waste disposal, w/d and carpet are consider luxurious, they are supposed to be standard.

i'm from the south too and here's what i have to say about manhattan:

con: you can't get everything you need at the grocery store. in a "regular" city, you can get cigs, beer, wine, film developed, magazines, prescriptions filled, do your banking, buy a sandwich from a full-service deli, and probably a lot more that i can't remember - all under one roof. in manhattan, i have to make five stops to get everything i need.

pro: delivery! videos, dry cleaning, shoe repair, lotsa diff. cuisines, prescriptions, a lot of stuff! guess it sorta balances out!

con: rent is so expensive!!! and no swimming pools to speak of!!! i really miss pool parties (without having to travel two-three hours to the hamptons!!!)

pro: there are a lot of beaches close by!!!

Pro: NYC is the center of the universe. if it can be found, it can be found here.

Con: Everyone under the sun is here trying to find it, making madding crowds.

Pro: Get a CD with some good beats, and driving is like a video game (sometimes Carmageddon, sometimes Need for Speed).

Con: Traffic never ends.

Pro: Prices are reasonable, considering salaries to be had.

Con: Prices are outrageously high if you're 'just visiting' from anywhere other than the northeast or "Silicon Valley."

Pro: World class DJ's to be found at clubs on almost every night of the year.

Con: B&T crowd is there for the same DJ's.

Pro: Walking the city is a doable proposition.

Con: Very few places to stop in and warm up without HAVING to buy something to eat/drink, or fighting a Christmas shopping crowd.

I wouldn't trade being in this city for anywhere in the world...except maybe Frankfurt, Bremen, or Paris on occasion.

------------------

Bilk, Robb, Pilfer, & Steele

Invesment Banking for The New Millennium

New York, NY 10022

new york is the bomb. like they say if you can make it here you can make it anywhere, everything you can possible need is here, and only in newyork can a man put himself in a block of ice or pay $45 to get in a club with the line around the corner, man you gotta love it

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"TO EACH HIS OWN" not sure by who but i like it

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

chick.gif

With the right people and the attitude...there's no better place in the US.

Only con I can honestly say is...I miss trees!!

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image."

Cons...I can go on forever....the rude assholes you encounter every single day...the rich bitches in the Upper East Side...the fucking traffic (!!!!) (One time I was driving to NJ and was stuck on 31st and 5th when this fucking green van tried to inch in front of me...me having serious road rage would not let him...and bumped a little into a shite Acura in front of me...the turd came out of the car with his wife screaming like I rammed the fucking car in and started bitching at me to learn how to drive!Now I absolutely refuse to drive in the city unless I really have to....)

Pros...the Village nightlife...and places like Sahara,Sam's Falafel,The Olive Tree,Pink Pussycat,L'Express,etc...I love NYC but I think I'd go mad if I lived there for more than 6 months- 1 year...I'll stick with the West Coast for now...

cwm25.gifcwm11.gif