Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Yankees vs Mets

when the teams draw almost 180000 for a 3 game series you bet their gonna keep scheduling every yr 2x a year

and yeah its been a little watered down the pst couple of years , but it should pick up again in intensity as records are pretty even and yanks looking for some payback after sweep last yr.

plus throw in the PEdro and WIllie factor and its looking like it will be a great weekend

I know why they do it... It makes total financial sense, but I'm not into it like I was 4-5 yrs ago. I'm much rather watch the Sox or O's...

I know why they do it... It makes total financial sense, but I'm not into it like I was 4-5 yrs ago. I'm much rather watch the Sox or O's...

It's much ado about nothing...these games mean zilch in a 162 game season...they can do away with it for all I care!

It's much ado about nothing...these games mean zilch in a 162 game season...they can do away with it for all I care!

I think this city needs this type of beef, its makes the game more interesting while they are tied and so close in the standings. I know other have said this already, but i have to say, this makes baseball way more interesting in the ole home town!! Especially since the yankee's are now only 2.5 behind atlanta and the mets are 5 behind the O's. w/o a doubt the A's & O's game will be hot, but we are home town fans here .. so f that ish!

and to the boston fans .

gotrings.jpg

I think this city needs this type of beef, its makes the game more interesting while they are tied and so close in the standings. I know other have said this already, but i have to say, this makes baseball way more interesting in the ole home town!! Especially since the yankee's are now only 2.5 behind atlanta and the mets are 5 behind the O's. w/o a doubt the A's & O's game will be hot, but we are home town fans here .. so f that ish!

and to the boston fans .

gotrings.jpg

I care more about my team winning than the "rivalry" now - it's just another Series...like playing the Reds or Brewers...

how bout them Mets? 10-6 final sweeping the Reds making up for that opening series where we got swept.

13 hit, 10 runs...Glavine with his second win in a row. Reyes w/ 2 triples...Piazza going 4 for 4...Matsui getting a couple more hits...Cameron hitting another homerun...

hopefully this will make for a fun weekend :bounce:

when the teams draw almost 180000 for a 3 game series you bet their gonna keep scheduling every yr 2x a year

this is what makes this series so great...no matter how good/bad the teams are playing, this series draws more ppl to it than any other series...whether in shea or yankee stadium this series is always a great one to watch and the amount of ppl it draws is tremendous...of course the bosox series with the yanks is the best of the year but i do very much enjoy getting into a battle with the mets...always a fun time...(i also have more friends who are met fans than bosox fans so it makes for a good, drunk party time for us)...

amazing performance by Koo today, in the second game of Subway Series I !

3 K's in a row, a double, and a run scored from 2nd base off a bunt!

Let's see a Yankees reliever do all that! :D

His hit came in his second career at-bat, and against Randy Johnson. (Did he get the ball for that?)

Did anyone see his first at-bat, against the Reds last Monday? He looked so bad - stood at the outside edge of the batter's box, and didn't swing at all, striking out in 4 pitches.

That play at the plate was really close, but he (or the 3rd base coach) was really smart to see that Posada was way out, and no one was covering.

I give him credit for the hit and aggresive baserunning but he was out at home. Posada tagged him out before he touched the plate. Doesn't matter though... It obviously had no effect on the outcome of the game...

hey fkornre,

with Pedro pitching tomorrow, I'll be nice and give you the option of buying back a piece of your bet...if you want, you can just give me $15 right now and save yourself $5....let me know kid

nah...we on for the full $20....