Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The New Downtown Miami

macfunk19

People don't realize what Miami is going to look like in 10yrs. Being in the Real estate business I think that it's really exciting to be here in Miami and watch it grow from the ground up.. Not to mention selling a bunch of pre-constuction dreams! :bounce: Miami is going to be even more bad ass in some short years to come.

next time u go to parkwest area go to the back of space alley area they are putting up lamp posts in the alley behind Space and Nocturnal. They paved it and they're putting palm trees and cobblestones there making a promenade

Philippo does have a point. Will the city get rid of the bums in the area?

The city has to clean up the area, especially if they want to redevelop Overtown. There's a lot of underground drug activity going on over there.

And since only part of Overtown will be redeveloped who's to say the poor folks living in the ghetto part won't try and commit robbery or murder over on the wealthy side? After all, being jobless or homeless tends to bring out the worst in people...

From what I see in the plans, Downtown Miami's ambitious designs are based on places such as Ybor City in Tampa, Times Square in New York, The Riverwalk area in San Antonio, the classic city centers you see in South America or Europe, and of course Miami's own South Beach and Coconut Grove.

The question is, can they pull it all off, and how long will it take for the area to truly transform into the vibrant Downtown shown in the different sketches.

I pass by Space and Nocturnal almost every day.. there's major construcion all around it.. in the back, and streets.. and yeah, the back of Space looks like freaking luxury park or something.. is looking like a park.. nice layout, the street, the palm trees and the lamp posts is making it look first class!

Philippo does have a point. Will the city get rid of the bums in the area?

The city has to clean up the area, especially if they want to redevelop Overtown. There's a lot of underground drug activity going on over there.

And since only part of Overtown will be redeveloped who's to say the poor folks living in the ghetto part won't try and commit robbery or murder over on the wealthy side? After all, being jobless or homeless tends to bring out the worst in people...

From what I see in the plans, Downtown Miami's ambitious designs are based on places such as Ybor City in Tampa, Times Square in New York, The Riverwalk area in San Antonio, the classic city centers you see in South America or Europe, and of course Miami's own South Beach and Coconut Grove.

The question is, can they pull it all off, and how long will it take for the area to truly transform into the vibrant Downtown shown in the different sketches.

there is is a lot of underground drug activity which takes place all over Miami, so let's not kid ourselves. poor folks don't commit robberies, criminals do. not every poor person is a criminal. Overtown represents african american cultural in Miami to an extent, and has a rich history. although Overtown has been plagued by crime, it's still a community none the less. for year's activist in Overtown have asked, and practically begged the city of Miami to assist in redevelopment. yet the city has repeatedly turn their backs on the people in Overtown. in the city of Miami's aggressive plan to rebuild downtown, I have yet to see any remedy for the people who live in that area now. the median income in overtown is almost at poverty level... do you think these folks can afford to live in these proposed new developments?? I think not. part of urban redevelopment needs to include making sure people are not displaced, and helping people in the community to better their life’s.

the real question is... can the city of miami become a progressive city, which addresses the true needs of ALL its inhabitants??

Time to move to downtown....

Well, my friend...you might not be as far fetched as you think...what I'd tell you is that buying a property today in that area has to be close to imposible, the "thing", you know...that developement that miami was going to undergo...has started, in fact it has a couple of years in the make, we are getting ready for the future, housing and entertainment are taking routes that promise only success and everything that goes with it, yes...the best djs, any day, any time...it's much easier for a big club to bring big talent, if only a week ago we had s[ace, now we have nocturnal and space, personally, I like I/O a lot and then there's grass...face it, downtown is becoming a playground...

ok bye! :pint:

the real question is... can the city of miami become a progressive city, which addresses the true needs of ALL its inhabitants??

You mean everyone cant afford a small $600k 2 bedroom condo with a $500 a month service fee? That is news to me.

The redevelopment of Miami is going to reach the top five most expensive places to live in the U.S. It's going to be the place to be from now to 10yrs from now. You don't have to work in the real estate field nor be an expert in it to see what's going on. As far as the bums and the family's living directly on the west side of I-95 are concerned well, they will have to re-locate. I'ts sad considering that they have been there since the begining of time but on the other hand they don't contribute anything to the community except crime and filth, trust me, I live on the west side of 95. They don't take care of their neiborhood nor do they take care of the apperance of their own homes.

Most of the bums got the Boot, already

I was walking fromt he rear parking lot and noticed the walkway where they ALL slept, has been completely cleaned (even pressure washed)

The Homeless Hotel is no more...

pretty soon you won't see any unless you cross over to the north side of 195

the complete redevelopment of downtown Miami, will take quite awhile. you can build all the expensive real estate you want. the bottom-line is no one with any common sense will move into an area; in which the immediate area lacks the very basics a redevelopment plan should have. the fact is a majority of the people buying in downtown, don’t live there. it is simply an investment; which hopefully yields a return for them. ripping a community apart and making bias assessments regarding the same; is at the core of a multitude of problems the city has faced for years.

good points Tony... I agree with most if not all.

But, on the other hand, it will be very exciting to finally see this city start to shape up. Let's not kid ourselves here, Miami has been stagnant for the last 25 years. Most in part, to dirty politicians stealing the city's money.

It's about time we start to develop the downtown area like it really should be

Well, my friend...you might not be as far fetched as you think...what I'd tell you is that buying a property today in that area has to be close to imposible, the "thing", you know...that developement that miami was going to undergo...has started, in fact it has a couple of years in the make, we are getting ready for the future, housing and entertainment are taking routes that promise only success and everything that goes with it, yes...the best djs, any day, any time...it's much easier for a big club to bring big talent, if only a week ago we had s[ace, now we have nocturnal and space, personally, I like I/O a lot and then there's grass...face it, downtown is becoming a playground...

ok bye! :pint:

and Pawn Shop.

before it gets to where it's headed alot can and will happen in the real estate field, there are sooo many condos coming available in 1-2 years with the majority being speculator driven, you all know this

save up some cash because there will be some bargains not far away

before it gets to where it's headed alot can and will happen in the real estate field, there are sooo many condos coming available in 1-2 years with the majority being speculator driven, you all know this

save up some cash because there will be some bargains not far away

"The More you put in, the more you get out".

Sincerely,

Ron Jeremy