Clubplanet Nightlife Community

17 - 1 damnnnnnn

Foulke will come around, he started off real slow last year too

whats sad is there hasnt been any real consistant closers this year besides guys like the BJ Ryan, Izzy and the Corderos....the lower paid guys

BJ Ryan is awesome...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo what the fuck is up with NOT being allowed to drink beer in the fucking bleachers?

I almost fucking shit myself when I found out. $75 bucks for a row R crappy bleacher seat and I couldnt even get sloshed. What a joke.

haha some kid in the row behind me was there for his 21st b-day and he couldnt even drink for it... kid was all pissed off lol.

good game tho. seemed like just as many sox fans there as yankees fans.

I'm joking. Though It seems as though A-Rod will never have a 'good' year in NY no matter what. I now hear people complaining about how his power (lower body strength) has cost him alot on the field. In other words: He's putting up MVP like numbers but has been shit in the field. I feel bad for him. I do.

That's funny about the therapy though.

I actually kinda feel bad about a-rod too....he's just never gonna be the same caliber at third as he was at short and he will always get ridiculed for it by the NY media. Its really not his fault. He's no Scott Rolen at third because he hasnt been playing a hot corner all his life, he's been playing short. And anyone that has ever played ball knows there is a HUGE difference in how you play the position and field balls. I still say he is the best shortstop in the league and willingly gave up his position and did whatever it took to be coordial with the Yanks and still gets a ton of shit no matter what he does

but fuck him, he's a Yankee and until he changes uniforms, he will never get any sympathy out of me

fucking crybaby

Yo what the fuck is up with NOT being allowed to drink beer in the fucking bleachers?

I almost fucking shit myself when I found out. $75 bucks for a row R crappy bleacher seat and I couldnt even get sloshed. What a joke.

haha some kid in the row behind me was there for his 21st b-day and he couldnt even drink for it... kid was all pissed off lol.

good game tho. seemed like just as many sox fans there as yankees fans.

yep that was the worst, they should at least let you know when you are buying tickets that they dont sell beer in the bleachers :lame:

I couldn't believe how many red sox fans there were. They were even cheering louder than the yankee fans 182.gif

gold gloves? Jeter got one last year so that shows how much of a sham that is. :)

Arod is a great player and a great SS but they are closer then you think. Arod hits more garbage unclutch hits then anyone in the league. He must hit .500 when the team is up 5 runs, but he hits like .120 when it is a 1 run game.

I am making all those numbers up but that is the way it seems to me. Caleb as someone who has watched the games what do you think?

gold gloves? Jeter got one last year so that shows how much of a sham that is. :)

Arod is a great player and a great SS but they are closer then you think. Arod hits more garbage unclutch hits then anyone in the league. He must hit .500 when the team is up 5 runs, but he hits like .120 when it is a 1 run game.

I am making all those numbers up but that is the way it seems to me. Caleb as someone who has watched the games what do you think?

Right now Tejada is probably the best player in the game, nevermind the best SS.

And no, I haven't really seen many clutch hits from AROD. But I haven't seen many from Tejada either.

I know this arguement and its been argued quite a bit before, but a-rod got gold gloves year after year and is the best overall hitter and baserunner in baseball outside of barry bonds....

there's no contest

who is the best baserunner???

hint he plays shortstop next to Arod

who is the best baserunner???

hint he plays shortstop next to Arod

oh come on

just because Paul O'Neil is all over this guy's dick doesnt mean he's the best....he aint even close

dont even try to defend your man in this argument

he might be the best on the Yankees but that isnt exactly saying much because the only other baserunner they have is gay-rod

oh come on

just because Paul O'Neil is all over this guy's dick doesnt mean he's the best....he aint even close

he might be the best on the Yankees but that isnt exactly saying much because the only other baserunner they have is gay-rod

gimme a break , I ve been talkin up Jeters baserunning skills for ever on this board , I hardly need Oneills assesements to bring up the obvious.

and apparently you dont read many basball writers and analysts magazines/articles etc. because it aint only Oneill who has said that DJ is the best in the game instinct wise on the basepaths

oh come on

well based on your previous statement ARod was only 2nd best to Bonds, now you say Jeter is better thatn ARod so I guess your saying Jeter is the 2nd best baserunner in baseball?!?

well based on your previous statement ARod was only 2nd best to Bonds, now you say Jeter is better thatn ARod so I guess your saying Jeter is the 2nd best baserunner in baseball?!?

reread...I said "HITTER AND BASERUNNER"

reading comprehension waved bye bye to you long ago

and no, Crawford, Rollins, Walker, Roberts, Pierre just to name a few are considered to have the best baserunning instincts in the game....Jeter is only mentioned by former teammates after he has a great game. He's a good baserunner and better overall than gay-rod, but not even close to the best in the league.

Thats like me saying Johnny Damon is the best because that reporter from the Boston Globe (forgot his name, the one always on ESPN) rants and raves about him

reread...I said "HITTER AND BASERUNNER"

reading comprehension waved bye bye to you long ago

and no, Crawford, Rollins, Walker, Roberts, Pierre just to name a few are considered to have the best baserunning instincts in the game....Jeter is only mentioned by former teammates after he has a great game. He's a good baserunner and better overall than gay-rod, but not even close to the best in the league.

Thats like me saying Johnny Damon is the best because that reporter from the Boston Globe (forgot his name, the one always on ESPN) rants and raves about him

Oh righhhht you differentiated it as the category that is always used in conjunction with one another BEst baserunner /hitter ...yeh Ok

do a espn search , roto web sites , real baseball magazine sites

everyone names Jeter at the top in baserunning skills... go google redsox lover Gammons hes written on it.

what was it lilke 3 yrs ago HE was thrown out ONCE at a base the entire season

Tim Kurjikan ...heard of him??

non Yankee teammate or a YES network guy

kurjikan

The score was tied in the last of the 12th inning at Yankee Stadium in Game 2 of the 2004 American League Division Series. Derek Jeter was at third base with one out. Hideki Matsui hit a bullet line drive directly at Twins right fielder Jacque Jones. Maybe Jones didn't think Jeter would tag up -- a poor assumption -- or, more likely, Jones didn't have a chance to get his feet set and get behind the ball because it was hit so hard. Flat-footed, leaning backward, he made a weak throw to the plate. Jeter tagged up and scored the winning run.

"You made your decision to go as soon as the ball was hit?'' Jeter was asked.

"I made my decision to go before the ball was hit,'' Jeter said.

That's why Jeter is such a great baserunner, that's why he's our pick for the best baserunner in the game. There are other candidates, including Larry Walker and Roberto Alomar, but we'll take Jeter because of intelligence, aggressiveness, experience and speed.

Much like Robinson, Jeter has speed, power and a burning desire to win.

"You can't go wrong with that choice,'' said Devil Rays coach Don Zimmer, who was a coach for the Yankees for the first eight years of Jeter's career. "He has something in him that a lot of guys don't have: it's instinct. I give a guy five years to become a good baserunner. If he's no good after five years, he has no chance. If you're bad after five, you'll be bad after 12: run until they tag you out. This guy was really good his rookie year, and things haven't changed. He's never out of position. He's always where he's supposed to be.''

Jeter is like Cal Ripken (I covered him every day for five years and saw him make one baserunning mistake), only faster. Jeter, like Ripken was, is so involved in the game, he never misses a thing. If a throw is off line, he takes the extra base. He's always aware of where he is, making it easy on the third base coach. He gets a great secondary lead, which is vital.

"Jeter is the best,'' one scout said. "A lot of players think of themselves as hitters when they get on base. Not him. The goal is to score a run. You have to get a good secondary lead, you have to be aware of the situation, to know the outfielder's arm, to make good turns. It's about concentration. Every good baserunner is thinking two bases at a time, not satisfied with one.''

It's a matter of smarts more than speed. "When I managed in Boston, our best baserunner was Carlton Fisk, and he was a big catcher,'' Zimmer said. "He always went first to third. He scored from second on a single. He knew how to get a lead.'' There is no smarter player than Jeter, which he proved in the 2001 playoff game against the A's when he darted across the infield, picked up an errant throw along the first base line and backhanded the ball to the plate to nail Jeremy Giambi. "It's interesting that Jeter was involved in that play,'' said a scout. "Everyone says the reason Giambi was out on that play was not because he didn't slide, it's because he didn't get a secondary lead. It takes no ability to get a secondary lead. When you don't, it's unacceptable. It's lazy.'' Jeter has never spent a lazy moment on the field, including running out a routine grounder. "You can hear him run to first base,'' said former Blue Jays manager Buck Martinez.

Jeter has it all: speed, aggressiveness and smarts.

You could hear Jeter running down the third base line for the winning run against the Twins last October. "As a third base coach,'' Zimmer said, "you tell the runner every time, 'anything in the air or on a line, get back here.' Well, how many times do you tell them, and what happens, they break for home on a line drive, and can't get back in time to tag up? You say 'what happened?' They say, 'I froze.' You freeze in Canada, not on the baseball field.

"Jeter never freezes.''

Being a great baserunner is different from being a great basestealer. Paul Molitor was both, Rickey Henderson was a great basestealer, not a great baserunner. Being a great baserunner doesn't mean you never make an out on the bases. Molitor says he was picked off "more than a few times'' in his Hall of Fame career. When a player is aggressive at the right time, and gets thrown out, there can be no argument. It's when you make the first out of an inning at third base, or forget the number of outs, that's a big mistake.

Jeter made one as a rookie in 1996. He was caught stealing, the dreaded third out at third base. Manager Joe Torre was livid about such a rookie mistake. A half inning later, after playing in the field, Jeter came in the dugout and sat right next to Torre on the bench. Without saying a word, Jeter was telling his manager "here I am, I screwed up, let me have it, I'm accountable.'' Torre looked at him, laughed and said "get the hell out of here.''

It was probably the last big mistake Jeter made on the bases.

Tim Kurkjian is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine and a regular contributor to Baseball Tonight.

u've got to be kidding me....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ahahahahhaaha

seriously bx, google it for me

plus, I stand by my story because if you listen to people talk around the league about baserunners and they will mention the names I named. Talk to the New York media and they'll be talking about Jeter while wiping the cum from their chin

u've got to be kidding me....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

yeh your a riot junior

cant handle truth and facts

your "google" joke is as old and tired as your payroll/mercenary schtick

and schtick it is, All your posts are a big joke , and your biggest fan that finds it funny DJjonqueefens is just as pathetic cause he laughs like a howler monkey at your pathetic jokes

it also reveals how lame you are in your attempts to discredit someone that might actually look up a fact or two instead of droning on an on ad nauseum about things you think you know about

ahahahahhaaha

seriously bx, google it for me

plus, I stand by my story because if you listen to people talk around the league about baserunners and they will mention the names I named. Talk to the New York media and they'll be talking about Jeter while wiping the cum from their chin

yes very insightful input Djjonqueefens

i HAVE HEARD THE TALK AROUND THE LEAGUE AND JETER IS ALWAYS MENTIONED