Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Review of Las Vegas 2005

lalate

Wound up getting a FREE room at MGM this weekend (still shaking my head, not sure how) so I'll DEFINITELY be hitting up Centrifuuuuguguguugeueueeeeeeee very late both nights here... well, that is unless something truly special is happening at Drai's... any of youse that know me only through this (or another) board, as usual look for the stocky dude with spiked blonde hair (and now the roots are showing, I'm such a girl LOL)

if not.. rock on folks, have a great weekend... party hard, party long, party right, party all fucking night.

Wound up getting a FREE room at MGM this weekend (still shaking my head, not sure how)

DAMN DAMN DAMN LOL even though Im hosting a 400 head new venue party this Saturday in 90210, the free room at MGM is making me cry LOL ... whatever you did dude, keep it a friggen secret LOL (and Ill keep my secret about Ballys hush hush too) and lets kick it in a few weeks in Vegas.

Twisted8 - HOLLA! :)

My times might be a bit off. But here's the review.

3:00 pm Ballys Hotel checkin

We were shocked. What appears to be unrenovated from the outside, inside it is most amazing hotel, and if you don't know "why" its amazing, we aren't telling you. Because of what we learned, go back over and over to this hotel.

5:00 pm Paris Buffet Dinner

Really the finest place in town to eat. For about $17 lunch or $25 dinner you eat some of the most expensive dishes you can buy, as much as you want. You easily eat over $12 in appetizers before you get to the entrees. No trip of decadence in Vegas is complete without some food decadence at the Paris Buffet.

9:00 pm Paris Croissette Bar preparty

Best bar in town. Cool ass staff and best friggen drink prices (shot of patrone for $8.25) in that area of town. Drinks to go, too. Best pre-preparty spot.

9:30 pm cab paris to Mandaly

Have to say ... had one of the best cab experiences in a decade. Older cab driver. Gave us all the inside gossip about "The Donald" versus "The Steve". Really, an amazing, fascinating, and funny as sht memorable cab ride. (Oh, and what he said about 5150 - hilarious.)

10:00 pm Mix @ Mandaly

Wow. Two bacholrette parties. One a party of 16 girls, yes 16, girls from Denver, one more hotter and :devil: than the other. Another party from SanFrancisco, four girls.

Drink prices - pricey ($9 for a shot of Cuervo); great staff; well pour drinks. Overall, the hottest crowd we saw in Vegas was at Mix. The cream of the crop (very Los Angeles crowd). But quite pretentious and very sedate. Best spot - the patio (inside is a waste of time).

11:00 pm cab ride to NYNY

Okay, second time it's happened in two trips to Vegas. You get in the cab. Meter instantly reads "$15". Cabby doesnt say shit. Being a former New Yorker, Ive seen this hustle in several other cities. So I start the interrogating. Same excuse as last trip "Oh, its broke." Eventually he backs off when he realizes we are onto him.

Side note - worse looking, unpresentable crowds anywhere in vegas - in new york new york floor. Horrible clientele of people.

11:30 Coyote Ugly.

Huge huge line. Line pass with lalate. Get in. Great decore. The show by the staff - nice. Drinks strong and reasonable. Ratios - decent .. but you can find some wild times in here especially amongest the girls that like you have gone to the other coyote uglies and expected to find bodyshots done by staff only to find none here.

12:00 MGM

Hit up Stage Deli. Good food.

12:00 Centrifuge

Omg. This place is amazing. Our second favorite place in Vegas. Last time we got to this place at 3 am and it was less crowded, more parting people. This time, earlier, it was very crowded, way too many dudes in corporate suits. Of course, the contrast of the wildness of the girls alongside the fortune 500 crowd is what made it great. Find (another) bachoreltte bride-to-be and get her to make out with another girl and watch how the stuffshirts corporate dudes mouths drop in this place. Best thing about this place - you make it what you want it to be. Wild wild wild :devil:

3:30 Studio 54

Brief stop. Not enough time to review. Huge line. Line pass w/ lalate and access to the VIP lounge with the free food.

3:45 Teatro

Wonderful. Digital Boy is an incredible dj, really incredible. Favorite place in Vegas. I wouldnt dare tell you what two girls said to me while waiting for the restroom. :devil: If I did, everyone would go to this club :heart:

NICE REVIEW!!!

What nights are good at Teatro?

I hit it last Saturday night and it was fantastic. Not packed wall to wall, but the quality of the crowd, music and overall vibe was outstanding. See my review of June 17-20 for more info.

Here's a review I got from the pool at Mandaly this Sunday. Our team hooked up an 11-person party last night. One of the 11-heads called me this morning and gave me a kick-ass voice mail saying had he time of their life, absolutely loved it - they loved the table (we got them one of the best tables in Ice), and we were thinking we might be able to comp them a free bottle. The 11-head ended up getting comp'd 2 bottles! And the best part of the evening .......

.... getting told by management it was the hottest group in the club. You gotta luv when you send 11 of the hottest latin tall girls from Los Angeles to Las Vegas for a weekend :drool::makeout::devil: If I hear what they had to say about Teatro (if they went), I'll post it.

• 3 weeks later...

Some things to know:

1. Reservations

Do not leave reservations to the last second for venues.

2. Bottles

Talk to someone who understands how bottles work. If you dont understand what is, how it works, and havent done it before in Vegas, ask someone who does.

3. Venue to Venue

Dont presume what one venue does will the same at another venue.

4. Large Groups of Guys

In nightlife, girls are king. And if guys predominate your group, youre "mainly a group of guys".

5. Large Groups of Girls

Better than a large group of guys. But a large group is still seen as "oh, not another large group".

6. Im So in So.

B- celebs are no celebs.

7. Really Large Groups (30+)

Not a positive generally. Generally a negative.

8. Our group is still debating about ...

If youre group can book an airline ticket, you can get them to decide on a club in advance too. Read, research, ask, and be informed. And dont decide at 8 pm as you are heading out the door.

9. Ive heard the lines are really long.

Whatever you hear is generally correct. Remember, hearing about a line of 7,000 people is nothing. Standing in it for several hours on your feet, dressed up, back against a wall, probably with no drink, getting randy with no one to talk to, is not a pretty picture.

10. 10

"We're 10 people in town for a ... party.... can we just call the venue and then just walk in free anytime we want?" Doesnt work in most cities' top spots, and hence sure doesmt work at most of vegas' top spots.

11. "Special Room Promotions Starting at $79"

Really one of the things I detest most about vegas hotel marketing. They say they have rooms starting at $79. For Vegas, that gneerally means during the two month duration of the promotion there is only one night with that rate. Really a bad industry marketing trend. But just get use to the verbage; when you see it, you know what u are store for once u choose the link to see the calendar of prices.

12. Yesterday is not Today.

Like any town's clubs, do not assume the door policy of 2 months ago is the same today. Policies change on how many line passes, bottles, gender breakdown. Dont assume that what worked for you before will work again, and what failed before will fail again. Policies change. Be informed.

13. Don't live in a bottle.

People tend to think in a bottle sometimes that what they are doing is so much more unique than the person next to them and thats why they dont need a hookup. Dont be unrealistic to yourself. Unrealistic examples include:

thinking you are going to get in, guaranteed, based upon looks or based upon your arrival time at the venue.

Awesome reviews Lalate, just went thru the whole 7 pages...deff good info for newbies such as myself that haven't been out there.

Im down in Miami, and usually only really post on the Miami forums here on CP and CJ(cooljunkie.com).

Looking into taking a trip on the last week of August(25-29th).

Was looking @ the stratosphere hotel...any recommendations, good/bad reviews? The prices look decent for that week thru hotel.com and im not looking to spend over 150-200 bucks a night when im gonna be just sleeping there. I know it might sound cheap, but most of the $ is going to the clubs, food, drinks, ect...

Also, I know how you guys said you had a great time at such n such club...when it comes to EDM as in House Music(NYC/Miami style)...can anyone really expect that? I listen to pretty much everything from rock to hip hop, but would be nice to go to a venue maybe ICE one night or an afterhours place that plays that sort of genre.

Are you gonna be in town that week/weekend? Always cool meeting new cool people, even better when they know the area

Awesome reviews Lalate, just went thru the whole 7 pages...deff good info for newbies such as myself that haven't been out there.

Im down in Miami, and usually only really post on the Miami forums here on CP and CJ(cooljunkie.com).

Looking into taking a trip on the last week of August(25-29th).

Was looking @ the stratosphere hotel...any recommendations, good/bad reviews? The prices look decent for that week thru hotel.com and im not looking to spend over 150-200 bucks a night when im gonna be just sleeping there. I know it might sound cheap, but most of the $ is going to the clubs, food, drinks, ect...

Also, I know how you guys said you had a great time at such n such club...when it comes to EDM as in House Music(NYC/Miami style)...can anyone really expect that? I listen to pretty much everything from rock to hip hop, but would be nice to go to a venue maybe ICE one night or an afterhours place that plays that sort of genre.

Are you gonna be in town that week/weekend? Always cool meeting new cool people, even better when they know the area

Thanks for the nice remarks :rock:

Stratasophere .

First lol whoever is the chick on the billboard advertisement for it now, email me asap. I have a marriage proposal for you lol :drool: Anyway .. lol ... for 150-200 do NOT stay at statosphere. Go directly to Ballys. Or even cheaper the tower at Tropicana. (The garden view rooms at Trop do not have individual climate controls for a/c ... the tower does). Trop and Ballys are good locations. Trop is on the MGM-NYNY-Excaliber corner. Ballys (my fav) is on the Ballys-Bellagio-Caesars-Barnay(Drais) corner. I should work for ballys I send them so much business lol. Stratosphere is wayyyyyy out there, not even close. Pass even the TI-Wynn-Venetian area.

Music.

Yeah, real good house/techno look to Ice and Teatro (Thurs, n Sat). Amazin hookups there, :type:

August

haha. Would be down for partying lol. Dunno if gonna be in town that date. A day doesnt pass w/o someone from the venues or just cool peeps saying -- when you coming back. If the weather gods are reading this, please rain on those fires in the mountains. Just awful :(

Thanks for the nice remarks :rock:

Stratasophere .

First lol whoever is the chick on the billboard advertisement for it now, email me asap. I have a marriage proposal for you lol :drool: Anyway .. lol ... for 150-200 do NOT stay at statosphere. Go directly to Ballys. Or even cheaper the tower at Tropicana. (The garden view rooms at Trop do not have individual climate controls for a/c ... the tower does). Trop and Ballys are good locations. Trop is on the MGM-NYNY-Excaliber corner. Ballys (my fav) is on the Ballys-Bellagio-Caesars-Barnay(Drais) corner. I should work for ballys I send them so much business lol. Stratosphere is wayyyyyy out there, not even close. Pass even the TI-Wynn-Venetian area.

Music.

Yeah, real good house/techno look to Ice and Teatro (Thurs, n Sat). Amazin hookups there, :type:

August

haha. Would be down for partying lol. Dunno if gonna be in town that date. A day doesnt pass w/o someone from the venues or just cool peeps saying -- when you coming back. If the weather gods are reading this, please rain on those fires in the mountains. Just awful :(

Nice...yea my sense of direction/location is a bit low when it comes to las vegas...kinda how people tell me they're going down to miami and staying on collins ave! and i ask them ok where on collins ave since it goes from 1st to 210th st(south beach is 1st to 23rd lol)...and they think they are right in sobe.

Thx for the heads up on Strastosphere, deff don't want to stay too far from the action. Looking @ Bally's & Trop right now on Hotels.com for decent deals.

You live in LA, right? Since I never been out in the West Coast...was thinking i could fly into San Diego check out the city, ect than drive up to LA(which is bout a hour n halfish or so?)...spend the rest of the afternoon there, than drive to Vegas by the end of the night. Think it would be a nice little trip, open to any type of recommendations :)

Nice...yea my sense of direction/location is a bit low when it comes to las vegas...kinda how people tell me they're going down to miami and staying on collins ave! and i ask them ok where on collins ave since it goes from 1st to 210th st(south beach is 1st to 23rd lol)...and they think they are right in sobe.

Thx for the heads up on Strastosphere, deff don't want to stay too far from the action. Looking @ Bally's & Trop right now on Hotels.com for decent deals.

You live in LA, right? Since I never been out in the West Coast...was thinking i could fly into San Diego check out the city, ect than drive up to LA(which is bout a hour n halfish or so?)...spend the rest of the afternoon there, than drive to Vegas by the end of the night. Think it would be a nice little trip, open to any type of recommendations :)

I almost choked when you said 1 1/2 from san diego to la lol.

Irvine (OC) to LA no traffic (late at night) hitting it : 40 minutes. Ive had friends in traffic from Laguna come to LA - several hours they told me.

San Diego to LA NO traffic - 2 1/2 - 3 hours I believe.

LA to Vegas major traffic : damn ... can be eternity. 5-12 hours.

LA to Vegas (100 mph+) no traffic: 3 - 3 1/2 hours.

oh, and book through the hotel. You can always cancel 48 hours in advance by phone (at min).