Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Review of Las Vegas 2005

lalate

thanks for the review. i'm leaving vegas tomorrow and coming back on Wed. my cousin mentioned Rain...what's your opinion on that?

yeah go. (It was reviewed on my review.) Plus I will probably go to Rain when Im there next week (the girls I met all wanted to go there when I was in town.) Finally, pics from Rain I believe it was from MMDW showed the girls from a party hosted by a LA promoter :rock: ..... man, these girls are your typical LA hotties - the pics BLOW everything away in terms of pics I saw for that weekend (but remember, that was a one time party).

Hey what night were you at Teatro? Maybe I saw ya. I was there Thurs afterhours and Friday night. (And thankfully avoided all the napkinknites pictures for that night lol).

We hit up Teatro on Saturday night, and there were definitely a lot of LA folks in the house that night as well. Of course, that's a pretty common thing for Vegas clubs on Mem Day. And I always have a knack for avoiding the club photographers. I've been told it's a good thing as my pupils are generally unfocused on photographs. :)

Red Square (at Mandalay)

Nice to go to for an early cocktail, try a few vodkas you've never heard of, but I don't think it's worth the trip. Once the line for Rumjungle gets longer, the lazy folks wind up going into Red Square and the bar just doesn't have that much room to mingle. One time I was there and they had the whole front area open for bar use, but the last two times I've been in there they put out ropes (ropes!) to separate the bar/standing/mingling area from more tables they've put out. Never been particularly impressed. Oh, and the service is pretty slow. I guess if you're staying at Mandalay it's a good place to start an evening off.

Rain

Bah. Of course the women want to check it out, everyone does, it still carries that MTV mystique to it. For a regular clubber I'd say yeah, it's worth checking out just so you know the deal there... but seriously, any club can host a party and have pictures of gorgeous people. Another perfect example is pics from Light. All that said, i've certainly wound up going to rain because the group of ladies I'm with are insistent on going... but I don't think anyone that frequents this board should make it a top choice.

Great review :aright: You defintley hit up a lot of spots in a few days. I'll have to try and check out Mix next time. My brain was a little slow all weekend so I forgot. The JP party @54 was a little weak. The crowd did not last long at all. Same with Boris. Probably because they are both NYC dj's and not really recognized on the west coast. If it were NYC it would have been a different story. Can't wait to go back!!!! :bounce:

We hit up Teatro on Saturday night, and there were definitely a lot of LA folks in the house that night as well. Of course, that's a pretty common thing for Vegas clubs on Mem Day. And I always have a knack for avoiding the club photographers. I've been told it's a good thing as my pupils are generally unfocused on photographs. :)

Red Square (at Mandalay)

Nice to go to for an early cocktail, try a few vodkas you've never heard of, but I don't think it's worth the trip. Once the line for Rumjungle gets longer, the lazy folks wind up going into Red Square and the bar just doesn't have that much room to mingle. One time I was there and they had the whole front area open for bar use, but the last two times I've been in there they put out ropes (ropes!) to separate the bar/standing/mingling area from more tables they've put out. Never been particularly impressed. Oh, and the service is pretty slow. I guess if you're staying at Mandalay it's a good place to start an evening off.

Rain

Bah. Of course the women want to check it out, everyone does, it still carries that MTV mystique to it. For a regular clubber I'd say yeah, it's worth checking out just so you know the deal there... but seriously, any club can host a party and have pictures of gorgeous people. Another perfect example is pics from Light. All that said, i've certainly wound up going to rain because the group of ladies I'm with are insistent on going... but I don't think anyone that frequents this board should make it a top choice.

You were at Teatro Saturday? Damn. Yeah I met 4 LA people on the walk to Teatro and brought them all in. And then met one other girl from OC inside the club. Thank the blessid GOD the cameraman didnt get me in Teatro that night .. ohhhh damn lol.

Great review :aright: You defintley hit up a lot of spots in a few days. I'll have to try and check out Mix next time. My brain was a little slow all weekend so I forgot. The JP party @54 was a little weak. The crowd did not last long at all. Same with Boris. Probably because they are both NYC dj's and not really recognized on the west coast. If it were NYC it would have been a different story. Can't wait to go back!!!! :bounce:

Thanks. 4th of July?!!!! :rock:

Other thoughts.

Mix

Warning: do not go to the restroom drunk lol. I went to Mix's restroom the first night I was there SOBER .... about 4 minutes into the night. Lets just say, I walked into every wall! I remember some Woody Allen sketch of me saying Hi to a chick on the walk in and suddenly walking into a wall. In the bathroom, one guy got trapped in the restroom stall.

The place friggen uses black walls, black floors, black doornobs, black sinks, and walls that arent straight. So basically you have no friggen clue where you are.

Oh, and the poor soul that couldnt figure out how to use the sinks. I just stood there for 3 minutes and laughed under my breath until I showed him were the hidden sensors are for the sinks.

Hotel Locations

When it comes down to it, the best hotel location (currently) is anything at the corner of Barnaby Coast, Caesar, Bellagio, Paris, Ballys. Since most of the best stuff is left or right of this intersection, or right there, you'll save money on your cabs and time on your walks.

The ITHotel

Everyone has the preference. Bellagio is stunning, maybe one of hte best hotels I have ever witnessed. Wynn is really, really incredible. And Paris has the best food, hands down, no discussion. But if you wonder what really is, or is going to be, the "It" hotel, in my opinion, the one that draws Hollywood mega-elite, not the wantabe Versace-rockers, its THEHotel.

Room sizes

Interesting thing to consider for big holidays when you do the room share with your friends: look at the sq footage listing for the hotel.

For example: Paris has really large standard rooms. But Ballys even beats that with cheaper prices (same company) at 500 sq feet for their standard rooms. But what claims to have the largest standard rooms in town? THEhotel (which costs more logically) at 750 sq feet for standard rooms.

Lalate I will also be in Vegas 9-12th of June def going to hit up mix...got a good hook there to. My boys works for TheHotel hope to see ya there!

ill definitely be there next sat night. I prefer the place for an 8 pm - 10 pm hitup.

You down, pm me.

Hey if it's a Tuesday or Wednesday when you all go to mix lemme know. Those are the nites we go out and we loved mix....in fact we're going there this Wednesday...yeah!!

How long is your hair now? I'll drag you to go there at 8 pm too next Friday lol.

WHATS UP VEGAS FORUM...

Usually post on NEW YORK FORUM but im planning to go to VEgas on my vacation days aug11 -17th anyone know where i Can get a good package...Me and a few friends will be heading down...

Appreciate it

WHATS UP VEGAS FORUM...

Usually post on NEW YORK FORUM but im planning to go to VEgas on my vacation days aug11 -17th anyone know where i Can get a good package...Me and a few friends will be heading down...

Appreciate it

For clubs or hotels? If clubs, pm me.

Hey if it's a Tuesday or Wednesday when you all go to mix lemme know. Those are the nites we go out and we loved mix....in fact we're going there this Wednesday...yeah!!

We are gonna head there for a bit on Wed

Sweet you're going to Mix tomorrow too? Damn I should see if I can't get a table.....wish I knew the manger there but maybe they can still do something for us.

I'll be there w/ Kaydup.. we're flying in tomorrow at 3pm..

Him and I will be in pink dresses