Clubplanet Nightlife Community

morillo overated ????????/

what you think

lately I been hearing this said about him...

and after hearing him more and more lately...i might have to agree...

his parties are always banging ...and a great time...but the sets are pretty much the same.......and the mixing is very sub par if anyhtign .

but i always have a good time...subliminal def knows how to bring the vibe..

what you think

his parties are always banging ...and a great time...but the sets are pretty much the same.......and the mixing is very sub par if anyhtign .

i think one of the best sets i saw from him was @ virgin megastore... he was tearing the cdj's and efx apart... i've never heard anything like it.... also the friday after thanksgiving was an amazing night all around.. but his set at deko was extremely weak.. ehhh good point fast...

i think one of the best sets i saw from him was @ virgin megastore... he was tearing the cdj's and efx apart... i've never heard anything like it.... also the friday after thanksgiving was an amazing night all around.. but his set at deko was extremely weak.. ehhh good point fast...

liek there is nothgin every WOW about it

lots of oldies....bad mixing ....lots of off beat times...

whihc people dimiss as him being fucked up....that is no excuse in my book ...

althought SPACE terrace was an amzing party..

Erick know his stuff. Thats why he is so up there. Understand one thing he is from here so there is no problam playing here from time to time. We all know he was busy getting to where he is now.

Overrated: Naaa. It only has begun !!

Victor Soto

at Discotech...he totally blew me away

at Crobar ...ehh...same set, not the same vibe, not too fond of the track selection (too commercial)...dont like the CD at all

I've heard the same about Boris - that at Disco/Show it's totally different vibe, feel, crowd, you know what I mean?

i gotta admit, he does play the same sets Disco/Crobar party was basically the same.. but hey, at BOTH parties i fully enjoyed myself and had the time of my life dancing (sober).. you really can't beat the energy in there.. i won't even talk about spirit, that night was totally busted :-(.

i think i might see him on the 10th, who knows :type:

i think he's def a talented dj, and i wouldn't say that he's over rated, hell no one is saying he's the best dj out there. i have a set from him @ space in miami from this january, and i would have to say that he still rocks a good 60% of tracks that he played back then. so as far as track selection, he could def spin newer shit, and im sure when you're eric morillo you're not going to satellite and buying shit, he probably has promos and cdrs falling out of his ass.

it seems he just tries to cater to the crowd too much and not try new things, he spins the same set because he knows he's gonna get a response, but there comes a time when you gotta let go of certain tracks, even if they're your faves. overall still wouldn't call him overrated, his party @ the wmc was probably one of the best at the conference, he just needs to mix it up more.

what you think

Morillo was never like this years ago, when he was doing subliminal sessions at centro-fly and as well as discotheque he wasnt dropping mainstream club bangers and all his sets were diff. and on-point. he became way too mainstream cuz i guess he is becoming "THE NEXT BIG THING IN NYC" ive loved morillo for years and he throws the best parties, his vibe is insane, but ill agree with u that lately his sets are def. repetitive

what you think

wakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. i would never pay to see him.

Every DJ has there good moments and bad. No one is perfect and everyone is human. All I can say is that im glad we have a good dj by our side representings NYC/NJ.

Roger Sanchez on the other had is up there as well in my book.

Victor Soto

eric used to b great..the couple of times i saw him in europe were amazing....last time @ crobar sucked..im never gona c him in NYC again...g'bage ass sets..he caters to the jersey crowd..

his set @ Leeds Love Parade in 2000 was the shiznot

Morillo from 1990 till about 2002 was great. Since then the "jersey"(not that i have nothing against ya but im sure you know what i mean) people have discovered him so to say and he changed his style of music to cater to the crowd when sf closed and he first started doing afterhrs at disco. SUBLIMINAL SESSIONS at centro fly and at discotheque were amazing. Then his style has changed so much here in NYC like someone said earlier but if you catch him anywhere else in the world hes playing totally different, hmm i wonder why. Lot of people sweat him theres great energy in his parties and people think hes the shit right now, so his parties will be fun for those type of peoples, wut can you do. Let them all have fun. So yes MORILLO is overated NOW but still should be respect for his accomplishments. Here in nyc you can still catch some of his old school ways playing on much later in the set but i dont see why you have to put up with 7 hrs of noise b4 themusic begins.

....last time @ crobar sucked..im never gona c him in NYC again...

so you're not down to come next week? we got the ill booth over the dance floor set up...bottles will be flowing son...just leave your Skumbag friend at home. That Jew fuck can buy his own drinks

he def sold out..

so much better when the subliminal party was at centro..

but i dont blame him..hes def making more money now then he ever did

That thurs night party was the best little secret in the city, now its just played

i think he's def a talented dj, and i wouldn't say that he's over rated, hell no one is saying he's the best dj out there. i have a set from him @ space in miami from this january, and i would have to say that he still rocks a good 60% of tracks that he played back then. so as far as track selection, he could def spin newer shit, and im sure when you're eric morillo you're not going to satellite and buying shit, he probably has promos and cdrs falling out of his ass.

it seems he just tries to cater to the crowd too much and not try new things, he spins the same set because he knows he's gonna get a response, but there comes a time when you gotta let go of certain tracks, even if they're your faves. overall still wouldn't call him overrated, his party @ the wmc was probably one of the best at the conference, he just needs to mix it up more.

agreed, I thought he was amazing the first time I heard him (I think it was in March 2004), and each time I am a little less impressed, because he kind of plays the same stuff every time. Last time I heard him at Spirit a few months ago I wasn't a fan at all, but everyone has off nights. Overall I think he's a great DJ, but if he was a little more willing to experiment he could really rip it sick.

guy owns one of the top 5 most influential labels in the history of dance music..... :bowdown:

as a DJ......he needs to cater to the crowd that is there to see him, his sound right now is right up their ally......the centro fly parties def. had more of a music savvy audience rather than now. its just about being scene at the morillo parties now, so thats who he plays for. that is why the music gets better late......he knows his old school fans go to see him and stay till hes ready to really throw down

guy owns one of the top 5 most influential labels in the history of dance music..... :bowdown:

as a DJ......he needs to cater to the crowd that is there to see him, his sound right now is right up their ally......the centro fly parties def. had more of a music savvy audience rather than now. its just about being scene at the morillo parties now, so thats who he plays for. that is why the music gets better late......he knows his old school fans go to see him and stay till hes ready to really throw down

He shouldn't compromise good music for a shitty crowd...It only turns people off further...

I still listen to sets from years ago...right now even

His sets in London at Ministry are very different than his sets in New York (better imo). He's not overrated, he just caters to whatever crowd he's playing to (for better or worse). That hard prog/house doesn't really fly well in Europe with the exception of guys like DJ Vibe, Chus and Ceballos and a few others, so he doesn't play that way here. Catch him overseas if you get the opportunity.