Clubplanet Nightlife Community

XS & TEMPTS what is up?

I wasn't going to say anything and, the people that run these parties are probably going to have this taken down but anyway here it goes. If I posted under my real screen name I would catch crap from everyone and I don't want to make any enemies most of these people know me and I love all their parties the rest of the year.

First off, Hello this is Seaside Heights fellas, lose the velvet ropes and bring back the wooden horses, you have to lose the suits at the doors. I mean come on are you kidding me, leave it at Deko where it belongs in the fall and winter, the is about chillin out, no need for it!!

Second, Whats with all the new door people, and people claiming they work there. The shakedown at XS by the door people was ridiculous, again we know how it works but to threaten that we'll never get inside even if we make to the door is crazy. I see the old door guys working from the past few years but not at the door, at least they didn't ROB people.

TEMPTS, ohh my poor Tempts, what has happen, this was the place of places the club of clubs. Again, all new people at the door, that were clueless, and since when does tempts have sixty promoters outside?

I'm all for the renovations, but stage shows and acts at Tempts, please its embarassing, the Abyss and Deko guys leave your suits and army of wanna be promoters and door guys at home, this is seaside, we want our shirts off, we want to chill, throw napkins, water, go nuts,we don't need suits and and 600 "promoters" running around, or some lame dress code, your trying to bring a certain uppity vibe to a place thats about letting loose and dressing how you want, a place where sitting on the wooden horse while on line was comfy.

I know you guys have a job but leave just a few guys there, like Binoy and Jarmenio, atleast those guys know what seaside is about. I hope there are changes, not totally back to the "old" ways but not all this silly shit thats going on now.

I wasn't going to say anything and, the people that run these parties are probably going to have this taken down but anyway here it goes. If I posted under my real screen name I would catch crap from everyone and I don't want to make any enemies most of these people know me and I love all their parties the rest of the year.

First off, Hello this is Seaside Heights fellas, lose the velvet ropes and bring back the wooden horses, you have to lose the suits at the doors. I mean come on are you kidding me, leave it at Deko where it belongs in the fall and winter, the is about chillin out, no need for it!!

Second, Whats with all the new door people, and people claiming they work there. The shakedown at XS by the door people was ridiculous, again we know how it works but to threaten that we'll never get inside even if we make to the door is crazy. I see the old door guys working from the past few years but not at the door, at least they didn't ROB people.

TEMPTS, ohh my poor Tempts, what has happen, this was the place of places the club of clubs. Again, all new people at the door, that were clueless, and since when does tempts have sixty promoters outside?

I'm all for the renovations, but stage shows and acts at Tempts, please its embarassing, the Abyss and Deko guys leave your suits and army of wanna be promoters and door guys at home, this is seaside, we want our shirts off, we want to chill, throw napkins, water, go nuts,we don't need suits and and 600 "promoters" running around, or some lame dress code, your trying to bring a certain uppity vibe to a place thats about letting loose and dressing how you want, a place where sitting on the wooden horse while on line was comfy.

I know you guys have a job but leave just a few guys there, like Binoy and Jarmenio, atleast those guys know what seaside is about. I hope there are changes, not totally back to the "old" ways but not all this silly shit thats going on now.

Maybe you should give out your real name :)

As for the shore and as for everyone can know it was dieing down there. It wasnt the same and it needed a boost of energy back. Understand one thing its not only deko/abyss crew doing these parties there are other promoters from other venues involved as well. Yes, Tempts was the best a few years back, but like they all say all good things must come to an end. NOTHING IS FOREVER. Another thing who's wearing suits??????? This is a new trend now wear people want to get dressed down the shore. If you looked around there were very little people wearing cut off etc etc which is nothing and never wrong with to begin with. This year and last year women and men looked their best dressed their best. Like you said its not the same and your right, but things change and if no one liked it they wouldn't have came down the shore. This past weekend said A LOT. People liked what we offered and im sorry if you feel that way, but it was a mad house, lol.

Yes this is Seaside where a lot of people go to every year every summer. A place where there are 3-4 great venues, dj's and people like us down there during the summer. What is wrong with having a door guy etc etc. If you saw how it was this past weekend then you'll know that the venues wont be able to handle the pressure there without some help. Thats why we are all there to provide something a bit different. These aren't no run down venues with run down people.

As for XS we were told by the owner that the doors needed to be closed. We have no say in who's getting in etc etc after that is said to us. The doors closed 3 times before 12 that Sunday night with Morillo. Many people couldnt get in at all at that time. That is not our fault. XS was FULL.

As for Tempts last year was DEAD, all summer long it was dead and to see it up and running again Saturday and Sunday was a good view. So what if they are door guys. I remember working at tempts years ago when that line never moved cause the bouncers never paid attention cause there was to many stuff going on outside and in. We are there to keep the flow going.

Like you said the shirts off etc etc is cool, but is a bit played out just like BUM Equipment gear, lol. But its fun at times. All I can say is things change, people change.

I see your hear kind of complaining but saying you love the parties and like Binoy & JAR, but again/kind of bashing US. I never saw them wearing suits :)

I know where your coming from, but if you saw this past weekend they do need door people and promoters for what was accomplished. Last year we promoted XS and it was very successful and we are trying to do the same for Tempts. Sometimes little change is good.

If you know JAR and Binoy im sure they can do something for you, but everyone is entitled for their onions so here was mine too.

Victor Soto

As for the shore and as for everyone can know it was dieing down there. It wasnt the same and it needed a boost of energy back. Understand one thing its not only deko/abyss crew doing these parties there are other promoters from other venues involved as well. Yes, Tempts was the best a few years back, but like they all say all good things must come to an end. NOTHING IS FOREVER. Another thing who's wearing suits??????? This is a new trend now wear people want to get dressed down the shore. If you looked around there were very little people wearing cut off etc etc which is nothing and never wrong with to begin with. This year and last year women and men looked their best dressed their best. Like you said its not the same and your right, but things change and if no one liked it they wouldn't have came down the shore. This past weekend said A LOT. People liked what we offered and im sorry if you feel that way, but it was a mad house, lol.

Yes this is Seaside where a lot of people go to every year every summer. A place where there are 3-4 great venues, dj's and people like us down there during the summer. What is wrong with having a door guy etc etc. If you saw how it was this past weekend then you'll know that the venues wont be able to handle the pressure there without some help. Thats why we are all there to provide something a bit different. These aren't no run down venues with run down people.

As for XS we were told by the owner that the doors needed to be closed. We have no say in who's getting in etc etc after that is said to us. The doors closed 3 times before 12 that Sunday night with Morillo. Many people couldnt get in at all at that time. That is not our fault. XS was FULL.

As for Tempts last year was DEAD, all summer long it was dead and to see it up and running again Saturday and Sunday was a good view. So what if they are door guys. I remember working at tempts years ago when that line never moved cause the bouncers never paid attention cause there was to many stuff going on outside and in. We are there to keep the flow going.

Like you said the shirts off etc etc is cool, but is a bit played out just like BUM Equipment gear, lol. But its fun at times. All I can say is things change, people change.

I see your hear kind of complaining but saying you love the parties and like Binoy & JAR, but again/kind of bashing US. I never saw them wearing suits :)

I know where your coming from, but if you saw this past weekend they do need door people and promoters for what was accomplished. Last year we promoted XS and it was very successful and we are trying to do the same for Tempts. Sometimes little change is good.

If you know JAR and Binoy im sure they can do something for you, but everyone is entitled for their onions so here was mine too.

Victor Soto

That was well said Vic... that shirt off and water throwing ain't cool that's childish if you want to take your shirt off and throw water go to the waterpark during day.The paper napkins that's fine it's like confetti. On a side note to club owners and promoters it wouldn't be a bad idea to shoot some confetti into the air on build up to some of the DJ's sets Vic's right everyone is there for a good time trying to do there thing. If people want to dress down that's fine if they want dress up even better. The fact is that there are beautiful people that come down the shore to these venues to have a great time and they like to look good. And trust me cloths does make the person.

So all you clowns with cut off shirts,ginny-t's and addias pants please don't take your stinkin smell swetty shrits off, and please stop throwing water use it to wash yourself ya triple neck Jose Canseco's meatheads. :vomit2:

Victor Soto

Nicely said Vic, you and Jerry do a great job down there keep it up c u on the weekend. Johnny v

Yeah, I have a good time but the pretenious attitude you people have make me laugh , you guys think your somebody special, and people kiss you ass, why just to make sure they get, comps, whatever. You Deko/Abyss people preach customer service, but yet you have promoters inside the clubs trying get an extra $40 for vip wristbands, the door guys, were might have made enough money to put their 1st born through college with all the money they were taking. I wasn't talking about the doors being shut I'm talking about being on line and these giant spanish guys telling us pay us $25 a person and we'll get you in or forget your not coming in. So much for the outstanding customer service

Everywhere i go now, i have people telling me "Ya i'm workin XS now"....."Come to Tempts on Saturday night, I'm WORKIN there now"

LMAO

I'm talkin....a good 10-12 people have said this to me in the past 2 weeks.

When I ask what they do, i get "I promote".

Is it promoting, or is it "talkin your friends into comin and buying 5 bottles"

IMO - Suits at seaside looks rediculous. I'm stayin at DJ'ais this weekend thank u.

I been goin to XS and Temps....and Seaside period for a good 7-8 yrs.

To get treated like I got treated on line this past weekend was insulting. Having some bouncer tell me to give him $$, or "You'll stand out here all night, I dont give a fuck"

byebye seaside. u just lost a faithful customer

Let me start of by saying Big Props to the XS promoters last year they did something I thought just was possible actually happen. They turned XS into the biggest draw down the shore. That being said the whole promoter thing is way out of control like has been stated above me. I as many of you know that the way things used to be is over and dead. Tempts will sag all year other then a nice crowd on Sun. XS will be packed most of the year just because its hott right now. Buttt and this is a biggg Butt things have changed Buttt change is not always for the better. Please nobody here ever ever ever compare Tempts the past 8 years to any of this "new" scene. That is not only silly but its just plain wrong.

Tempts my friend SOME of you know was a HOME. It was an extension of the "city". It was actually FUN! A place to hang out get crazy and let loose. Not a place to wear your dopey button up shirt and try to look pretty. Again the dopey button up is cool but down the shore? I actually made it to Tempts and Sunday and it was very very avg. compared to the past. The crowd is very very sad....did anyone see the people dancing??? What happened to years where you could find some really good dancers and not find retards doing flips and kicks for whatever reason? The vibe is lost...and to be honest its been lost for a few years now. I really cant imagine some of the New Kids on the Scene back at Tempts about 7 years ago. Would they get mad everytime someone splashed them with water??? Guys its about FUN!! Why not have some. 5 or 6 years ago every single night was Labor Day weekend at Tempts. People didnt care what you had on they cared about how much fun you were having. Maybe its the drugs and the fact that other drugs are now "popular". I really dont know. Soto I know you used to hang out at Surf and Tempts and you can honestly say that these clubs are better now can you? I think some of us older folk grew up in the Limelight, Tunnel scene to were most of the new kids are basically just products of the watered down new New York city club scene. I know I am rambling but to you new people dont make the mistake of saying this scene is better...it really makes you sound uninformed...no actually its just plain wrong.

i don't really make it down the shore all that much, and i wasn't there 7 and 8 yrs ago, but i know one thing. i went down the shore cause it was something different. if i wanna dress up and stand in line i can do that in a countless number of places in the city. that was the whole point of going down the shore, for something else during the summer. i haven't yet actually driven down there myself but if they really stick with the pretentiousnes and the dresscodes that would be wack for sure.

if they wanna take it in a new direction, with morillo being down there, and actually getting some big name talent, more power to them, but keep a music oriented party, not create a pretentious scene with bottles and all the bullshit that goes along with that.

i gotta say, i went to temps on sunday and had no problems at all, the door staff was friendly and as far as dress code goes i was wearing adidas pants and sneakers, the way its suppossed to be down the shore and had no problems at the door....maybe its not the temps of old but who cares as long as you are down there having fun with your friends thats all that should matter ...

"Like you said the shirts off etc etc is cool, but is a bit played out just like BUM Equipment gear, lol. But its fun at times. All I can say is things change, people change." v-s

I agree 1000%...who wants to step in puke at a club or be harrassed by some goon who thinks he owns chairs and tables and won't let a female sit down..i don't want to be shoved around and step in broken plastic cups..its just animalistic..

i am glad you are updating and I won't mind paying more money for your business to keep it nice..if I wanted to party with animals i'll go to the zoo. keep updating..it never hurts.

That was well said Vic... that shirt off and water throwing ain't cool that's childish if you want to take your shirt off and throw water go to the waterpark during day.The paper napkins that's fine it's like confetti. On a side note to club owners and promoters it wouldn't be a bad idea to shoot some confetti into the air on build up to some of the DJ's sets Vic's right everyone is there for a good time trying to do there thing. If people want to dress down that's fine if they want dress up even better. The fact is that there are beautiful people that come down the shore to these venues to have a great time and they like to look good. And trust me cloths does make the person.

So all you clowns with cut off shirts,ginny-t's and addias pants please don't take your stinkin smell swetty shrits off, and please stop throwing water use it to wash yourself ya triple neck Jose Canseco's meatheads. :vomit2:

You got that right!

All of you who are complaining give me a f@#$ing break. What did you just start going to clubs or something. As if paying a bouncer just started, this has been going on forever boys and girls. And to tell u the truth im glad it does happen b/c if i ever go out somewhere new where i don't know anybody and there is a big line you better believe im trowing the bouncer 20-30 bucks to get in(fuck waiting on a line if you dont have to). All of you that are pissed about being online and it not moving or whatever everyone in your party should have chiped in 10 bucks gave it to the bouncer and enjoyed yourselfs inside instead of complaining outside.

Kettle and 7up $6.00

Entrance for a club $15-$25

Listening to Eric Morillo @ XS while the line is down the block around the corner PRICELESS

iF YOU DONT KNOW ANYBODY @THE DOOR AND YOUR SICK OF

WAITING STOP YOUR BITCHIN AND GREASE THE BOUNCER

AND GO HAVE A GOOD TIME!

Victor Soto

Hey Victor I hear what both of you are saying and the one thing I completely agree with is the stage show at Tempts..........sorry but a few transvestites dancing on stage is not entertainment.........at least leave that part of Tempts alone, the only entertainment at Tempts should be Denny(and now Richie also)..........NO-ONE and I mean No-One ever goes to a club to see queers dancing on stage........if you want performances higher hot ass chicks to dance on stage...............or something like that. But no Anthony Lamont or whoever the fuck that he/she is!!!! Sorry

Hey Victor I hear what both of you are saying and the one thing I completely agree with is the stage show at Tempts..........sorry but a few transvestites dancing on stage is not entertainment.........at least leave that part of Tempts alone, the only entertainment at Tempts should be Denny(and now Richie also)..........NO-ONE and I mean No-One ever goes to a club to see queers dancing on stage........if you want performances higher hot ass chicks to dance on stage...............or something like that. But no Anthony Lamont or whoever the fuck that he/she is!!!! Sorry

preech on Tempts old-skool warrior

OMG.....stage shows at Tempts.....what has this world come to??????

I am so glad my years of being a regular at Tempts are over. Not to say I would like to go and hear Denny here and there....but come on now.......Anthony Lamont at Tempts........At least I can say I was there for Tempts best years...the years to remember.