Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sooo whos goin 2 Disco and SHow???

*OUT

dt, his music, and his crowd have taken a nose dive from Phenomenal to a joke in only like 2 and 1/2 years

I likeee his music almost better now then before, he plays harder now it might not be for everyone but whatever it get's most people movin. As far as his crowd i stilll see pretty much the same peoople that went to go see him at vinyl that see him now plus a thousand more so i dunno he just got more popular after vinyl i guess, i wouldnt call that a nosedive.

As far as his crowd i stilll see pretty much the same peoople that went to go see him at vinyl that see him now plus a thousand more so i dunno he just got more popular after vinyl i guess, i wouldnt call that a nosedive.

a thousand more people does not make better people. there is a lot of shoving and pushing in the crowd lately, if only danny brought back some of his no-nonsense "rules" from heyday, at least we'd get some dancefloor etiquette back.

I would have loved to stop by Disco around noon (when hopefully overcrowding might not be an issue), but really, $50 bucks for discotheque is ridiculous. I might check out Show, the crowd should be a little more fun/crazy.

Also, can Danny just get a 1 Saturday a month residency at Spirit and call it a day?

I would have loved to stop by Disco around noon (when hopefully overcrowding might not be an issue), but really, $50 bucks for discotheque is ridiculous. I might check out Show, the crowd should be a little more fun/crazy.

Also, can Danny just get a 1 Saturday a month residency at Spirit and call it a day?

yeah i totally agree. The prices are ridiculous and since danny has such a hardcore following, when he spins EVERYONE turns out making for huge crowds. A monthly residency would be perfect, but who knows...

a thousand more people does not make better people. there is a lot of shoving and pushing in the crowd lately, if only danny brought back some of his no-nonsense "rules" from heyday, at least we'd get some dancefloor etiquette back.

there is no such thing as "dancefloor etiquette" in a packed club regardless of what kind of crowd it is. as far as the no-nonsense rules....like what dont do drugs or use glowsticks...? i really doubt those rules would impact the "dancefloor" in any way.

there is no such thing as "dancefloor etiquette" in a packed club regardless of what kind of crowd it is. as far as the no-nonsense rules....like what dont do drugs or use glowsticks...? i really doubt those rules would impact the "dancefloor" in any way.

I think it's mostly because the crowd is immature in those club, imho.

Most of the ridiculously crowded parties I've been to at Vinyl (body&soul used to be insanely crowded) or Twilo (jr's special parties are just paaaacked) or else, it was still okay:

i.e. no-one dancing like they have the whole club to themselves, if you bump into someone you say a quick sorry, forget about bringing your drink on the dancefloor, ...

but this takes either experience or just plain not-being-a-asshole; so it's sometimes hard to find in the usual mainstream ny nightlife. But even in those circumstances, it's hard to enjoy the party when you're wet shirt sticks to the next person's sweaty back ...

I think it's mostly because the crowd is immature in those club, imho.

Most of the ridiculously crowded parties I've been to at Vinyl (body&soul used to be insanely crowded) or Twilo (jr's special parties are just paaaacked) or else, it was still okay:

i.e. no-one dancing like they have the whole club to themselves, if you bump into someone you say a quick sorry, forget about bringing your drink on the dancefloor, ...

but this takes either experience or just plain not-being-a-asshole; so it's sometimes hard to find in the usual mainstream ny nightlife. But even in those circumstances, it's hard to enjoy the party when you're wet shirt sticks to the next person's sweaty back ...

thank you

etiquette is a relative term, it really means have some respect for those around you

i bought my ticket on line for $30

anyone who complains bout spending 50

has noone to blame but themselves

I don't really buy tickets to a party in advance because I can't be sure I'll go...plus maybe I'll get in for free ;) so who knows. Also, it's kinda lame and kills the fun/unexpected last minute decision excitment.

if they charge too litle it would be too packed

...selection by money is the dumbest one you can have.

Umm yes there is dancefloor etiquette, remember when he use to play at vinyl you always heard excuse me or sorry. Now a days its just meatheads plowing through the crowd. and of all places to play discotech? have fun

Danny's crowd has gone downhill so has his parties

Umm yes there is dancefloor etiquette, remember when he use to play at vinyl you always heard excuse me or sorry. Now a days its just meatheads plowing through the crowd. and of all places to play discotech? have fun

Danny's crowd has gone downhill so has his parties

People saying excuse me, im sorry, did not take away from the fact that i was being pushed, most people dont bump in2 others on purpose, i mean cmon does saying "im sorry" really make your nite that much better?......i hope not.

Besides the point im goin to disco because im just excited to hear danny in a smalll room, i know it's gonna be fun and if you want to reminisce about vinyl so much you should probably go, rather then critisize before the party has even begun.

People saying excuse me, im sorry, did not take away from the fact that i was being pushed, most people dont bump in2 others on purpose, i mean cmon does saying "im sorry" really make your nite that much better?......i hope not.

Well at least you're not pissed because you just had the chance to meet a jerk (that ruins the mood for a while).

Also, if it's the type of people who at least acknowledge your existence on the dancefloor by a 'sorry', they tend to be a little more conscious of others; i.e. they at least will try to avoid bumping into you and think they're the coolest baddest mofo in the club ...

... that's just me speaking out of my experience.

Besides the point im goin to disco because im just excited to hear danny in a smalll room, i know it's gonna be fun and if you want to reminisce about vinyl so much you should probably go, rather then critisize before the party has even begun.

Hallelujah

Yes it does make a difference. If someone says sorry it makes up for the fact they bumped into you. Which will always happen; the point is if the person acknowledges the fact it happend instead of just blowing by you. It shows the type of crowd is there.

No thanks about disco, i've seen that movie many times and know how it ends. Have fun paying 50 bucks to be cramped into disco