Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Would you work at a Club / Restaurant that you can not go to on your off time?

just wanted to know how people think about this. i work at Beach Club in AC and they do not let there employees in on there off time. and yet there are still thinking why they are still dead on the weekends. they have over 200 employees there and none of us are allowed to go and party at night so we are goin to take our friends and family to a differnt place for our bussiness. i have never worked in a place with this rule and really im not lovin this job, lol.

What do you guys think about this subject?

thanks for your time.

Z

just wanted to know how people think about this. i work at Beach Club in AC and they do not let there employees in on there off time. and yet there are still thinking why they are still dead on the weekends. they have over 200 employees there and none of us are allowed to go and party at night so we are goin to take our friends and family to a differnt place for our bussiness. i have never worked in a place with this rule and really im not lovin this job, lol.

thanks for your time.

Z

What a joke. How is this place?

Maybe because they have more employees there than patrons, that was another thing I noticed................and to not let any of them in on their off time is absolutely ridiculous. They are cutting off a major revenue stream!!!!!!!! Employees have friends. And when they go out with thier friends they go somewhere else because of a stupid rule!!!! Never heard of that before!!!!!!

Maybe because they have more employees there than patrons, that was another thing I noticed................and to not let any of them in on their off time is absolutely ridiculous. They are cutting off a major revenue stream!!!!!!!! Employees have friends. And when they go out with thier friends they go somewhere else because of a stupid rule!!!! Never heard of that before!!!!!!

exaclty bro. i would say a good 150 of there employess like to go out and have fun at clubs and shit. all of them have friends and family so they are lossing out on about 20% of there bussiness. hopefully they will get the message soon and make a change before its to late and they have no employees left. i already know alot of the servers quit and bouncers as well.

Z

im sure the venue where you work thinks that they'll save money that way. (if you know the staff, usually u get free drinks, etc.) But that venue is real short sighted. As the people were saying above, they are cutting off a major potential clientel. dumb.

oh and to answer your questions: yes i would work there, but i'd start looking for another job b/c the venue might have to start downsizing staff to make up for the loss in business. :)

gluck hun.

im sure the venue where you work thinks that they'll save money that way. (if you know the staff, usually u get free drinks, etc.) But that venue is real short sighted. As the people were saying above, they are cutting off a major potential clientel. dumb.

oh and to answer your questions: yes i would work there, but i'd start looking for another job b/c the venue might have to start downsizing staff to make up for the loss in business. :)

gluck hun.

i agree in a way but they can also make strict guidlines with the drinks. cause if we are there on our off time then we represent the club/restaurant. and with all the other restaurants and clubs in AC i honestly think they are making a bad bussiness move with this rule. the house of blues will be open the end of this month and half our staff is over there now which i have an interview today, hehe. also cant wait for the new peir at ceasers to open up with 5 other new restaurants to hit up and a new nightclub. AC just seems to keep gettin bigger and better to visit.

Z

i agree in a way but they can also make strict guidlines with the drinks. cause if we are there on our off time then we represent the club/restaurant. and with all the other restaurants and clubs in AC i honestly think they are making a bad bussiness move with this rule. the house of blues will be open the end of this month and half our staff is over there now which i have an interview today, hehe. also cant wait for the new peir at ceasers to open up with 5 other new restaurants to hit up and a new nightclub. AC just seems to keep gettin bigger and better to visit.

Z

there is no doubt that it is a bad business move..........I don't even see the point in that rule!!! I mean is it an insurance liability concern???? Cause I can't see it.............and as far as the bartenders taken care of there own, I'm sure that would occur, but a more packed club is more attractive to others who will decide to go and pay for drinks......in the end I think it would outwiegh the loss of consumption by off-duty employees!!!!

AC just seems to keep gettin bigger and better to visit.

Z

definetly. they're investing alot of money into AC cause they want it to be a vegas, and not a senior citizens hang out, lol.

Also, if you dont care about 'not' partying at where you work - there's probably an easier way up the chain into management, if everyone else is leaving. [soemthing to think about - and once you're there, mnaybe you can change that rule]

I've worked in my share of clubs/bars. NEVER heard of them not allowing you in on your night off. Some places limit how much you can drink, some places say you can only go to certain bars for drinks (to regulate it). Some give you half price to limit cost losses and encourage everything being rung up. But NEVER not being allowed to go in.

In my experience, bartenders have a following (regulars, friends, etc). Some actually have fans (I know a couple of guys that get billing like "Artie bartending at R Bar tonight" in ads, they are like quasi-celebs).

They should let you in. Worst case scenario, they fire someone who gives away drinks to fellow workers and then no one would do it... No one would put their coworker in a position where they felt like they HAD to hook them up if they knew they'd be fired.

I've worked in my share of clubs/bars. NEVER heard of them not allowing you in on your night off. Some places limit how much you can drink, some places say you can only go to certain bars for drinks (to regulate it). Some give you half price to limit cost losses and encourage everything being rung up. But NEVER not being allowed to go in.

In my experience, bartenders have a following (regulars, friends, etc). Some actually have fans (I know a couple of guys that get billing like "Artie bartending at R Bar tonight" in ads, they are like quasi-celebs).

They should let you in. Worst case scenario, they fire someone who gives away drinks to fellow workers and then no one would do it... No one would put their coworker in a position where they felt like they HAD to hook them up if they knew they'd be fired.

well said!!!!!

Heres a solution......have all employees on thier nights off go there.....when they say "you can't come in you work here," say, "no I don't, I quit!!!! and would rather hang here then work here"

eventually they would get the point

Heres a solution......have all employees on thier nights off go there.....when they say "you can't come in you work here," say, "no I don't, I quit!!!! and would rather hang here then work here"

Great idea! And why don't we all start a petition and sign it and Velvetrope can bring it to management.

:type:

No offense Velvet... You don't want to work there.

A) It's not busy.

B) Management doesn't know what they are doing.

Get out ASAP. Go somewhere else more established. Club startups are rough and there are alot of growing pains....

For that you get the bounce-

:bounce:

definetly. they're investing alot of money into AC cause they want it to be a vegas, and not a senior citizens hang out, lol.

Also, if you dont care about 'not' partying at where you work - there's probably an easier way up the chain into management, if everyone else is leaving. [soemthing to think about - and once you're there, mnaybe you can change that rule]

yes i did think about that and with all the people that left already i do have a spot where i can be a supervisor in the kitchen and thats the only thing keepin me around right now but i did put in applications to HOB and a few places in the Trop. so i will see what happens. Nikki Beach needs to get there act together and there kitchens open so i can get my damn 60 hours a week, lol

Z

thanks for all the replys people!!!!

i was just thinkin today too, i work in the back of the house and no bartender or barback or even security even sees my face or knows who i am. even the front of the house managers so i can probally get away with going there one night for a few hours. i am goin to try this saturday night for an hour or two and see what they say.

Z

thanks for your time.

Z

Not being allowed in a public place while off duty sounds illegal.

thanks for your time.

Z

One weekend, have about 10(more if you can) of your friends/ family go in early before it gets too crowded. Make sure at least half of them are hot girls dressed to the hilt and the guys desireable well mannered patrons( i.e. not 10 drunk friends who just came from the go go bar)..... 10 minutes later you arrive and meet your friends and quickly leave right away with them. On the way out politely let management know that you are not there to hang out(and break the rules), you are just meeting your friends to go out for the night elsewhere because employees are not allowed to hang out there(and you understand that rule). Once again be very nice about it, and make sure you do this while it is slow so a large group of people leaving, after just arriving 10 mins earlier, makes an impact.

Speed is important, don't finish drinks, hit the bathroom, chitchat, etc. Nothing beats a mass exit for impact. Watch the look on the managers faces, they didnt learn that scenario in the county college hotel/rest management class. You said they are dead on the weekends anyway so this will really be funny.

Clubs that treat their employees right, always win in the long run. When people like where they work, they speak highly of it to others and encourage their friends to come. Clubs can buy all the radio and tv ads they want and print thousands of flyers but they can't buy word of mouth advertising which beats all of the above.

thats crazy...

Obviously there has to be some kind of system or limit on the amount of comps or discounts staff can recieve,etc. but i dont think i have ever heard of them banning them on off days. If a staff member comes with 5-10 ppl that doesnt mean they all drink free. They are losing alot of money, especially if the place is not doing well with regular patrons...

Then again, if i was making really good money i wouldnt care if i was allowed to go there i dont think. And if the place isnt doing well, might as well go somewhere else on off days...

One weekend, have about 10(more if you can) of your friends/ family go in early before it gets too crowded. Make sure at least half of them are hot girls dressed to the hilt and the guys desireable well mannered patrons( i.e. not 10 drunk friends who just came from the go go bar)..... 10 minutes later you arrive and meet your friends and quickly leave right away with them. On the way out politely let management know that you are not there to hang out(and break the rules), you are just meeting your friends to go out for the night elsewhere because employees are not allowed to hang out there(and you understand that rule). Once again be very nice about it, and make sure you do this while it is slow so a large group of people leaving, after just arriving 10 mins earlier, makes an impact.

Speed is important, don't finish drinks, hit the bathroom, chitchat, etc. Nothing beats a mass exit for impact. Watch the look on the managers faces, they didnt learn that scenario in the county college hotel/rest management class. You said they are dead on the weekends anyway so this will really be funny.

Clubs that treat their employees right, always win in the long run. When people like where they work, they speak highly of it to others and encourage their friends to come. Clubs can buy all the radio and tv ads they want and print thousands of flyers but they can't buy word of mouth advertising which beats all of the above.

i will be doin this the weekend of the 25th. all my friends are comin down for a birthday party and i have about 20 to 30 people comin down, our party is on the outside deck at tru sunday morning so saturday night i am goin to have like 15 people go there and then ill meet up with them at the front with the rest and we are all goin to leave. this should be good. cant wait to see what they have to say. ill let you know what happens.

Z