Clubplanet Nightlife Community

lets see em... morillo reviews 6/10

got there way too early.. 11:30 bc we wanted to make sure we got in with guestlist and no bs... bradley rose guestlist comes through again... fuck want tickets from now on im just going through him.. main room didnt open up til about 12ish.. didnt really fill up til 1ish... erick was on fire the whole night til i left around 5ish... i dont really remember much of the music because i went to happy hour and had 3 irish carbombs and a pitcher of killians... i remember the doobie brothers track, say hello and gehts noch... would've liked to stay later but friends wanted to leave and i didnt mind i had to be in work at 9... which i didnt make in time and got there half hour late sporting a nice hangover... great night though!!! he's spinning again july 1st.... cant fucking wait

Morillo needs to play new tracks. Set was almost the same as last time he was at Crobar. Also, getting on the mic every 30 min killed it for me. OK we get it Erick Morillo, ure gonna go all out tonite and play til late. His set was very :vomit2:

you know i really wanted to go see him last night, but i thought let me skip this one because i had a feeling he was gonna play his usually set.. and since i saw the last 3 times he was here (make no mistake the energy/vibe was insane) and the music was the same.. i figured i'd skip this one.. and i'm happy i did now...

although last night was a good night, again as im sure everyone agrees he def brings the energy to the venue (the mic shit he can cut back on, we get it dude) it def could have been a lot better. here comes the criticism. same or similar tracks, not gonna go much into that, it's about time to start rocking some new shit.

also last night i realized something that really annoys me about how he spins. he doesn't mix in tracks all too often, he would go into an effect, or start looping shit, or bring the music to a stop, let the crowd yell for a bit, and then cut in a brand new track. not a big fan of that. i hate any time the music stops, i think if he mixed more things together without going loop crazy it would make for a much smoother set.

no continuity to his set, it was banger, sleeper, banger, sleeper all night, meh. left at around 5, don't know if he picked it up from then on. the crowd was pretty good, funny at times. there was a circle of what seemed like all highschool kids shuffling up a storm, one kid was shuffling to fucking fast i thought he was gonna take off. hilarious, but everyone was having a good time, so it's all good.

threw down two tracks i absolutely went nuts for, played axwell's together, and the paperfaces remix of comfortably numb, hotness.

Morillo needs to play new tracks. Set was almost the same as last time he was at Crobar. Also, getting on the mic every 30 min killed it for me. OK we get it Erick Morillo, ure gonna go all out tonite and play til late. His set was very :vomit2:

oh no! does he now think he's DT or something? This bs of getting on the mic is so lame... if I wanted to hear a dj announcing stuff, I'd listen to the radio... keep that out of the clubs...

kind of tacky to start imitating DT ...and as for mixing the same tracks - lame!

the first 4 hours were sickkkkkkk......after that he would drop and banger and then a weak track......erick was on and off all night..........im very disappointed in him, hes not the same anymore.........this was def. the worst morillo party ive ever experienced.......he definitely sold-out to the mainstream shit. the only props ill give him is that he's insane with dropping accapellas over beats , his mixing needs improvement.....................

oh and bout that being like DT comment......he got on the mic last night and said " i know im getting on the mic alot for u ppl in NYC , sorry DANNY " hahahahahaa

It was my first time at Crobar, last night, and I have one question. Is that how the system always sounds? It was horrible. There were more than a few times that the system just couldn't handle the low end, and it started distorting. Besides that it just sounded muffled. I don't know if it was because he was on the stage, or what, but if that's how that place always sounds, its a joke.

It was my first time at Crobar, last night, and I have one question. Is that how the system always sounds? It was horrible. There were more than a few times that the system just couldn't handle the low end, and it started distorting. Besides that it just sounded muffled. I don't know if it was because he was on the stage, or what, but if that's how that place always sounds, its a joke.

crobars sound system is insane............ill agree with u , i never heard it sound that horrible b4 until last night........that was the first time ever , from a phazon that my ears were ringing all day long. everytime morillo has been at crobar b4 the system was sickkkkkkkk

crobars sound system is insane............ill agree with u , i never heard it sound that horrible b4 until last night........that was the first time ever , from a phazon that my ears were ringing all day long. everytime morillo has been at crobar b4 the system was sickkkkkkkk

i didnt notice how bad the system was friday night but i guess that's what too many irish carbombs does... it's weird bc for last week @ tiesto the system was the best i've heard... lots of bass

I saw him for the Puffy night at Crobar over the winter, I thought it was good and I saw him last time at Spirit, which I was not impressed with. Skipped this time around because I'm going to see him at CPI for 4th of July weekend.

also last night i realized something that really annoys me about how he spins. he doesn't mix in tracks all too often, he would go into an effect, or start looping shit, or bring the music to a stop, let the crowd yell for a bit, and then cut in a brand new track. not a big fan of that. i hate any time the music stops, i think if he mixed more things together without going loop crazy it would make for a much smoother set.

I know what you mean. James Zabiela is the same way, basically just creating cool effects, fading the song out, and then just slamming a new song in.

great set, tons of energy & what crowd enthusiasm!

did you see erick, rob, gilbert etc inviting people from the audience up to dance?

that was an amazing vibe & I hope all the 'i hate crobar' people were there to see the vibe energy & music!

more songs incL:

dd say hello

disco inferno new mix

soultrain theme

even though it was shoulder to shoulder as all morillo's ny sets are now, it was actually a better looking crowd than I expected.

morillo is doing so well now, yes he doesnt play the subliminal house style as much now as a broader world-disco but it works & he is so in command.

rating: ****1/4 of five stars