Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hernan Cattaneo/Jason Jollins @ Crobar, Fri 7/15

Friday, July 15

Main Room: Hernan Cattaneo w/ special guest Jason Jollins

Reed Room: DJ Virtue

Prop Room: DJ Chip Chop, Neon Music

Straight from crobar's new South American homebase, Buenos Aries, Hernan Cattaneo returns to crobar NY!

Hernan Cattaneo is part of the new generation of big name DJs on the trance and progressive circuit. He tours with Paul Oakenfold, warms up for Sasha and Digweed, and is now a name in his own right. In addition to a popular residency at Pacha in Argentina, he's signed to Perfecto Records and has recently released a 2-CD mix compilation on the Renaissance Masters Series /I] that has the critics gushing praise. The juggernaut express that is Cattaneo shows no sign of slowing down! Hernan Cattaneo welcomes Jason Jollins as his opener.

DJ Virtue mixes it up with rock n' roll, hip-hop, and house in the Reed Room. In the prop Room, the new, hip PLAY party is where fashion collides with music and the denizens of New York City nightlife frolic. PLAY resident DJ Chip Chop spins house and classics along with a special live performance by Neon Music.

$20 advance / $30 door

http://www.wantickets.com/Function/event/eventdetail.asp?e_id=13469&ref=cp

• 3 weeks later...

Hernan Cattaneo Is Such A Sick Ass Dj!!!! Dont Miss This Event Fo Sure!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Crobar closes....come check out Odyssey Afterhours

ODYSSEY AFTERHOURS

THE HOTTEST SATURDAY MORNING PARTY

TRIBAL HOUSE by DJ MIKE NEGRON

REMOTE 327 Bowery (btwn 2nd & 3rd st)

Doors open Sat Morning 5am -till NOON!!!

Went to Crobar, this guy is the worst DJ I have ever heard. Place was dead and filled with ugly people. Anybody who says this guy kicks ass needs to hear a real DJ.

Peace

I think the complete opposite. One of the best dj's around and one of the best crowds I've seen at Crobar. Jason played a great opening set and Hernan continued to rock the floor. Everybody that was there looked like they were having a great time. :D

got inside about 3 30am just me and a friend...it was the first time i catch hernan.. i decided to go after hearing very good things about him..alth ough his music was very good, i wasnt feelin the crowd..there was like 1 girl to every 15 guys, and it was like a f'n glow stick show all night.what the hell?..not enuff pppl dancin, but rather just standing there and screamin at the dj...shoulda saved my time for deep dish tonite...

I think the complete opposite. One of the best dj's around and one of the best crowds I've seen at Crobar. Jason played a great opening set and Hernan continued to rock the floor. Everybody that was there looked like they were having a great time. :D

i agree, guy was on. everyone was dancin. great people. we had a blast. also hernan was all smiles which is very unusual for him. usually all business. shows what a great time had by all. :rock:

the crowd was excellent! babes n mostly polite guys!

hernan has been much better- why he decided to go tech-trance on us, i dunno but at least there were a few of his legendary spaceage world trancers like 4 am?

anyway i was there from 12-6 and had a blast! i was still gyrating when jollingtook back the decks at 6 am.

reesspect. more later....great night at crobe even if hernan was slightly off....

Best crowd you've ever seen at Crobar? Was that your first time there? Go to Crobar when Morillo or Boris is there. You'll see the difference. This guy Herman is minor leagues and has no business headlining a place like Crobar. He belongs in a lounge or somebody's basement. I'm not being an ass* the guy just sucks. No energy, boring beats, doesn't draw a crowd, looks like an ass* with that outdated hairstyle, need I go on?

Best crowd you've ever seen at Crobar? Was that your first time there? Go to Crobar when Morillo or Boris is there. You'll see the difference. This guy Herman is minor leagues and has no business headlining a place like Crobar. He belongs in a lounge or somebody's basement. I'm not being an ass* the guy just sucks. No energy, boring beats, doesn't draw a crowd, looks like an ass* with that outdated hairstyle, need I go on?

Hernan was better than the last time he was there, and there was tons of energy. the argentinians were out in full force again which was fun to see, and hernan was droppin some sick beats. he def belongs at crobar, and the argentinian flag behind him and the white/blue streamers were a nice touch to the atmosphere. line control is getting worse outside though. they used to be nicer and the line used to move quicker. now it's slow and all the bouncers are nasty.

morillo's energy is out of hand but you know he draws too many guidos.

ive been at crobar many many times & that WAS an EXCELLENT crowd at hernan!! bopping til 6 am + still 500+ strong!!

hernan was genius at centrofly in spring 04 & i loved his crobar set...late winter? i thought he played too experiemntal last night, relatively few melodies. BUT he did play big room BOOMBOOM which kept us dancing for 4+ hours straight so reeespeccct.

jollins is the real deal. technical skills beyone hernan's. his opening lite-trance set was actually BETTER than hernan's set!! it was melodic & fluffy like the ;old'hernan. even tho jollins was holding back it was still melodic ride on time with some house to bring it up.

only caught 20 mins of jollins at close but his tech/ tech-house was ALSO better than hernans techier trance!!

make no mistake it was a great night at crobar many many hotties & for once POLITE dudes 24/7!

disagree about the staff if they know you they love you. ive bewen going since crobar opening so im family by now.

tempted to go back for sander/fanciulli but maybe waiting fior DT....

Hernan is rank # 6 dj in the world and is a guy that any place he goes he is going to have people following him , you can not compare him with a local dj like Boris that only plays in the 3 state area .

Hernan is at Space Miami tonight and next week he is in Ibiza while Boris is in the Surf club New Jersey.\

How can you say that Hernan is minor leagues , you heve no idea what you are talking about .........

:peeright:

DUDE SEARIOUSLY U DONT KNOW SHIT GET THE FUCK OUT !

DUDE SEARIOUSLY U DONT KNOW SHIT GET THE FUCK OUT !

You guys are all on this guy Herman's cock so I won't say no more. Just to clarify, I didn't say Boris was better than anybody , I was commenting on the CROWD. I don't give a shit what rank this guy is, if he can't pack it in like a "local" DJ who plays Surf Club, that don't say much for me.

Don't worry, I ain't postin on here no more. Obviously people are too sensitive.

'hard body' [!] at his best hernan is one of the best djs alive. even though he didnt play that great friday he still kept us dancing from 2-6.

crobar bouncers- 1 or 2 near the entrance to the prop room were surprisiongly rude friday but that is an exception in my going there for 2 years.

usually ist tghe best big club staff in nyc.

And its SUCCESSFUL not like those shiitholes avalon exit & spirit.

You guys are all on this guy Herman's cock so I won't say no more. Just to clarify, I didn't say Boris was better than anybody , I was commenting on the CROWD. I don't give a shit what rank this guy is, if he can't pack it in like a "local" DJ who plays Surf Club, that don't say much for me.

Don't worry, I ain't postin on here no more. Obviously people are too sensitive.

Just to clarify you did say that Cattaneo was "minor leagues" , you may not like his music that's perfect but

Hernan has played with the most recornise djs in the world (Oakenfold,Howells,Morillo you name it) plus he recorded his 2 Renaissense cd this year (very few djs in the world had the plesure of working with that record label)

If the place is pack when Boris is playing is because he plays every 15 days at Crobar plus he alsow plays every week around the city and the place is full of prostitutes and drug addicts ( I do like Boris though) .

If you ain't posting no more is not because people are too sensitive the real reason is that you don't know a thing !!!!!

The whole night was just sick. Jollins, never disappoints, any of the other times that I have seen him and his sett just sounded sooo CRAZY on crobar's sound system. Hernan was really good too. I had never seen him before, so that was a first for me and like many people had told me. Hernan did not disappoint. The bouncers were being dicks that night. Every other night i had been there, they were really cool, but for some reason, they were all pissed off that night. Oh well, the music was bad ass, so thats all I care about!! :bounce:

what a fucking rookie :laugh: :laugh: