Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Help! I'm going to london and I need.......

joeysotu

It’s been a while for me but I think most of the larger clubs are still located in the vicinity of Leicester Square. You can take the tube (Piccadilly Line) and get off at Leicester Square. These days, you might find some trendy little lounges in Nottinghill (around the Portobello Market) but I’m not sure. I think that’s where Ben Watt & Jay Hannan’s Lazy Dog parties took place. You definitely have to check out Soho and Covent Garden as well as James, Regents and Hyde parks and the Buckingham Palace and of course the Tower of London, Knightsbridge and Sloane Square, Bond & Regent Streets, Queen’s Park in Kensington (I think) and Trafalgar Square. If you have time to venture further from the center of the city, check out Kew Gardens (close to Richmond). And I believe that London has undertaken a massive urban development program of its East End (the Docklands) and with the extension of the Jubilee Line and connection to the East Docklands Light Railway, it’s very accessible. One thing you will never have to worry about in London, is getting around using public transportation. :D

I need some advice of where to go in London! Has anyone been there? I want to go to some cool underground lounges and then hit the clubs. I will be there Aug. 4th thru the 18th.

have a ball joey. ive been but when i went i still wasn't into the scene yet, wish i can go now though!!!

I need some advice of where to go in London! Has anyone been there? I want to go to some cool underground lounges and then hit the clubs. I will be there Aug. 4th thru the 18th.

As far as clubs are concerned, you'll def need to hit up Fabric.. voted best club in the world by all it's peers and features guest DJ's almost every week... but dont be too concerned about that.. Residents include Craig Richards, Andrew Weatherall, Ali B, and Terry Francis :drool:

Second place you'll need to hit up is The End.. well, this is Mr. C's famed London club.. and in that respect, is pretty much all you'll need to know.. anyone who's followed his career from being the front man of The Shamen to one of the don's of tech house know wassup with this kat.. Guest DJ's play there regularly but you wont need to worry about that either, Residents include Mr. C, Layo Paskin and DJ Sneak. :eek:

Third place you'll need to hit up is Turnmills.. which is one of the longest lasting clubs in London to date (I think?) ... they'll be booking solid guests but make sure you hit up Justin Robertson's night there as there be solid music!

Fourth place you'll need to hit up is Neighbourhood (sp?) and it was built out of the old Subterraina spot! def check this place out and oh yeah, did I forget to mention that the resident DJ is Arthur Baker?

thats all I cant think off the top of my head, will post more when I can think straight

and viceversa! :party:

don't forget to have dinner at OXO, all glass walls with metal round frames, overlooking the Thames river and probably one the best views of St Paul's Cathedral...

Oxo%20Tower.JPG

just walking around London is a treat, have a great trip...oh, and...

gap.jpg

Funk! :cool:

have a ball joey. ive been but when i went i still wasn't into the scene yet, wish i can go now though!!!

awe.. :( well, you're gonna have to go back! being a clubber, it's a natural progression. That & Ibiza, which I hope to see one day...

I could live in London, I really could.... the UK is a music lover's Utopia, IMO...

speaking of the UK, did you guys know some satellite radio company is in negotiations to carry BBC Radio One? sweeet!

awe.. :( well, you're gonna have to go back! being a clubber, it's a natural progression. That & Ibiza, which I hope to see one day...

I could live in London, I really could.... the UK is a music lover's Utopia, IMO...

speaking of the UK, did you guys know some satellite radio company is in negotiations to carry BBC Radio One? sweeet!

Coolisimo. :)

Fabric fabric fabric!!!! "The Cross" has nice lineups too. Visit Notting Hill in the afternoon for some nice pubs and cafes. Portobello road in NOtting Hill is nice also. Go to Fabric on Sat. night and enter the mainroom early around 11ish and experience Craig Richards opening up any of the worlds best djs.(you won't regret it)