Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paul van Dyk @ Central Park, Sat 8/20

centralpark-0820-f.jpg

Saturday, August 20th, 2005

Gates open at 4pm. Rain or shine.

Paul van Dyk in Central Park has become the biggest event of the summer each year in New York City. This year, Paul celebrates the release of his new album, The Politics of Dancing 2 with a Saturday night performance under the stars.

Rumsey Playfield

Central Park

Mid-park @ 69th Street

Click here for $40 advance tickets.

http://www.wantickets.com/Function/event/eventdetail.asp?e_id=13221&ref=cp

hope he doesnt half ass the show. its a 3..4 hour flight to miami. not lookin too hot being double booked on a night on different sides of the country.

different sides of the country????? didn't it say Space in Miami???? last time I checked Miami was just down south .... ....

i really dont understand how it's possible for him to play in space that night too...unless the nyc show ends at like 9 and he flies down right away and plays at like 2 there...??????

fligth probably leaves at 11 or so.... so he'll be in and out... and then he closes the night in Miami... why not????

Personaly I think it sux, cause I was lookink forward to a replay of last year.... but now i don't know if I wanna spend double for Saturday.....but then again it's PvD and Central Park.... more space to move around..... hopefully it rains again and half of useless peeps stay away..

I've never been to an event like this in Central Park...can someone clue me in?

Drinking? setting?

Not to be missed. Come feel the experience. 2 years ago it was a great show. Then, last year in the rain was just ridic. And the afterparty was even more insane!!! I been waiting to have Paul back since Crobar when he tore it up as always. Let it be known, No-One drops it in NYC like PVD, NO-ONE!!

And just so u know, Miami is only a 1&1/2 hour flight so if he is planning on closing out space that nite it is def do-able. I would much rather have daddy stay in NYC for an afterparty somewhere (Ahem:Spirit:Ahem) so let us hope for some shit weather after 10pm so that there is too much turbulance to take a flight. Then you know he would be at Spirit for the night and whoever they have scheduled to play before hand would be getting the nudge without a doubt. Lets all wish for the best.

I've never been to an event like this in Central Park...can someone clue me in?

Drinking? setting?

To answer your question tho, Drinking Yes, a few stations set up on each side for beer. I think it was sponsered by Hieneken last year but im not positive cuz I was a mess. The Setting, should be enough room to dance, we will find out., PVD brings out all these kats from teh woodwork. Its def gonna be nuts.

1 - 1.5 hr flight?? What on the concord??? Minimum its a 2:45 min flight. Its about 45 min to Boston and that's only 4 driving hrs away.

Flew down to miami for the conference and everythign was on schedule, it took an hour and half to get there. It really isnt a long flight at all.

Not to be missed. Come feel the experience. 2 years ago it was a great show. Then, last year in the rain was just ridic. And the afterparty was even more insane!!! I been waiting to have Paul back since Crobar when he tore it up as always. Let it be known, No-One drops it in NYC like PVD, NO-ONE!!

And just so u know, Miami is only a 1&1/2 hour flight so if he is planning on closing out space that nite it is def do-able. I would much rather have daddy stay in NYC for an afterparty somewhere (Ahem:Spirit:Ahem) so let us hope for some shit weather after 10pm so that there is too much turbulance to take a flight. Then you know he would be at Spirit for the night and whoever they have scheduled to play before hand would be getting the nudge without a doubt. Lets all wish for the best.

U def. on da money wit PVD droppin it in NYC. He a killa he know how to do it,for yrs.

I think he doing Space da nite before,but@ a late time whch makes it on da same date as Central Park.No?

If u look@ his website Space is first,then CentralPark

Lets hope so,cause afterParty here we come:pint:

http://www.paulvandyk.com/low/gigs.asp

Flew down to miami for the conference and everythign was on schedule, it took an hour and half to get there. It really isnt a long flight at all.

Name the airline and I'll forever use that airline. 1.5 hours? Bullshit. I flew back and forth from miami every weekend for 10 months. 2.5 hours is the fastest. Get off the drugs my man.

U def. on da money wit PVD droppin it in NYC. He a killa he know how to do it,for yrs.

I think he doing Space da nite before,but@ a late time whch makes it on da same date as Central Park.No?

If u look@ his website Space is first,then CentralPark

Lets hope so,cause afterParty here we come:pint:

http://www.paulvandyk.com/low/gigs.asp

Yo I think your right lol. I didnt look at the site before. Lets keep the fingers crossed for a killer afterparty at any venue!!

And Soj, i may be on point with that time and i may not. all i know is that it was back in '04 and that i could have swore that it was 1.5 hours each way, if its not oh well.......... SkyHigh Airlines at its Finest!!! :biggrin:

guys.......I hate to burst your bubbles but.....

PvD is booked for Saturday August 20th @ Space Miami... and he's definately NOT going to be there befor business hrs.....which are normaly between 10pm and 3,4,5...AM... regardles of the date change. There will be 2 other headliners, so I assume he'll close the night. Which will give him plenty of time to get there from NYC . Now unless there'll be a major hurricane coming up that same day and they cancel all the inbound flights, I'm pretty sure there WILL NOT BE an afterhours in NYC.

Sorry kiddos.......

guys.......I hate to burst your bubbles but.....

PvD is booked for Saturday August 20th @ Space Miami... and he's definately NOT going to be there befor business hrs.....which are normaly between 10pm and 3,4,5...AM... regardles of the date change. There will be 2 other headliners, so I assume he'll close the night. Which will give him plenty of time to get there from NYC . Now unless there'll be a major hurricane coming up that same day and they cancel all the inbound flights, I'm pretty sure there WILL NOT BE an afterhours in NYC.

Sorry kiddos.......

thanks for bursting my bubble

i might just go to miami then

:)