Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I Miss Centro-fly

<tear>

The roger S days there, DESTROYS the crobar Roger S.

I went to crobar to see roger S a few months back. I WAS PUMPEDD to relive the old CF vibe, But I seriously found it horrible. the crowd was dull ..boring as ass.

[ Funny though, EVERYONEE was saying how he ripped it sick and the party was insane. But nobody was moving.The dance floor was filled with people stanidng and staring-sipping their drinks.]

Seriously, i dont care about venues.

parties are parties. but centro fly really captured something. Just thinking about it makes me sad. It used to be the ONE place i ALWAYS had the energy to go to. Whether i wanted to bug out, or just kick back with some freinds.

Also, WHILE SF,EXIT,ETC were UBER popular (99-2002?) with the newbies, Centro was the one place that played TOP-TOP TOP TOP quality music.

it went downhill in 2003-2004 when they booked people like boris and had those SF style parties.

(i used to love seeing people with glow sticks RUNNING for the coat check @ 1am, all pissed off because the music "wasnt hard enough") It was the one place that pleased everyone (except those dorks). You would even catch some 40-50 year olds celebrating their bday in the back table/vip room. EVERYONE got along. there was no "type" of person that went there.

i hear you guys..

even before i ran the thursday parties there I was there every single thursday for Subliminal for like 2 years...

def one of the best clubs ever in NYC

the talent we and the other promoters brought in, the vibe, the staff, the sound/decor...nothing has come close since they closed(or actually since right before the horrible renovations)

i miss centro too :(

i hear you guys..

even before i ran the thursday parties there I was there every single thursday for Subliminal for like 2 years...

def one of the best clubs ever in NYC

the talent we and the other promoters brought in, the vibe, the staff, the sound/decor...nothing has come close since they closed(or actually since right before the horrible renovations)

i miss centro too :(

place was all about perfect balance.

I commiserate with all of you.

It was one of the last bastions of great music, nice atmosphere, cool looking club that there was.

I went to the last show (funeral) with Fatboy slim. I still have the poster in my room.

Centro will always have a place in my heart :heart:

Place got VERY VERY strange towards the end......kind of like how an old person goes senile right before the end.

the renovations, the crowd, the music.....i had no idea what their logic was with all that.....

and then the shithole duvet that they replaced it with exemplifies everything i hate about NYC and it's scene

Carl COx

CIMG0313-vi.jpg

crowd at cox

CIMG0339-vi.jpg

and I got about 1000 more pics I took there...lol

R.I.P. Centro

**oh and yes AL....we got the first Allen and Heath v6 rotary in North America.

the things u do to book John Digweed

hahahhaah

also, i remember being in europe a couple of years ago.. (3-4?) and i saw the video if ROGER S. "another chance". I shit my pants when i saw the club that they filmed in the video was CF.

good lord, you people have no idea how much this sucks the more I think about it.

The only place worth going to..

The only place ALWAYS gauranteed to have th best crowd,music,etc

makes me wonder..

whose fucking idea was it to close that place?

whose fucking idea was it to make it an afterhours crack fest with draper and boris?....those people should be shot in the knee caps.

also, i remember being in europe a couple of years ago.. (3-4?) and i saw the video if ROGER S. "another chance". I shit my pants when i saw the club that they filmed in the video was CF.

good lord, you people have no idea how much this sucks the more I think about it.

The only place worth going to..

The only place ALWAYS gauranteed to have th best crowd,music,etc

makes me wonder..

whose fucking idea was it to close that place?

whose fucking idea was it to make it an afterhours crack fest with draper and boris?....those people should be shot in the knee caps.

I dont know what your talking about with the afterhours thing...its Duvet now. A trendy tyoe spot modeled after BED...

it closed cause Tom and Dave the owners were losing money and whats the point of keeping a place open if u are losing money every week?

it sucks...but they had to do it.

Havent heard from Dave in a while...but Tom is opening a club up on the other side of the world.

:(

Best club in NYC. Had a mix of class-talent-layback dresscode-staff-and crowd.

i havent enjoyed going out as much since

very very depressing. :unhappy:

I have to admit, Centro-Fly was by far the best club in NY. I miss that place so much, the vibe, the atmosphere, so unexplainable, but, it seemed to be just "right".

I think about it to this day, all I can say is that I am glad I had a chance to experience it. I had some awesome times there...

The crowd was so laid back and chill, and such a great mix, no attitudes or BS, just good times and good music..

Such a shame, and even after they renovated it, was not the same..

I curse whoever brought this club to the ground!

Best club eva!!!!

RIP Centro Fly!

You will never be forgotten!

While I was more of a Vinyl / Arc person, I had some great times at Centro... As a matter of fact, once I found out that Arc was closing, I was looking forward to being able to check out more Centro parties... It was pretty sad when Centro closed almost at the exact same time... Diggers on a Wednesday night in March of '03 was unforgetable... Also the two week stretch that gave us Cox & Digweed on back to back Thursdays (with Diggers in the Hamptons the very next day) could very well be the best 2 weeks of parties I've ever had the pleasure to experience. I honestly believe that mid sized clubs like Arc & Centro are what is sorely missing in our nightlife today... Small enough to give you an intimate setting, yet big enough to give you that true club feel that places like Cielo & Sully just can't provide... (Even though they are great spots in their own right....)

I remember (albeit both times were after the renovations) that I heard Layo and Bushwacka! throw down one of the best sets I ever heard. They came around again and both guys were drunk off their asses and couldn't play a record if their life depended on it (one of the worst sets in the history of clubs).

I think the owners of the club were trying to make it a little too much like Vinyl with the renovations. The place really lost its luster.

All turned to shit around that whole time with the closing of Twilo, then Vinyl, then Arc, then Centro (and more underground places too).

It's like everything, there's ups and downs; just be happy you experienced a high.

Things will get better. It's true that Crobar doesn't cut it for me (way too B&T with cocktails) ; Spirit was getting there but now they've been bought by Space so who knows.