Clubplanet Nightlife Community

did picotto destroy crobar last night????

Absolutely incredible. I can't do justice w/ the track listing. SOme people were disappointed as he didn't drop but teased classics for a short bit, such as "Komodo", "Iguana", "Proximus" and "Pulsar". Truthfully it didn't matter, as he experimented w/ new shit which was just as great. Only track I had a problem w/ was the remix of "Take Me to Funkytown", which is almost as overplayed as "Dirty Filthy". He's an incredible and friendly guy to boot as well.

eh was expecting much harder. Lot of it was average techno, he really doesnt play as hard as he used too..Best set i heard from him was last year Columbus Day Wknd at Space in Miami.

Still a bangin set just was expecting more.

I thought he was great, played some really good shit, sounded like a war with gun shots and bombs, more emphasis on treble than bass. He did play "M.a.u.r.o.p.i.c.o.t.t.o.DJ" a big trance hit. Sonme trance some more hard house. Diverse crowd, picotto was really into it and he showed it. He was working the crowd playing some really good stuff. He acted and played like a professional DJ, which is positive. I really liked it and im an old house/trance guy. ive seen complaints about him in thE USA, he plays more like a European festival DJ, than a club DJ like JP or Teneglia. The only complaint people should have is that he does not adjust to the setting, but i like that he plays like its the love parade or Ibiza :)

He was def into the music and he showed it (throwing his hands in the air).... he played a lot of hard house the crowd was diverse as someone said earlier.... place wasnt that packed but still a filled room you were able to move around comfortably for the most part... cant name any track listings but the set was def a good one with a great light show too.... he threw down some high energy tracks rarely any vocals left about 6:00 crowd thinned out and went over to Spirit for DT for a lil while

Absolutely incredible. I can't do justice w/ the track listing. SOme people were disappointed as he didn't drop but teased classics for a short bit, such as "Komodo", "Iguana", "Proximus" and "Pulsar". Truthfully it didn't matter, as he experimented w/ new shit which was just as great. Only track I had a problem w/ was the remix of "Take Me to Funkytown", which is almost as overplayed as "Dirty Filthy". He's an incredible and friendly guy to boot as well.

:aright: Sounded like a great time :D

since when does picotto spin trance and house?

if he did play that, maybe crobar should stick to bringing in real house dj's like calderone, boris, and klinenberg

btw, how does it feel to see the same dj that does avalon for 25 do crobar for 40?

anyway, saw him tonight in la, and i guess he's back to doing techno, which he does best

:pint:

if he did play that, maybe crobar should stick to bringing in real house dj's like calderone, boris, and klinenberg

btw, how does it feel to see the same dj that does avalon for 25 do crobar for 40?

anyway, saw him tonight in la, and i guess he's back to doing techno, which he does best

Better crowd and better set @ Crobar.

i have to give him props for fusing all different types of music in to his set. I do though really hate it when the DJ gets carried away with mixing it up and you go there expecting to hear what they are known for!!

i was hoping for once that crobar had a real dope techno DJ to come tear it up. I wonder, i mean techno has never been a "trendy" genre of music ... does crobar ask the DJ to change up his style a bit cause of their crowd?

Better crowd and better set @ Crobar.

better crowd that's a matter of opinion, and not worth discusisng, but saying that he spun a better set just because he played at crobar?

why would he try harder when knowing that place is filled with people that had no idea of who he is?

:type:

better crowd that's a matter of opinion, and not worth discusisng, but saying that he spun a better set just because he played at crobar?

why would he try harder when knowing that place is filled with people that had no idea of who he is?

:type:

Are you a promoter at Avalon? I heard him play at Avalon and at Crobar? And he had a better set at Crobar. I am not biased - I'm telling you my opinion.

Why do you hate on Crobar so much? BTW, a good majority knew who he was. Tanti amici italiani di Mauro sono venuti per Picotto. Sono partiti di Milano per questo giorno!

There were a ton of paesans who came to represent.

lol since 1997-present listen to his first essential mix in the beginning of 2000 barely any tech at all...picottto was spinnin primarily hard str8 up tech from like 01-03 now he went back to his roots

lol since 1997-present listen to his first essential mix in the beginning of 2000 barely any tech at all...picottto was spinnin primarily hard str8 up tech from like 01-03 now he went back to his roots

really, i saw him on sat, and guess what

he played techno

as for the other part, i don't hate crobar, i just don't think that highly of it, and no, i don't promote for avalon

:)

really, i saw him on sat, and guess what

he played techno

as for the other part, i don't hate crobar, i just don't think that highly of it, and no, i don't promote for avalon

:)

stomps...dont listen to these fools, he was better at avalon....