Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: Nocturnal-fire Front Door Staff!!!!

sgtfury

It seems to me that this is generally a Miami thing. I don't think its something thats particular at noctournal. I can tell you for the most part that saturday nights they are pretty chill. I don't go often on fridays but when I have, its been pretty packed. I think phillippio's right, it usually helps to be on some sort of guestlist, or you can always take a bunch of chicks, that seems to work. You pretty much see this at any club you go to. Any door staff has the right to be particular and will not think twice tol give people hassle about lots of things. You usually see this at the bigger clubs, and its been my observation that it is especially with the male/female ratio thing. Domingo said it best "Hey, if the ratios good... does it really matter if you wait another 5 min?"

I went to go check out a certain overseas DJ with an obsession for candy bars last night, at a club that will remain nameless. I knew it was going to be trouble already because I had friends outside calling every possible number of everyone that they knew who could be connected to this event to be let in. Evidently, they were having door problems with the guestlist The funny part is, they dropped off the DJ, and went to go park the car. When they came back to go inside the got the old "We don't have a guestlist/the guestlist is closed." So after assessing the situation I decided to put my door skills to the test. Door staff kept ping ponging me arround. First, the cashier girl was like, "Oh. I don't have the guestlist. Talk to him." By saying "him" she meant the ticket taker guy, who was dressed snappily. Rocking that whole JC Penny top of the line look. Anywho, after he spent 20 or so seconds trying to look behind me as I was talking to him. I convinced him to look at me and explained that I was on the DJ's guestlist. It was imperative that I run in briefly and deliver a cd. He explained that the guestlist was not his job, and he didn't know who had it, or what a guestlist was. I'm thinking "but your the ticket taker guy? Surely you must have authority here in the totem pole that is the structure of this great place. Who then should I speak to who could possibly be higher than you? Who here can quench my thirst for knowledge about the inner workings of this new and exciting guestlist thing I hear about so often? So, after looking arround some more, he pointed me over to the nearest large important looking black man. This was no ordinary black man. This was a black man who was cool and carried arround a nifty cell phone with the guest list (I was seriously impressed by that I might add. It was efficient.) Anywho, he gave ticket guy a thumbs up after checking my ID and he let me pass. I was there for 10 min, then bam, I broke out. Everyone in Miami has a million of these stories. Especially, single music loving message board guys like myself. Why do you think we get on here in the first place? Its so we can get connected and not have to deal with shit like this. Anywho, sorry to hear you had a bad experiance : \

Tremendous. :hat:

I CHECKED OUT A NEW CLUB...HAD A NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE...POSTED IT ON CLUBPLANET...

SORRY IT OFFENDED SOME PEOPLE. SORRY MY POST WASNT ALL ABOUT HOW IT WAS THE BEST PARTY EVER !

ONCE AGAIN THE POINT IS COMPLETELY LOST.

MY POINT WAS THE FUCKED UP ARROGANT ATTITUDE THAT I RECIEVED. THE POINT WAS NOT THE MONEY. AND MY POINT CERTAINLY WAS NOT THAT MY BUDDY IS IN THE NFL.

JUST A THOUGHT...IS IT POSSIBLE THAT MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE SOME SORT OF PROBLEM FROM A DOOR PERSON...THAT MAYBE IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE ELSE DID?????

JESUS CHRIST, I REMEMBER WHEN SPACE HAD THAT FRENCH FAGGOT STEPHAN WORKING THE DOOR AND 90 PERCENT OF THE BOARD COMPLAINED ABOUT HIM, BUT THERE WAS THIS ODD 10 PERCENT THAT WOULD ALWAYS SAY.."I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH HIM"....

(INCIDENTLY, aj2234...SORRY YOU HAVE TWO PROBLEMS WITH MY STORY...WHAT IS IT THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO PROVE...THAT I'M MAKING THIS SHIT UP??...I OWN A FUCKING COMPANY AND I WOULD LOVE TO BELIEVE THAT ITS PERFECT, THAT EVERYONE IS ALWAYS HAPPY AND THERE ARE NEVER ANY PROBLEMS....BUT I KNOW IT ISNT- AND INSTEAD OF TRYING TO SHIT ON SOMEONE WHEN THEY BRING UP A COMPLAINT-IVE GOT A IDEA!!!!...WHY NOT ACTUALLY TRY TO ADRESS THE PROBLEM??>>>)

YOU KNOW- IVE BEEN ON THIS BOARD FOR A FEW YEARS...IT USED TO BE A PRETTY COOL PLACE WHERE PEOPLE COULD VOICE ISSUES BOTH GOOD AND BAD....

NOW YOUR VIEW ONLY COUNTS IF YOU KISS ASS.

I DONT MAKE MY LIVING IN THE MIAMI CLUB SCENE.

I COULD GIVE A SHIT IF IM ON A LIST OR GET TO STAND IN THE BOOTH OR HAVE A WRIST BAND.

I JUST THINK IF YOU GO AND SPEND HARD EARNED MONEY THAT MAYBE YOU COULD BE TREATED DECENTLY.

AFTER A WHILE, EVEN A SHIT SANDWHICH TASTES GOOD. :bigfinge:

It seems to me that this is generally a Miami thing. I don't think its something thats particular at noctournal. I can tell you for the most part that saturday nights they are pretty chill. I don't go often on fridays but when I have, its been pretty packed. I think phillippio's right, it usually helps to be on some sort of guestlist, or you can always take a bunch of chicks, that seems to work. You pretty much see this at any club you go to. Any door staff has the right to be particular and will not think twice tol give people hassle about lots of things. You usually see this at the bigger clubs, and its been my observation that it is especially with the male/female ratio thing. Domingo said it best "Hey, if the ratios good... does it really matter if you wait another 5 min?"

I went to go check out a certain overseas DJ with an obsession for candy bars last night, at a club that will remain nameless. I knew it was going to be trouble already because I had friends outside calling every possible number of everyone that they knew who could be connected to this event to be let in. Evidently, they were having door problems with the guestlist The funny part is, they dropped off the DJ, and went to go park the car. When they came back to go inside the got the old "We don't have a guestlist/the guestlist is closed." So after assessing the situation I decided to put my door skills to the test. Door staff kept ping ponging me arround. First, the cashier girl was like, "Oh. I don't have the guestlist. Talk to him." By saying "him" she meant the ticket taker guy, who was dressed snappily. Rocking that whole JC Penny top of the line look. Anywho, after he spent 20 or so seconds trying to look behind me as I was talking to him. I convinced him to look at me and explained that I was on the DJ's guestlist. It was imperative that I run in briefly and deliver a cd. He explained that the guestlist was not his job, and he didn't know who had it, or what a guestlist was. I'm thinking "but your the ticket taker guy? Surely you must have authority here in the totem pole that is the structure of this great place. Who then should I speak to who could possibly be higher than you? Who here can quench my thirst for knowledge about the inner workings of this new and exciting guestlist thing I hear about so often? So, after looking arround some more, he pointed me over to the nearest large important looking black man. This was no ordinary black man. This was a black man who was cool and carried arround a nifty cell phone with the guest list (I was seriously impressed by that I might add. It was efficient.) Anywho, he gave ticket guy a thumbs up after checking my ID and he let me pass. I was there for 10 min, then bam, I broke out. Everyone in Miami has a million of these stories. Especially, single music loving message board guys like myself. Why do you think we get on here in the first place? Its so we can get connected and not have to deal with shit like this. Anywho, sorry to hear you had a bad experiance : \

lolol....:beer:

...NOW YOUR VIEW ONLY COUNTS IF YOU KISS ASS.

I COULD GIVE A SHIT IF IM ON A LIST OR GET TO STAND IN THE BOOTH OR HAVE A WRIST BAND.

I JUST THINK IF YOU GO AND SPEND HARD EARNED MONEY THAT MAYBE YOU COULD BE TREATED DECENTLY.

:bowdown: Spot on!!! :aright:

Its all a mind game. This city invented the idea of being an asshole at the door several years back. Its supposed to make people feel like they are cool because they got in. Somehow they are special because they know the guy that works at the club from back in high school or whatever. This of course gives them the right to not have wait in line with the other monkeys. "Those sheep! Look at them.. standing in line. How pitiful! They are soooo not connected like I am". Point is, people like to feel special. This is the whole Vip concept. Everyone is fighting over supremacy in the club over who is cooler than who. This goes from the message board people (don't even try to deny it), to the people standing in line, to the bouncer at the door, the DJ and all the way up to management. Elitism. Its a beautiful thing.

It seems that over the past few years it has become the standard here. I've been told this began back at the old Liquid club, some guy that ran the door started letting people wait outside, letting only "cool" people in. After that, I guess all the other clubs took a cue from that and its been downhill ever since. People have become accustomed to being mistreated. Every year when conference comes around, everyone is pissed. They are stupefied at the audacity of these door people. "How dare they treat me like this! I know Sasha!" What they don't realize is that when they leave, all they can do is talk about how much bullshit they got at the door, but how they cant wait to come back for more. Hopefully this will change one day.

In a perfect world, everyone has enough money to buy drinks for their friends but they don't get annoying when they are drunk. All the girls are pretty and they like techno and house music. When you invite your friends from work, they are impressed that you know so much about this electronic stuff, and they really enjoy it and don't immediately run off to the hip hop room. No one gets bullshit at the door because there is courteous door staff. Ofcourse theres no reason to be rude because the people standing in line aren't complete dirty peices of shit who will step over who ever they have to to get into the club to impress their new young hot South American ladyfriend wearing the whore uniform.

One day things will change. When I open up my own club : )

by popular request: P

Its all a mind game. This city invented the idea of being an asshole at the door several years back. Its supposed to make people feel like they are cool because they got in. Somehow they are special because they know the guy that works at the club from back in high school or whatever. This of course gives them the right to not have wait in line with the other monkeys. "Those sheep! Look at them.. standing in line. How pitiful! They are soooo not connected like I am". Point is, people like to feel special. This is the whole Vip concept. Everyone is fighting over supremacy in the club over who is cooler than who. This goes from the message board people (don't even try to deny it), to the people standing in line, to the bouncer at the door, the DJ and all the way up to management. Elitism. Its a beautiful thing. It seems that over the past few years it has become the standard here. I've been told this began back at the old Liquid club, some guy that ran the door started letting people wait outside, letting only "cool" people in. After that, I guess all the other clubs took a cue from that and its been downhill ever since. People have become accustomed to being mistreated. Every year when conference comes around, everyone is pissed. They are stupefied at the audacity of these door people. "How dare they treat me like this! I know Sasha!" What they don't realize is that when they leave, all they can do is talk about how much bullshit they got at the door, but how they cant wait to come back for more. Hopefully this will change one day. In a perfect world, everyone has enough money to buy drinks for their friends but they don't get annoying when they are drunk. All the girls are pretty and they like techno and house music. When you invite your friends from work, they are impressed that you know so much about this electronic stuff, and they really enjoy it and don't immediately run off to the hip hop room. No one gets bullshit at the door because there is courteous door staff. Ofcourse theres no reason to be rude because the people standing in line aren't complete dirty peices of shit who will step over who ever they have to to get into the club to impress their new young hot South American ladyfriend wearing the whore uniform.

Saleen is that you :)

Its all a mind game. This city invented the idea of being an asshole at the door several years back. Its supposed to make people feel like they are cool because they got in. Somehow they are special because they know the guy that works at the club from back in high school or whatever. This of course gives them the right to not have wait in line with the other monkeys. "Those sheep! Look at them.. standing in line. How pitiful! They are soooo not connected like I am". Point is, people like to feel special. This is the whole Vip concept. Everyone is fighting over supremacy in the club over who is cooler than who. This goes from the message board people (don't even try to deny it), to the people standing in line, to the bouncer at the door, the DJ and all the way up to management. Elitism. Its a beautiful thing. It seems that over the past few years it has become the standard here. I've been told this began back at the old Liquid club, some guy that ran the door started letting people wait outside, letting only "cool" people in. After that, I guess all the other clubs took a cue from that and its been downhill ever since. People have become accustomed to being mistreated. Every year when conference comes around, everyone is pissed. They are stupefied at the audacity of these door people. "How dare they treat me like this! I know Sasha!" What they don't realize is that when they leave, all they can do is talk about how much bullshit they got at the door, but how they cant wait to come back for more. Hopefully this will change one day. In a perfect world, everyone has enough money to buy drinks for their friends but they don't get annoying when they are drunk. All the girls are pretty and they like techno and house music. When you invite your friends from work, they are impressed that you know so much about this electronic stuff, and they really enjoy it and don't immediately run off to the hip hop room. No one gets bullshit at the door because there is courteous door staff. Ofcourse theres no reason to be rude because the people standing in line aren't complete dirty peices of shit who will step over who ever they have to to get into the club to impress their new young hot South American ladyfriend wearing the whore uniform.

2 thoughts :

1......you should've divided your essay into 3 paragraphs !

2...... you hit it right on the head

2 thoughts :

1......you should've divided your essay into 3 paragraphs !

2...... you hit it right on the head

Me was trying to save space. B82rez, Beattareez

A penny for whoever finds out where that is from : P

I CHECKED OUT A NEW CLUB...HAD A NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE...POSTED IT ON CLUBPLANET...

SORRY IT OFFENDED SOME PEOPLE. SORRY MY POST WASNT ALL ABOUT HOW IT WAS THE BEST PARTY EVER !

MY POINT WAS THE FUCKED UP ARROGANT ATTITUDE THAT I RECIEVED. THE POINT WAS NOT THE MONEY. AND MY POINT CERTAINLY WAS NOT THAT MY BUDDY IS IN THE NFL.

JUST A THOUGHT...IS IT POSSIBLE THAT MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE SOME SORT OF PROBLEM FROM A DOOR PERSON...THAT MAYBE IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE ELSE DID?????

JESUS CHRIST, I REMEMBER WHEN SPACE HAD THAT FRENCH FAGGOT STEPHAN WORKING THE DOOR AND 90 PERCENT OF THE BOARD COMPLAINED ABOUT HIM, BUT THERE WAS THIS ODD 10 PERCENT THAT WOULD ALWAYS SAY.."I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH HIM"....

(INCIDENTLY, aj2234...SORRY YOU HAVE TWO PROBLEMS WITH MY STORY...WHAT IS IT THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO PROVE...THAT I'M MAKING THIS SHIT UP??...I OWN A FUCKING COMPANY AND I WOULD LOVE TO BELIEVE THAT ITS PERFECT, THAT EVERYONE IS ALWAYS HAPPY AND THERE ARE NEVER ANY PROBLEMS....BUT I KNOW IT ISNT- AND INSTEAD OF TRYING TO SHIT ON SOMEONE WHEN THEY BRING UP A COMPLAINT-IVE GOT A IDEA!!!!...WHY NOT ACTUALLY TRY TO ADRESS THE PROBLEM??>>>)

YOU KNOW- IVE BEEN ON THIS BOARD FOR A FEW YEARS...IT USED TO BE A PRETTY COOL PLACE WHERE PEOPLE COULD VOICE ISSUES BOTH GOOD AND BAD....

Great post.... you should be allowed to express your opinion on the situation that happened... way to go Sgt.Fury!

i still love you greg!

when we get up the stairs, we find out they are reduced tickets....so we go back down the stairs to talk to the girl and the beotch denies even seeing us or taking a pretty good tip from us......

BUT there are two problems with your story.

1) that "bitch " with the hat is Michele and she is a very friendly door person.

2) an NFl player would never complain about paying $10

What kind of looser goes back to doorperson and complains about $10 aftrer your already in the club? When you ordered your drinks did you complain about not enough ice?

Also, you had two NFL players with you. First, these guys must be nobodies from the midwest who have not a clue about clubs in South Florida. Good thing you didnt take them to Bed on Wed or Rumi. You would still be waiting in line.

In the future make table reservations for them so you wont have to deal with drama at the door. And now on more pleasent note:

casta3.jpg