Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ticket for open container???

got a ticket for open container of alcohol in a park.

how serious is this, i heard you go to court and just pay a fine is that true?

will this crap stay on my permanent record? is it like one those things that i always have to write about every time i apply for a job?

should i get a lawyer to go to court with me or should i not worry about this shit and just pay the fine?

Sorry to say, your gonna be fucked. I'd get the best lawyer you can, your record depends on it. If ya Gotta tell all employers of your past history, you'll def have to tell them this.. I would say take the maximum 1 yr sentence and they might wipe your record clean when you get parole.

Not too serious. Can't say without seeing the summons, but it's probably just a minor violation. Go and pay if you don't want to challenge it. It will stay on your record, but it's not even a misdemeanor.

There's your no-charge expert legal advice (far too hungover to actually charge anyone in good conscious). :pint:

I got this ticket 2 years ago, they made me go to court out in queens. I took the day off from work hopped on a bus, took a subway and then walked about 20 blocks to the court onlyto be told that they dismissed the ticket. I was pissed , they could of called me instead of tasking 6 1/2 hours to get there and back to Jersey.

got a ticket for open container of alcohol in a park.

how serious is this, i heard you go to court and just pay a fine is that true?

will this crap stay on my permanent record? is it like one those things that i always have to write about every time i apply for a job?

should i get a lawyer to go to court with me or should i not worry about this shit and just pay the fine?

you'll be alright... just pay the fine... i dont think an open container ticket is gonna make or break you with a job..

Me and my cousins got open container tickets all at the same time. We all went to court. Me and one of my cousins just paid the $25 dollar fine. My other cousin plead not guilty. So he came back to court a month later. The police officer never showed up (which is most often the case) and his ticket got DISMISSED. So its up to you, pay $25 now and get it over with. Or waste another day and just get it dismissed. Umm this open container tickets is simply like a jaywalking or traffic violation type ticket. It is not considered an alcohol related offense (like DWI or DWAI). You will be fine. don't worry so hard.... you RETARD!!!!

• 4 months later...