Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pacha New York?

I'm so confused.... is it just me or has the sound factory space been "opening soon" for the past year now? either way, its either going to cater to the jonathon peters crowd or the trendy crobar "i don't who's spinning but I look cool clubbing" crowd. I wish something of more substance would open up. who knows. hopefully something good will pop soon. :)

I'm so confused.... is it just me or has the sound factory space been "opening soon" for the past year now? either way, its either going to cater to the jonathon peters crowd or the trendy crobar "i don't who's spinning but I look cool clubbing" crowd. I wish something of more substance would open up. who knows. hopefully something good will pop soon. :)

hey stranger... i think pretty much any new venue that opens will cater to that kind of crowd... that's the only crowd that exists it seems..

i've heard that it will be the SF building and the name Pacha is not trademarked. so these people who have nothing to do with pacha in ibiza, can still use the name

There are a lot of Pacha's... not just the one in Ibiza.

i just passed 46th st today where factory ONCE stood...

the entire building is being painted white! looks a lot better imo :bounce:

I was wondering about that too. Lots of action going on on that street. im seeing tons of contruction too, somone i talked to at cielo last night mentioned a roof deck being built like space miami! this can only benefit the scene, pacha is associated with wild parties and great music, and i think new york is about to get a kick in the ass!

Hey, you seem to know your way around! Where does non-Jonathon Peters "we don't care who's spinning as long as it's house and trance and let the house be progressive!!!" crowd go without the risk of hitting a night of rap or reggae on a Saturday night? Other than Crobar, of course?

Hey, you seem to know your way around! Where does non-Jonathon Peters "we don't care who's spinning as long as it's house and trance and let the house be progressive!!!" crowd go without the risk of hitting a night of rap or reggae on a Saturday night? Other than Crobar, of course?

Try smaller room places. Sullivan Room is my fave at the moment. if you're looking for bigger you are not going to get the crowd you want. That's the problem at the moment. of course there's always exceptions, i don't want to tear Crobar or Spirit down. I've had alot of fun there --even JP parties..lol. but my preference is for something darker and more underground. hopefully we'll see something soon!

A Giant West Side Club

Eddie Dean (who owns Discotheque) will replace the Sound Factory with Pacha, his new event space and nightclub, at the end of this summer. Designed by Icrave Design Studio (the company behind the looks of Crobar, Aer Lounge, Dorsia, and Koi), the venue has 30,000 square feet on three levels with full audiovisual capabilities including T1 lines, and will hold as many as 2,000 people. Scheduled to open in September, the club's proposed layout has room for 350 people on the lower level, a dance floor on the main level with room for 1,200, a mezzanine overlooking the dance floor, a second floor that holds 375, and a third-floor lounge for 400.—Anna Sekula

Posted 07.18.05

http://www.bizbash.com/content/editorial/e5016.asp

It seems DJs make the best club owners. Just ask nightlife scribe

Tricia Romano who spoke with Nicholas Matar, co-owner of CIELO (winner of "Best Club" by the Club World Awards and "Best Venue" by URB Magazine) about the sucess of his small boite in the midst of all the new mega-clubs that have popped up in NYC beginning in Fall 2003. Meanwhile, Cielo has played host to the creme-da-la-creme of dance music doyens on its superb Function 1 soundsystem and beautifully designed sunken dancefloor. In the last year alone, we've witnessed memorable sets by weekly resident Francois K for his Monday Deep Space nights ("Best Resident DJ" - Club World Awards, Roots Wednesdays with Master at Work and special guests Danny Tenaglia, Derrick Carter, Derrick May, Sasha & John Digweed, James Zabiela, Danny Howells, Lee Burridge, Dave Seaman, Marcus Wyatt, Miguel Migs, DJ Colette, etc.

Now enter Subliminal Records head honcho Erick Morillo. Erick is about to enter the NYC clubbing fray with a consortium of both silent and celebrity partners with the launch of PACHA, the famed Ibiza club (open since 1973) in the old Sound Factory space on West 46th street. WIth a DJ's aesthic and penchant for perfection, we'll have a new contender for Best Superclub yet.

With Avalon closing in the old Limelight space and their management now poised to take over Spirit, we'll have to see if Crobar can remain at the top of their game (as Best Superclub - Club World Awards) and how far Pacha will make them run for their money. NYC clubbing has always been a competitive business and now the dancefloors heat up again this Fall 2005.

See you on the dancefloor!

Read Fly Life - the Village Voice

Cozy Club

Meet Cielo's Nicolas Matar, the non-club owner club owner

by Tricia Romano

www.cieloclub.com

www.pacha.com

www.subliminalrecords.com

AMEN SISTA!!!!!!

i get soo annoyed by the folks who are there for the "lifestyle" but dont kno shit about the music which fuels it

im thinking about going the weekend they do the pacha ny party in ibiza - never been so figured that would be the logical choice

I just got back from 5 days in ibiza and got to check out the F*** Me Im Famous party with David Guetta @ Pacha. Words cant really describe what its like there.. so just go... and be ready to enjoy yourself a little bit ;)

Second year for me there.. saw roger sanchez there last year. It only gets better.

The only bit of advice I could give is to go at the end of july or beginning of august. The closing parties get REALLY crowded, and it can be a bit of a hassle..... but hey.. check it out for yourself!

Pretty psyched for Pacha NY. I never went to the space when it was its former name.. so it will be fresh for me.

See you there!

:gang: Pacha is too big. Is not gonna be a good club. Is too big. And plus, the main floor has about 400 people capacity. The rest of the people are gonna "trip" up and down the stairs with no connection with the dj or whats happenin in there. They just lookin for some "chicks". Is gonna be shitty. No club bigger that the size of spirit or arc is ever gonna be only about music.