Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Trip Report 7/7 - 7/10

zarjoe

Ok all, I told you we needed trip reports and you guys are getting better... since I was down this weekend and saw some of you... I figured I OWED y'all a trip report myself.

THE SETUP: We come down 3-4 times a year to Vegas just to let loose. Me and my girl... damn we love vegas! This trip was just us and some local friends. We thought it might be a low key weekend. WRONG! I will tell you what we remember...

THEflight: Alaska Air, direct, free MVP Gold Upgrade to First Class. On time and uneventful... bags came off quick too.

THEcar: Dollar Rental Car - Chysler 300m, ready and no waiting.

THEhotel: Yes, this is our place, we stayed here again and we are NEVER disappointed... perfection.

Stopped for some grey goose and hypnotiq on the way to the hotel, checked in by midnight. Got up stairs to unpack and get ready to go... the girl wants to go to BED! It's Vegas, no way, OK just a disco nap she says. I'm like OK... down to play craps. I come upstairs at 2am, she is OUT. I am drunk and making $$$ so back to craps! in 5 hours, I made enough to pay for the weekend. One night in Vegas down, but enough $$$ not to worry about playing more.

Friday: Shopping, Desert Passage & Venetian. They had a bunch of stuff we didn't need but wanted and bought it anyway. Then lunch with friend's at PF Chang's on paradise. Food was great, drinks too. 3 of us ate and drank for $80. Not bad. Now back to get changed, this is going to be our big night, tons planned.

Got a call from Twisted8... what's her plan? Damn, that sounds like ours...

Starting at 11pm, here was the schedule:

Krave (a private party): great crowd, nasty music, we had a drink and went to ICE.

ICE: Got there at 12midnight. No line, Clubplanet list and no tip. Walked in and were there for an hour before DJ Irene played. A VERY HOT SET... hard house and trance. Her opener was a Resident who was almost as good. We partied hard here until 3am or later. We need to move. Where to??? Seven. Twisted calls and says we should meet her there!

SEVEN: We love this club, the music is always on and we love the layout. The crowd was fun but SMALL. We had lots of space to dance, hung out with Twisted8 and company (she has some VERY fun friends!) then wanted a bigger crowd so we headed with a couple people to DRAIS.

DRAIS: With the help of one of Twisted8's friends who knew a couple people at the door at Drais, no line, just cover at the bottom (its 5am+). The crowd is hot, great house music... mostly progressive, later it switched to harder trance....we were here until 8am... then ....

The Asylum/5150.... this was the club we thought we would run into Twisted8 at. There she was.... with the whole crew from Seven. We got there before 9am... the club is nice, the music awesome... but again the crowd was small. It needs to be said... TWISTED8 can party beyond the best of them. At 5150 we had a couple drinks.... looked at the watch, looked at the girl and it was time to go. Imagine the laugh we had when twisted sent us a message at 10am and said "i knew you couldn't hang"! That was a night!

Saturday: Slept until dinner...pre-party at MIX at THEhotel. Great crowd, good house music, expensive drinks. Off the Tangerine... just as reviewed. This club is too small with a layout that is not meant for crowds or dancing much. We loved the music outside (house) and if you like hiphop, inside was good too. Again, no line, no cover (we were with some people).. stayed for a few drinks... then it was too crowded on the patio and we got a call from some girls we met at Drais that they were at Body English. So we were off to BE.

Body English: got there at 1am on Saturday, huge swordfest in the line, but we were with 3 guys, 3 girls.... the bouncer was generous and pulled us from the line. Paid the cover and went down. GREAT VENUE! Love the layout of the club... HATED the music. Don't mind the hiphop, but have to say the rock mixed with the hiphop doesn't sit right with me. We were watching the clock to know when to get to Drais!

Drais: 4am... starting to fill up... look at the people. Got a booth handed to us when someone bailed... hung out until 6am... met some great girls... so the girl and I bailed with them. By 8am, and its our last day... let's got back out... to Seven, then back to drais... we were going to go to 5150 at 10am... but we needed to check out of the HOTEL! Ha

Then to the airport and on a plane. Its Tuesday and we are still trying to recover.

On the whole... the reviews on this board are accurate and tell you what you need to know. The host here are particularly good at telling people the real story. Its all about what YOU are looking for.

EVEN FOR US... we like HOUSE music and pretty people (Vegas has turned for the most part to HIPHOP music and bulging/drinking people), but we still found our Venues! Thanks board, we had a blast and will be back the last week of August for MAGIC and labor day weekend!

Zarjoe

p.s. get some sleep if you are planning on trying to keep up with Twisted8.... she does not slow down. C___ thanks for a blast this weekend!

seriously... whats up with the hip-pop/rock mixes? heard them at Body English and at Rain.. I went to Rain on a Sat. in June and heard the worst DJ I have ever heard in my whole life.. I can hear Bon Jovi at my local bar.. and he basically stopped songs to play the next.. horrible mixing skills..

despite the hip-pop/rock mixes at Body English.. the Dj was pretty good

Ok all, I told you we needed trip reports and you guys are getting better... since I was down this weekend and saw some of you... I figured I OWED y'all a trip report myself.

THE SETUP: We come down 3-4 times a year to Vegas just to let loose. Me and my girl... damn we love vegas! This trip was just us and some local friends. We thought it might be a low key weekend. WRONG! I will tell you what we remember...

THEflight: Alaska Air, direct, free MVP Gold Upgrade to First Class. On time and uneventful... bags came off quick too.

THEcar: Dollar Rental Car - Chysler 300m, ready and no waiting.

THEhotel: Yes, this is our place, we stayed here again and we are NEVER disappointed... perfection.

Stopped for some grey goose and hypnotiq on the way to the hotel, checked in by midnight. Got up stairs to unpack and get ready to go... the girl wants to go to BED! It's Vegas, no way, OK just a disco nap she says. I'm like OK... down to play craps. I come upstairs at 2am, she is OUT. I am drunk and making $$$ so back to craps! in 5 hours, I made enough to pay for the weekend. One night in Vegas down, but enough $$$ not to worry about playing more.

Friday: Shopping, Desert Passage & Venetian. They had a bunch of stuff we didn't need but wanted and bought it anyway. Then lunch with friend's at PF Chang's on paradise. Food was great, drinks too. 3 of us ate and drank for $80. Not bad. Now back to get changed, this is going to be our big night, tons planned.

Got a call from Twisted8... what's her plan? Damn, that sounds like ours...

Starting at 11pm, here was the schedule:

Krave (a private party): great crowd, nasty music, we had a drink and went to ICE.

ICE: Got there at 12midnight. No line, Clubplanet list and no tip. Walked in and were there for an hour before DJ Irene played. A VERY HOT SET... hard house and trance. Her opener was a Resident who was almost as good. We partied hard here until 3am or later. We need to move. Where to??? Seven. Twisted calls and says we should meet her there!

SEVEN: We love this club, the music is always on and we love the layout. The crowd was fun but SMALL. We had lots of space to dance, hung out with Twisted8 and company (she has some VERY fun friends!) then wanted a bigger crowd so we headed with a couple people to DRAIS.

DRAIS: With the help of one of Twisted8's friends who knew a couple people at the door at Drais, no line, just cover at the bottom (its 5am+). The crowd is hot, great house music... mostly progressive, later it switched to harder trance....we were here until 8am... then ....

The Asylum/5150.... this was the club we thought we would run into Twisted8 at. There she was.... with the whole crew from Seven. We got there before 9am... the club is nice, the music awesome... but again the crowd was small. It needs to be said... TWISTED8 can party beyond the best of them. At 5150 we had a couple drinks.... looked at the watch, looked at the girl and it was time to go. Imagine the laugh we had when twisted sent us a message at 10am and said "i knew you couldn't hang"! That was a night!

Saturday: Slept until dinner...pre-party at MIX at THEhotel. Great crowd, good house music, expensive drinks. Off the Tangerine... just as reviewed. This club is too small with a layout that is not meant for crowds or dancing much. We loved the music outside (house) and if you like hiphop, inside was good too. Again, no line, no cover (we were with some people).. stayed for a few drinks... then it was too crowded on the patio and we got a call from some girls we met at Drais that they were at Body English. So we were off to BE.

Body English: got there at 1am on Saturday, huge swordfest in the line, but we were with 3 guys, 3 girls.... the bouncer was generous and pulled us from the line. Paid the cover and went down. GREAT VENUE! Love the layout of the club... HATED the music. Don't mind the hiphop, but have to say the rock mixed with the hiphop doesn't sit right with me. We were watching the clock to know when to get to Drais!

Drais: 4am... starting to fill up... look at the people. Got a booth handed to us when someone bailed... hung out until 6am... met some great girls... so the girl and I bailed with them. By 8am, and its our last day... let's got back out... to Seven, then back to drais... we were going to go to 5150 at 10am... but we needed to check out of the HOTEL! Ha

Then to the airport and on a plane. Its Tuesday and we are still trying to recover.

On the whole... the reviews on this board are accurate and tell you what you need to know. The host here are particularly good at telling people the real story. Its all about what YOU are looking for.

EVEN FOR US... we like HOUSE music and pretty people (Vegas has turned for the most part to HIPHOP music and bulging/drinking people), but we still found our Venues! Thanks board, we had a blast and will be back the last week of August for MAGIC and labor day weekend!

Zarjoe

p.s. get some sleep if you are planning on trying to keep up with Twisted8.... she does not slow down. C___ thanks for a blast this weekend!

There's nothing cool about rain, you shouldn't have been there in the first place. DJ AM, on the other hand, does play hip-hop/rock mixes @ BE but he plays the crowd well and doesn't suck with his mixing.

Next time you're here def. skip rain.

Your welcome!

There's nothing cool about rain, you shouldn't have been there in the first place. DJ AM, on the other hand, does play hip-hop/rock mixes @ BE but he plays the crowd well and doesn't suck with his mixing.

Next time you're here def. skip rain.

i believe you missed what I wrote..

"despite the hip-pop/rock mixes at Body English.. the Dj was pretty good"

Great review. The mash-up style (hip-hop/rock) has been "trendy" in L.A. and NYC for a while. Ultimately, the driving force behind it is that it mixes today's sounds (hip-hop) with music from the 80s and creates a situation where white thirty somethings can feel cool and also be familiar with the music. That demographic has money to spend. I personally hate it and you will rarely hear a mash-up at OPM (where I reside).

just back in from the same weekend, will post my report later tonight... to quickly respond to a few things:

- DJ AM hits it so well at BE is that he pays a LOT of attention to the crowd. This past Sunday night he played a lot less mash-up; a few times he would start sneaking in some rock/pop loops in without much response, but the smallest old-school hip-hop samples would get the floor bumping harder. Bill and I both commented throughout the night that he was playing a lot of great tracks we haven't heard in a long, long time.

- MasterWeb: first off, you are the man, Saturday night was mind-blowing (literally). Not sure if I thanked you properly before I left, as I don't quite remember leaving. Anyway... second thing, I'd never expect or desire you to mash anything at OPM, but man it would be priceless just to see the reaction from that room. :)

- Zarjoe & Twised8: did I meet you and your lady at Drai's on Saturday? I remember being there... but don't remember walking in nor walking out (nor leaving OPM, I gotta work on these memory drops) but I've got this vague memory of meeting a CP poster and his girl at Drai's and talking about heading to Seven... if we did meet and I freaked you out (always possible when I'm in that state), man I gotta apologize...

- Alison: you left your number on my voicemail but it was broken up. You said you lurk on this board, so please shoot me a PM or text.

- To anyone else I may have run into: I found quite a cryptic scribble on a quarter-piece of paper in my pocket that was not my handwriting:

1033 (in one person's hand)

Mayo

Ketchup

Avocado for BLT (ingredients in another person's hand)

Ah, yes. I do love the mystery messages.

if we did meet and I freaked you out (always possible when I'm in that state), man I gotta apologize...

lol, you know it's a good night when you have to apologize for possibily freaking someone out the first time you meet them cause you're so inebriated

Awesome

sounds like a sandwhich on the menu at Mr.Lucky's at the Hard Rock

just back in from the same weekend, will post my report later tonight... to quickly respond to a few things:

- DJ AM hits it so well at BE is that he pays a LOT of attention to the crowd. This past Sunday night he played a lot less mash-up; a few times he would start sneaking in some rock/pop loops in without much response, but the smallest old-school hip-hop samples would get the floor bumping harder. Bill and I both commented throughout the night that he was playing a lot of great tracks we haven't heard in a long, long time.

- MasterWeb: first off, you are the man, Saturday night was mind-blowing (literally). Not sure if I thanked you properly before I left, as I don't quite remember leaving. Anyway... second thing, I'd never expect or desire you to mash anything at OPM, but man it would be priceless just to see the reaction from that room. :)

- Zarjoe & Twised8: did I meet you and your lady at Drai's on Saturday? I remember being there... but don't remember walking in nor walking out (nor leaving OPM, I gotta work on these memory drops) but I've got this vague memory of meeting a CP poster and his girl at Drai's and talking about heading to Seven... if we did meet and I freaked you out (always possible when I'm in that state), man I gotta apologize...

- Alison: you left your number on my voicemail but it was broken up. You said you lurk on this board, so please shoot me a PM or text.

- To anyone else I may have run into: I found quite a cryptic scribble on a quarter-piece of paper in my pocket that was not my handwriting:

1033 (in one person's hand)

Mayo

Ketchup

Avocado for BLT (ingredients in another person's hand)

Ah, yes. I do love the mystery messages.

Greenie! Now, I get it! Yes, I think that was you! We actually went from there to 5150 cuz it got so late/early. Naw, you didn't freak us out... we were in the same state!

HA! Those always make for the best weekends. Anyone up for Labor Day?