Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: Silverbull re: Paradise Garage

hey detroit thanks for sharing it with everyone, mel cheren showed me this and tried to explain to me what it all meant lol (im not a sound buff) and at the same time he explained to me how the garages dance floor was wood floors on top of 6 inches of sand on the concrete so your feet wouldnt hurt as much when stomping for hrs.

that letter was very interesting. damn they fucking built that shit just for larry. to a certain sound pressure level. the control he had in that booth must have been insane.....

its funny to see the diagram see "tape" in there

how the fuck do u beatmatch tapes???? :eek::laugh:

read somewhere that levan wasnt much of a mixer tho, just a master programmer, which in my opinion is about 80% of Djing compared to 20% mixing skill (which is easy to learn and practice)

cause this is a different era...back than it use to be "all about the music"...these days it's all about "models & bottles"

Please, there's still clubs who try to get the best sound possible. Stereo's one for example; and Twilo had a huge focus on the sound system, even some smaller club today like Love obviously put the sound as one of their top priority. It's not the norm for sure, but the Garage wasn't either.

PS: btw, I heard the best sound "evah!" was at the Loft (another Sound System Pioneer).

PS2: great great great document find DETROIT

how does anyone know that the best soundsystem ever was @ paradise garage? i tend to think that Stereo and Ministry of Sound have the best sound systems in the world. and Spirits system is the best in nyc. great article and very interesting. i think ill send it to my friend who studies at berklee school of music. hes a huge sound buff, being a producer and having his own recording studio and all. not sure if its the same thing, but im sure he will appreciate this.

back when ministry of sound was opening, some parts of the sound system from teh paradise garage was sold over to them. And larry levan himself flew over tehre as well. People still are able to talk bout the garag system because there still around and have been to so many parties thru out the yrs and thats how people know. STEREO from what i hear NOW is the best sound systemin the world. How many references does soundmanshorty and david morales make to the ANALOG system from teh garage to thiers.