Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jonathan Peters Classics @ Roxy, Sun 9/4

whys does no one make a mention of what happened when he played roxy a few weeks ago on a sat. That night alone shows why he only caters to a "CERTIAN CROWD".

would u ever stop hating on JP and the crowd he brings. if u don't like it don't go but don't be talking shit because it's getting old.

JP still does pack the clubs. I was in the hamptons july 4th weekend and I went to CPI's late or should I say early and the place was so pack and they could get the people to leave. So it may be getting old to some but the new clubbers are catching hes vibe Quick.

whys does no one make a mention of what happened when he played roxy a few weeks ago on a sat. That night alone shows why he only caters to a "CERTIAN CROWD".

My guess is that is was a Saturday at Roxy which is a Gay party.I had a great time,got there at 11:30 Enough time to get my $1.00 well drinks.Anyway the place was'nt that crowded and Peters was playing some cool tracks I hav'nt heard before,it was'nt his tech or Tribal beats,more like Fluffy music which was cool with me,it was different.I danced for awhile(sorry I 'm not good with remembering all his track list) about 1/1:30 am started to get crowded,not your typical Roxy crowd either,more females there,mixed crowd.I kind of think that JP was told what type of music to play or he was just nervous that hes playing at Roxy for the first time on a Saturday,at least he played All this time and Men beat there drums,towards the end he started playing hard,overall it was a good night,hope he comes back again,I'll be there labor day,can't wait.

Peter's IMO has been over looked,since 89 and early 90's far as I can remember people were comapring him to Junior or vice versa,when it comes to playing hardhouse or pots and pans,peter has that locked down,folks may disagree but Junior back in the day was more house music.

I live for Junior and Peters.

To say he caters to certain crowd is wrong,it just turned out that way,unlike Junior,he wanted an all gay crowd (MEN).Peter's plays for everyone.

JP still does pack the clubs. I was in the hamptons july 4th weekend and I went to CPI's late or should I say early and the place was so pack and they could get the people to leave. So it may be getting old to some but the new clubbers are catching hes vibe Quick.

yes new breed of new clubbers is correct

JPs the man...classics at Roxy? should be a dam good night.

by the way anyone own the cd "The Last Dance" ? that cd is off the hook. get it if u dont got it. dvd it comes wit is awesome too .

Love the cd,playing it now.

Too bad the Hallowen cd is not out,guess its dead in the water.

halloween cd can be purchased on amazon....as for this new breed of clubbers..i have first hand experience because my little brother is one of them. They all go to see JP because its the cool thing to do. All these new clubbers....listen to the shit on ktu like dht and lasgo and think its the hottest shit out. When they hear me playing morillo,any cd from subliminal or house in general they say this shits sucks. I just laugh and tell them they know nothing about edm. But now JP's music is being catered more to people on tina and its mostly hard beats. Thats what these new clubbers like, real house music to them sucks. Speaking for myself I started out listening to hard house, hardcore, and hard trance. While I still like a little of that stuff as you get older your tastes evolve and now I'm a house head. But to me Jp's hard beats hes playing now are not too hard but just hard enough. Its going to be interesting to see what kind of set he plays at classics, and to see how all these new clubbers react to the different sound they will hear at roxy.