Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Japanese Straightening

my friend gets it done in the city every 3 months or so...she can't talk better about the place she goes to , as soon as I let you know I'll hit you up with a PM

If she gets it done every 3 months it's probably not that good of a place. Isn't it supposed to last 6 months?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I got it done a couple years ago, i was DYING for it. I love my hair being straight but with mine..i have to either blow dry it or let it air dry and then straighten it w/ a straightener either way and it takes FOREVER..and if it gets wet..then im screwed.

I got it done at this japanese hair place in Scarsdale NY (a bit outside of NYC)...i have long hair (below shoulders) and it was only 500 dollars. It lasted for a very very long time because i have long hair. I thought i'd have been more because usually it STARTS at 500 dolalrs.

But no..it was only 500. They did a fabulous job and i was in love with it..it was great. I was afraid of it looking gross when it grew out, but i actually didn't notice it so much, my straight hair weighed down my hair growing in a bit and if i felt like it, i straightened it.

I reccomend it to anyone! Its great. the only reason i havent done it since is because i dont have 500 to spend on it :(..soon though

I got it done a couple years ago, i was DYING for it. I love my hair being straight but with mine..i have to either blow dry it or let it air dry and then straighten it w/ a straightener either way and it takes FOREVER..and if it gets wet..then im screwed.

I got it done at this japanese hair place in Scarsdale NY (a bit outside of NYC)...i have long hair (below shoulders) and it was only 500 dollars. It lasted for a very very long time because i have long hair. I thought i'd have been more because usually it STARTS at 500 dolalrs.

But no..it was only 500. They did a fabulous job and i was in love with it..it was great. I was afraid of it looking gross when it grew out, but i actually didn't notice it so much, my straight hair weighed down my hair growing in a bit and if i felt like it, i straightened it.

I reccomend it to anyone! Its great. the only reason i havent done it since is because i dont have 500 to spend on it :(..soon though

hey, thanks for the advice

I have tried EVERYTHING...

and without a doubt

my hair straightening nightmares ended when I aquired a CHI straighting IRON

There are a few different models, don't get the cheapest.... I is like nothing else

F the hair dryer!!!!

If you wash your hair before you go to bed and put it in a loooooose bun or nothing at all... turn on the CHI before you go in the shower

and make sure u have good product (at night while my hair is wet I put in some sort of straightening gel)

while I am straightening (I have like 5 or 6 of those metal clips, and just seperate my hair) I SPRAY WITH A PROTECTING FROM HEAT PRODUCT - WHICH ALSO SHINES!

then when I am all done,,.. and litterellly I havd LONG hair...like past shoulder blades... (its a little on the thinner side though so it makes it easier)

IT REALLY ONLY TAKES FIVE MINUTES!

THEN last product is something like I use Paul Mitchell super skinny serum (I dont like that popular walmart anti frizz- too think, doesnt work) THIS KEEPS HAIR SHINY and keeps frizzes away and DOES NOT LOOK GREASY.

The Chi is a little pricey.... but its worth it...think I got mine for 200 (I think they have older versions for lil less, or smaller versions, but ITS A GOOD INVESTMENT)

now THIS IS IMPORTANT. .... They really only sell them to LICENSED HAIR STYLIST... you might be able to get one from your hair dresser, but for the best deal:

go online

search

search

search

FIND A STORE THAT SPECIALIZES IN BEAUTY PRODUCTS. and no ebay/etc.

now the store is going to ask you for your license number...

but in every state i think, a hair stylist/beautician has a different number of numbers/alphanumericals etc...

so i just made one up, and I am sure they were happy to get their money.

-on a side note...lets say im going out at night, just took a shower, and wanna straighten - but my hair is wet. - dont forget the product to put in your wet hair

...i go into my bedroom (the bathroom is already hot from the shower and iron) AND USE A HIGH POWERED -I O N I C- (u can get at target/sears/etc - look for sales and most wattage, COOL SHOT is nice to have too.)

i hate the hair dryer so i usually read my email or something while i do it and before you know it, i am done.

SORRY THAT WAS SO LONG

hopefully it helped someone who doesnt wanna spend a fortune at the salon, and this is a long term solution,.... and I dont work for

CHI

but when I first discovered it from a friend I was so shocked at how well it worked... I had to get one right away.... if anyone wants the tourmaline one I bought 2 weeks earlier for 100, I will send it to u ****** for $20, I still have the box

10/7/06-Salon Juno (Bellevue, WA) is the top #1 in Japanese thermal-reconditioning straightening system with strong solutions. I highly recommended my hairstylists: Dean (& or together with Karen Lee). Now I'm ready for upcoming new job interviews. Thank you! Elsya Kusumo; Bellevue, WA (ekusumo@hotmail.com)