Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the best team money can buy

I got him in my money league....the joke of it is that I traded Todd Helton and Carlos Beltran to get him and Manny Ramirez at the beginning of the season. Who woulda thought?

What a steal...

I didn't think Beltran would be that great because of Shea, but I didn't think he'd be this bad...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a steal...

I didn't think Beltran would be that great because of Shea, but I didn't think he'd be this bad...

its not only that...look at Helton. I think he's the bigger bust

At the beginning of the year though, it looked like I was gettin taken for the trade on paper since both players were better than the players I traded for....

anyway, just goes to show how unpredictable the season really is. btw, I'm still only second in this league

its one year buddy..

so are the yankees considering arod a bust now?

i say give him one more year..

but its always half empty for you..

You gotta be kidding me right?

A-Rod in his "bust" year hit .286 with 36 HR and 105 RBI...the only reason it was a "bust" as whiny-bitch Yankee fans put it is because he didn't get a few hits against the Sox. If Beltran reaches A-Rod's "bust" year totals ANY YEAR during the contract...it'll be a damn miracle!

Don't compare A-Rod and Beltran...ever

A-Rod in his "bust" year hit .286 with 36 HR and 105 RBI...the only reason it was a "bust" as whiny-bitch Yankee fans put it is because he didn't get a few hits against the Sox. If Beltran reaches A-Rod's "bust" year totals ANY YEAR during the contract...it'll be a damn miracle!

reserve judgement until the end of the season.. im sure beltran will come semi close to those numbers..

dude. you have to have some more faith..

mets always have some sort of surge at the end of the season

reserve judgement until the end of the season.. im sure beltran will come semi close to those numbers..

for the record....if beltran hits a-rod's numbers it WILL be a miracle. he's hit above .286 only once I think, maybe twice and his home runs and RBI's are nowhere near a-rod's totals. I know he steals bases but so does a-rod.

bottom line is beltran is nowhere near a-rod's league and was paid almost as well.....its a damn shame

ps...I still maintain that a-rod is the best shortstop in baseball and besides bonds, the best player. too bad he's a whiney little bitch

Arod also had scheff, matsui, jeter, posada in the same lineup while beltran has floyd, cameron, and what wright?

They've made some strides this year...but to think they will make the playoffs this year is a joke...hopefully a good offseason will build upon things for next year.

Arod also had scheff, matsui, jeter, posada in the same lineup while beltran has floyd, cameron, and what wright?

doesn't make a difference...Beltran had Berkman, Biggio AND a homer's ballpark that last half of last season and he almost had the same numbers as A-Rod's "bust" year.

They've made some strides this year...but to think they will make the playoffs this year is a joke...hopefully a good offseason will build upon things for next year.

don't know if I would call it a "joke"....they are only 3 1/2 back and have stayed in striking distance up to this point. I know we have a few teams to jump but it still is a possibility.

don't know if I would call it a "joke"....they are only 3 1/2 back and have stayed in striking distance up to this point. I know we have a few teams to jump but it still is a possibility.

It is man...what makes you think they'll all of a sudden string an 8 game winning streak together? They've had 4 or 5 chances to do it and have fallen flat...Dodgers, Brewers, Rockies....teams they are "supposed" to beat.

Their longest streak is what 5? Which happened when they started 0-5...when they're more consistent NEXT YEAR, then they can be labeled playoff contenders.

Be realistic - they've improved! But there is NO WAY they are winning the Wild Card.

It is man...what makes you think they'll all of a sudden string an 8 game winning streak together? They've had 4 or 5 chances to do it and have fallen flat...Dodgers, Brewers, Rockies....teams they are "supposed" to beat.

Their longest streak is what 5? Which happened when they started 0-5...when they're more consistent NEXT YEAR, then they can be labeled playoff contenders.

Be realistic - they've improved! But there is NO WAY they are winning the Wild Card.

I am being realistic...do I think they are going to make the playoffs? No, of course not but at the same time I can't sit here and say that they have no shot whatsoever.

You've mentioned that they haven't been able to pull off some huge winning streak but at the same time no other team has done anything to pull away from the rest of the pack. All of the teams have flaws.

So again, not saying I think they will win the Wild Card....but hey, ya never know ;)

lets put it this way....for the Mets to be contenders the first thing that has to happen is they have to start playing small ball. that team is built for small ball and there are no sacrifices, hardly any stolen bases besides reyes, nor hit and runs.

I kind of root for the Mets when I see them playing (which is often believe it or not since I only see national league games anymore since I only get braves, cubs, dodgers and padres out here) and it just pisses me off seeing them play like an american league team. they got a 40-40 player and never run him. they got aging pitching and have their pitchers pitch into the late innings. its just painful to watch

they got a solid base but they need a national league type manager at the helm.....not willie randolph

doesn't make a difference...Beltran had Berkman, Biggio AND a homer's ballpark that last half of last season and he almost had the same numbers as A-Rod's "bust" year.

??

What I am saying is that arods "bust" year would of been worse if he had cameron and floyd instead of scheff and matsui and posada.

I will put it another way if the yanks signed him I bet his numbers would be a lot better,

??

What I am saying is that arods "bust" year would of been worse if he had cameron and floyd instead of scheff and matsui and posada.

I will put it another way if the yanks signed him I bet his numbers would be a lot better,

I highly doubt it...Teams weren't pitching around Beltran this year, especially since Floyd is having a career year.