Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Crobar - Nothing Special

Before you guys go on a bashing spree,

YES CROBAR BRINGS IN GREAT TALENT AND HAS A PRETTY GOOD STAFF

BUTTT

As a venue, it has no vibe whatsoever, I feel that clubs used to have a certain personality. centro-fly, even SF(not saying i dug it- just giving 2 random examples)..all had their own things going on - crowd wise - decor - etc. Sometimes you would go to a club, regardless of talent or night - just because you felt like being there.

Crobar seems "soulless" I go there and i really cant enjoy myself. Its a big venue, but a boring venue in my opinion.

I think Pacha is going to fall under the same category. Big - great talent, but confuzed - half "classy" (dress to impress attire), half "its all about the music".

What do u guys think?

as far as decor goes, i have to say crobar is usually on point.,. i mean, god, does anyone remember the lights for calderone durring gay pride?! OMG!!!

i completely agree on the lack of vibe, but it is what you make of it.,. i usually cant stand the crowd in there, but it is what you make of it.,. as much as i much dislike it, i always run into people i know, and we get down and have a good time.,.

i think club culture has changed drastically, as far as the crowd and as far as the role of the club.,. 95% of the time, there is a reason why im going to a certain venue, uaully talent, not just to go chill at my spot.,. the venues pull the talent, and the talent pulls the crowd.,. sometimes ill go to cielo for shits and giggles, but the last venue i ever went to just to go there and chill was vinyl/arc.,. and i think its closure was truly the end of that era.,.

crobar is a chill place... they def do their own thing, although it may not seem that way... think about how inconsistent and random the other venues have been since the same opening date... think about the rumors of the other clubs falling off... crobar never falls into these situations because they really don't care about the other venues or what they do...

they have a ame plan and they stick to it... they change it up just to join the band wagon...

the venues is well designed, their lights are the best in nyc (when being used correctly) and their sound system dumps...

maybe the crowd is not what one would expect, but that is our fault - not crobars... when i go with my friends or meet someone or go for a dj, i have a great time all the time... i mean, if you cannot get yourself to have a good time amongst a few friends, drinks, music, girls, guys, etc... then maybe the problem is a personal matter that must be attended to because these ingredients sound like a good time to me :)

what could make crobar better is the question... what can they do to make the crowd more into the party? without crowd participation, venues are just shells for patrons... we need a vibe that brings out the club kid within all of us..

at the same time, what can we do to make crobar better?

Crobar is indeed nothing special, but that's what makes it special. If you feel like going dancing on any Friday or Saturday, you head to Crobar, get in without the door drama and get a guaranteed excellent house set from a brand name DJ. No dress code, reasonably non-nasty staff, decent lights, an OK sound system - what more could you want?

Having said that - I hate that there is no seating space other than reserved tables and it's ridiculous how crowded Crobar gets! At times you just even dance on the main floor because there are just too many people trying to walk across the dance floor in every direction. They should really do something to fix this shit!

Crobar is indeed nothing special, but that's what makes it special. If you feel like going dancing on any Friday or Saturday, you head to Crobar, get in without the door drama and get a guaranteed excellent house set from a brand name DJ. No dress code, reasonably non-nasty staff, decent lights, an OK sound system - what more could you want?

Having said that - I hate that there is no seating space other than reserved tables and it's ridiculous how crowded Crobar gets! At times you just even dance on the main floor because there are just too many people trying to walk across the dance floor in every direction. They should really do something to fix this shit!

No dress code
this i cant agree to

i mean i have gone there twice

once they didnt let me in because of my pants-

he said they were too baggy but i see on the line MUCH larger and lowered to the thigh (which i dont understand)

also the second time i went they didnt want me in because i was wearing white sneakers

i havent been back since

They didn't let you in because of your pants or sneakers???

I swear, this is the first time I ever heard about someone being turned away @ Crobar!!! Speaking of dressing there, one of my friends, an uncurable jeans-and-sneakers kid, always wears baggy blue jeans and New Balance running shoes and he always gets in.

I hear that if it's late enough they might not let in single guys or a bunch of guys. Without girls, that is.

They didn't let you in because of your pants or sneakers???

I swear, this is the first time I ever heard about someone being turned away @ Crobar!!! Speaking of dressing there, one of my friends, an uncurable jeans-and-sneakers kid, always wears baggy blue jeans and New Balance running shoes and he always gets in.

I hear that if it's late enough they might not let in single guys or a bunch of guys. Without girls, that is.

first time for pants

second time for sneakers

and to boot..... i was workin there that second night doing some promo thing inside (FOR THEM)

i get online

some guy sees its a LONG ass line so hes walking down it pre-checking IDs

he looks me up and down and says nothing

i get to the door where other man usualy checks IDs and you walk in to pay

but he stops me

says" You need to get out of the line, you cant come in like that"

man i always get to the manhattan clubs realy as hell

i mean 11pm or before

I happen to really like Crobar. They consistently bring in great talent, the management/security is good, and the venue itself is nice. I don't really care if the crowd isn't all music heads. No big room club ever will be. The people who just stand around and sip their martinis aren't gonna stop me from having a good time though. If you wanna dress up and go there, cool; if not, then their dress code is pretty relaxed. I've gone there in a nice t-shirt/jeans and never had any problems getting in. Just don't show up there looking like you just rolled outta bed and you should be fine.

Yeah, it does get packed in there, esp. when the big name DJs are in town. I usually have a better time seeing someone like Sander K. who always brings it, and where you have some space to dance. Try going to see some lesser known talents sometime and you'll see the difference.

Their sound system isn't spectacular, but it's not bad either. I guess the high ceilings make it tough to perfect the sound in there.

Crobar is def. the best big room club in the city, but you have to accept it for what it is. If you're looking for a better vibe, w/ more music heads, then you'll need to go to a smaller venue like Cielo, Sully, etc. But if you're looking to hear some great DJs and be part of a huge crowd, Crobar is a good choice.

I happen to really like Crobar. They consistently bring in great talent, the management/security is good, and the venue itself is nice. I don't really care if the crowd isn't all music heads. No big room club ever will be. The people who just stand around and sip their martinis aren't gonna stop me from having a good time though. If you wanna dress up and go there, cool; if not, then their dress code is pretty relaxed. I've gone there in a nice t-shirt/jeans and never had any problems getting in. Just don't show up there looking like you just rolled outta bed and you should be fine.

Yeah, it does get packed in there, esp. when the big name DJs are in town. I usually have a better time seeing someone like Sander K. who always brings it, and where you have some space to dance. Try going to see some lesser known talents sometime and you'll see the difference.

Their sound system isn't spectacular, but it's not bad either. I guess the high ceilings make it tough to perfect the sound in there.

Crobar is def. the best big room club in the city, but you have to accept it for what it is. If you're looking for a better vibe, w/ more music heads, then you'll need to go to a smaller venue like Cielo, Sully, etc. But if you're looking to hear some great DJs and be part of a huge crowd, Crobar is a good choice.

Have to agree.. :bounce: I mean you have to agree that it is one of the hottest clubs in NYC right now.