Clubplanet Nightlife Community

:(

lalate

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched 9-11 constantly uninterrupted on TV.

THISSSS I cant watch anymore. People who cant find their wives. People crying, holding on for dear life. I cant watch it. .... and to THINK that people are looting that Wallgreens? IVEEEE been in that store (down the street from the famous Bread/Desert place) - to think someone is looting THAT store means the antique shops near by with pieces worth each easily over $10K are being pillaged :( So of the great antiques of the south originate or are housed in New Orleans. This is a tragedy.

Are you kidding me?

You could watch 9-11 but can't watch this because it's a tragedy!? Was 9-11 not a tragedy? Did people not die? Could they not find their loved ones?

What's the difference? Just that you have been in a fucking walgreens that was on television?

Are you kidding me?

You could watch 9-11 but can't watch this because it's a tragedy!? Was 9-11 not a tragedy? Did people not die? Could they not find their loved ones?

What's the difference? Just that you have been in a fucking walgreens that was on television?

He's from the "other" coast. He doesn't understand.

Pfizer Commits $2 Million and Healthcare Products for Relief and Recovery Efforts to Help the Victims of Hurricane Katrina

NEW YORK, Aug. 31 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The colleagues of Pfizer express our sympathy and support for the people of Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama and other states whose lives and communities have been devastated by Hurricane Katrina.

Since the first hours of disaster, we have been in contact with local, state and federal officials to assess how our company can best respond to the immediate humanitarian and healthcare needs and long-term rebuilding.

Based upon current assessments of the needs of the affected communities, Pfizer today announces several initiatives, including:

* $1 million for rebuilding hospital and healthcare centers

* $1 million for relief organizations: the American Red Cross, Salvation

Army and the United Way of America

* The donation of medicines, consumer and animal health products

* An inventory of Pfizer services and employees' skills that can be

deployed as part of the relief and recovery efforts

"We are mobilizing the people, products and financial resources of our company to effectively assist in helping this devastated region recover," said Hank McKinnell, chairman and chief executive officer of Pfizer. "Today's action is in keeping with our long-standing tradition to respond to disasters that pose major threats to public health."

Pfizer is also participating in the Business Roundtable's Partnership for Disaster Relief that works to coordinate relief among member companies.

The Pfizer Foundation Matching Gifts Program will match US employees' and retiree contributions. The Foundation has established an expedited process to facilitate employee contributions to the American Red Cross, Salvation Army and the United Way of America Hurricane Katrina Response Fund.

"We applaud the leadership of the Governors of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, relief organizations and volunteers as they respond to this tragedy," said Dr. McKinnell. "We will do everything we can to be a supportive partner in this massive relief effort."

Go Pfizer!!! :bounce:

I lived in NYC for a substantial part of my life. So dont go there. And dont parse my words. This is a horrific tragedy. And your comments speak for themselves.

please bro i see your hidden agenda, and i feel like callin your ass out

this is a awful tragedy, but to compare it to 911 is like apples and oranges. your terrible bro... icon13.gif

please bro i see your hidden agenda, and i feel like callin your ass out

this is a awful tragedy, but to compare it to 911 is like apples and oranges. your terrible bro... icon13.gif

it is but it is similar to 9/11 in that it is a horrible tragedy.. thousands of peoples lives have changed for the worse.. hundreds if not thousands are gonan be dead... the kid has personal ties to the city which you just dont understand... i dont either but im nto gonna go knock him for it..

why are you people starting drama on this thread?? horrible....

...none of us can fathom what is currently going on in this part of the country...none of us will be able to grip how bad things truly are nor should try to...say a prayer if you like...send money if you can...other than that, talking about it doesnt do it for me...and i would say it prob doesnt do it for the victims either....

in retrospect 9-11 & this are on 2 different levels of tragedy. The hurricane basically leveled a whole city and various counties. The World Trade attacks were on 2 buildings and many lives were lost. Soooo as far as comparing deepspell is right, apples and oranges .. one destroyed homes for millions and the other killed thousands and only damaged a small part of the surrounding area....

I guess its now all a matter of personal opinion on which is worse .. i personally say a whole fucking city having to be abandoned and millions of people displaced w/o anything that once resembled an ordinary life is worse .. again in my opinion. Im not saying that world trade wasnt tragic, in comparision the hurricane is way more devistating.

I guess its now all a matter of personal opinion on which is worse .. i personally say a whole fucking city having to be abandoned and millions of people displaced w/o anything that once resembled an ordinary life is worse .. again in my opinion. Im not saying that world trade wasnt tragic, in comparision the hurricane is way more devistating.

i concur... good, intelligent post flow, for once... :aright:

in retrospect 9-11 & this are on 2 different levels of tragedy. The hurricane basically leveled a whole city and various counties. The World Trade attacks were on 2 buildings and many lives were lost. Soooo as far as comparing deepspell is right, apples and oranges .. one destroyed homes for millions and the other killed thousands and only damaged a small part of the surrounding area....

i think Deep's point was that one was caused by man and the other by nature. big difference...hence apples and oranges.