Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Armin van Buuren @ Crobar, Fri 9/30

crobar-0930-f.jpg

Friday, September 30th, 2005

Doors open at 11pm. 18 and over.

With trance undergoing its much-hyped third renaissance (if you believe it had ever died) the boy Buuren, widely credited with creating the blueprint track for the genre, "Blue Fear," at the tender age of 19, is at the forefront of the revolution to reclaim quality dance music. - taken from arminvanbuuren.com

Crobar

530 West 28th Street

(btw 10th & 11th Avenues)

Click below for $30 advance tickets.

http://www.ticketweb.com/user/?region=nyc&query=detail&event=625555&REFID=clubp

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of course we ready ................right dora:party:

bought the SHIVERS cd............

has anyone else?

what do u people think of it?

its good...not what i expected though..

wall of sound,who is watching and,golddigger need to be remixed...other than that cd is pretty damn good...my favorite songs gotta be empty state

Honestly go fuck yourself. If you don't like trance, then don't buy trance cd's or go to trance events. Armin always packs a club when he comes to New York and I want him to continue coming to NY and he will as long as clubs continue to be packed when great trance dj's like Armin come to NY.

Just because you don't like a particular type of music doesn't mean that the rest of New York has to cater to what you like.

Honestly go fuck yourself. If you don't like trance, then don't buy trance cd's or go to trance events. Armin always packs a club when he comes to New York and I want him to continue coming to NY and he will as long as clubs continue to be packed when great trance dj's like Armin come to NY.

Just because you don't like a particular type of music doesn't mean that the rest of New York has to cater to what you like.

Agreed, I am sick of these haters on this board! House isnt my thing, doesnt mean I'll diss that genre of music though. Seriously, get a life.

Whoa butt whip, did u not see that I said Armin is a great DJ, just not in my eyes. I can have an opinion, and my opinion is that trance is crap. I dont care who is spinnin it. So shut ur face, dont get mad at someones opinion. Move to Europe and youll hear all the trance you want. There is a reason Corbar has House DJ's 9 times out 10, because Amercian people like House better, than your faced paced, melodies instead of beats crap. The only way to dance to that crap is to hop up and down, like all the trance listeners do. please take a dance lesson or 2 you trance listeners, your hard to look at when your doin your Trance Bounce making a fool of yourself. And I will bet that Armin will get no where near as many people as Boris, Roger Sanchez, Deep Dish, or even Ralph Falcon for that matter. So please just listen to your crap trance any SHUT UP!!!!! But I will say it again. Armin Van Buren is a great DJ. I just hate trance!!!!

Whoa butt whip, did u not see that I said Armin is a great DJ, just not in my eyes. I can have an opinion, and my opinion is that trance is crap. I dont care who is spinnin it. So shut ur face, dont get mad at someones opinion. Move to Europe and youll hear all the trance you want. There is a reason Corbar has House DJ's 9 times out 10, because Amercian people like House better, than your faced paced, melodies instead of beats crap. The only way to dance to that crap is to hop up and down, like all the trance listeners do. please take a dance lesson or 2 you trance listeners, your hard to look at when your doin your Trance Bounce making a fool of yourself. And I will bet that Armin will get no where near as many people as Boris, Roger Sanchez, Deep Dish, or even Ralph Falcon for that matter. So please just listen to your crap trance any SHUT UP!!!!! But I will say it again. Armin Van Buren is a great DJ. I just hate trance!!!!

Cmon man, Trance isnt as unpopular as you think, House maybe more popular in NY but Trance still has a large following. Ferry Corsten is a resident DJ at Crobar now for gods sake. In the last year or two there has been a huge increase in Trance DJs coming to NY, just look at all the posts on this board, they may not be as noticed as House posts are, but they are nontheless a significant number. You can usually find one Trance DJ a week these days at one of the clubs. Plus dude, you are completely ripping people who like Trance, how can that be respectful of other people tastes?! ("please take a dance lesson or 2 you trance listeners, your hard to look at when your doin your Trance Bounce making a fool of yourself"). Man, thats why this board can suck at times, everyones a goddam hater!

Cmon man, Trance isnt as unpopular as you think, House maybe more popular in NY but Trance still has a large following. Ferry Corsten is a resident DJ at Crobar now for gods sake. In the last year or two there has been a huge increase in Trance DJs coming to NY, just look at all the posts on this board, they may not be as noticed as House posts are, but they are nontheless a significant number. You can usually find one Trance DJ a week these days at one of the clubs. Plus dude, you are completely ripping people who like Trance, how can that be respectful of other people tastes?! ("please take a dance lesson or 2 you trance listeners, your hard to look at when your doin your Trance Bounce making a fool of yourself"). Man, thats why this board can suck at times, everyones a goddam hater!

I would not have been a hater, if someone didnt tell me to go fuck myself for simple voicing my opinion.

Trance is the #1 genere of EDM in the world just like soccer is the #1 sport in the world...

so get over it Haters

yea but I can care less about the world. I care about the USA.

Like I said If u like trance Go to Europe, you will find no haters there.

House is # 1 in the greatest country in the world.

So God Bless the USA, and of course House Music

Let trance stay overseas where it belongs, along with you.

:finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:

Are you trying to be funny? Just shut up and keep your idiotic thoughts to yourself, typical ignoramous.

You're the one that said Trance needs to stay in Europe and out of the U.S.A. It's totally fine if you don't like Trance music. But to say that Trance music doesn't belong in America or that it should not be here is retarded. If you don't like that type of music, fine don't go to it. But as long as Americans like myself pack clubs to see great trance dj's the music is here to stay in America, and there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. By the way check out the trance dj's that are lined to perform in places like Dallas and Chicago. It's amazing, Trance has a huge U.S following and is here to stay in this country.

And to Prove it, upcoming Trance DJ's into the NYC area:

Nu Nrg, Perry O'Neill

Armin Van Buren

Ferry Corsten (monthly residency at crobar)

Paul Van Dyk

Tiesto

Also, unlike you, I don't hate house music or wish it away from America. I love Deep Dish, DT, Erick Morrillo, etc...and always try to make it when they perform, however there are alot of, in my opinion, crap house dj's out there like Boris and JP, and I would never go when they perform but again they have a following, and those people have a right to listen to those dj's perform in NY as well.

You're the one that said Trance needs to stay in Europe and out of the U.S.A. It's totally fine if you don't like Trance music. But to say that Trance music doesn't belong in America or that it should not be here is retarded. If you don't like that type of music, fine don't go to it. But as long as Americans like myself pack clubs to see great trance dj's the music is here to stay in America, and there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. By the way check out the trance dj's that are lined to perform in places like Dallas and Chicago. It's amazing, Trance has a huge U.S following and is here to stay in this country.

And to Prove it, upcoming Trance DJ's into the NYC area:

Nu Nrg, Perry O'Neill

Armin Van Buren

Ferry Corsten (monthly residency at crobar)

Paul Van Dyk

Tiesto

Also, unlike you, I don't hate house music or wish it away from America. I love Deep Dish, DT, Erick Morrillo, etc...and always try to make it when they perform, however there are alot of, in my opinion, crap house dj's out there like Boris and JP, and I would never go when they perform but again they have a following, and those people have a right to listen to those dj's perform in NY as well.

Yes you made all very valid points. But you have to admit so do I. A great house DJ will always bring a lot, and I mean a lot more people than any great trance DJ. Its just the way it is. You listed 5 trance dj's. Why dont you name the house DJ's that are gonna be in the NYC area. I bet you the list at least triples. But I will say it again AVB IS A GREAT DJ, hes just not for me.

you put the #1 house Dj and the #1 trance dj at a club and see who draws more.. def the trance dj.. tiesto or pvd at a club against any house dj and they will clearly outdraw!!!

I am def a trance head but not hating on house. I listen to boris and peters and am not hating on them i def have good times those nights but when avb spins he rips down the house.. seen him at crobar, roxy, in miami, in vegas... he just rips the house down no comparison!!!!

viva la trance

I agree with alot of what you said except the stmt that trance music belongs in europe or that dj's like avb have no place in America. Trance dj's like avb and pvd are packing clubs not only in nyc but in plaves like dallas, denver, chicago, etc. In fact one of the great things about the music scene in America, esp inNew york, is that I can go to crobar and listen to a great house dj like roger sanchez and then go back 5 days later to listen to a great trance dj like avb. So the only problem i have with your message is that you saying that trance music is unpopular or that trance dj's have no place in New York or America.

bro u need to shut the fuck up thou.....trance is worldwide u dont need to b in europe to listen to trance, just like i dont need to b in the US to listen to House music, but seriously as much as i love house i also LOVE trance and i cant believe an ass like u can b makin such idiotic comments like that, get over urself seriously, and if u dont fuckin like trance then maybe u should stay off this thread instead of makin stupid comments like u did ,grow the fuck up already.....