Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ultra Reviews!!!!!!!

All this seems very ravish. I mean I do attend the Battery Park EDM events, but that's about it. Something about dancing outside and being in tents makes me feel like a raver all over again. If I'm going to get my groove on, I think I'd rather be in a nice & classy (if there is one anymore)club.

I'd feel way too old and out of place at these Ultra events I think. Maybe in Miami it might feel a little more normal.

I don't know...just my two cents.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow im so happy i didnt go to this..... by the way i just wanna say as bad as some of this turned out there really is no excuse for the way this was handled.....i mean throwin an event such as ULTRA in one of the most known places in the world (NYC for fuck sakes) they should've invested more time before actually throwing this event(that would've helped built up the line up a bit more) i mean look at ID&T when they decided to throw Sensation in Germany and Belgium, which was the first time ID&T decided to throw events in both places , it turned out real good bcause the management and the organization knew the deal and they knew that these sort of events needed to keep their good reputation with the original ones, so no im sorry to say that Ultra probably did not do a good job at throwing this party.... :no::no:

wow im so happy i didnt go to this..... by the way i just wanna say as bad as some of this turned out there really is no excuse for the way this was handled.....i mean throwin an event such as ULTRA in one of the most known places in the world (NYC for fuck sakes) they should've invested more time before actually throwing this event(that would've helped built up the line up a bit more) i mean look at ID&T when they decided to throw Sensation in Germany and Belgium, which was the first time ID&T decided to throw events in both places , it turned out real good bcause the management and the organization knew the deal and they knew that these sort of events needed to keep their good reputation with the original ones, so no im sorry to say that Ultra probably did not do a good job at throwing this party.... :no::no:

you are a moron... no offense.. build up the lineup... the lineup was pretty solid and they've been planning this night for months!! the preplanning might even go back a year who knows... booking central park isnt something you do in a months notice... bottomline.. you really cant talk smack about somethign you werent part of... it's not utra's fault the weather was so shitty and the venue was so small..

arg i was all over.. towards the end i was to the right of the stage if you were facing it... the middle i was back left.. who knows.. i didnt see ya though..

ok so it wasn't as wasn't as well staged as a european festival, the tents were hot and the beer line was long. the fact that i could see a lineup like this on a friday afternoon in central park made it all worthwhile. hope they can build on it for next year.

you are a moron... no offense.. build up the lineup... the lineup was pretty solid and they've been planning this night for months!! the preplanning might even go back a year who knows... booking central park isnt something you do in a months notice... bottomline.. you really cant talk smack about somethign you werent part of... it's not utra's fault the weather was so shitty and the venue was so small..

arg i was all over.. towards the end i was to the right of the stage if you were facing it... the middle i was back left.. who knows.. i didnt see ya though..

dude..... ur jokin right? im not sayin the lineup was shitty, it was good but they could've added more headliners, i mean look at it this way they only started promoting for it right b4 Ultra Miami was goin to start, so i knew it would end up like this newayz.... and im not hating on the party at all , its just dissapointing to hear things like this when u have such a major organization throwing it, and no i wasn't there, if u would have read what i said at the beginning....

so who's set was the business? sounds like DT didnt do his thing in 2 hours.

did oakey kick it? he can do 2 hours festival stylee.

what about morillo? his 2005 disco jams are speaking to the people...

went to derrick carter at spirit, 1 of best sets i heard all year...more soon my brian be scambled.

dude..... ur jokin right? im not sayin the lineup was shitty, it was good but they could've added more headliners, i mean look at it this way they only started promoting for it right b4 Ultra Miami was goin to start, so i knew it would end up like this newayz.... and im not hating on the party at all , its just dissapointing to hear things like this when u have such a major organization throwing it, and no i wasn't there, if u would have read what i said at the beginning....

who cares when they started promoting it?? they sold out of tickets anyway.. promoting was just fine..

more headliners?? each headliner had like an hour to two hours to perform... how many more headliners do you wanna throw in there?? there's only so much space... and also only so much time...

central park closes at ten.. do you think ultra said we only wanna do a 5.5 hour party?? isnt wmc ultra like 10-12 hours long?? if this event was 10-12 hours long then maybe they would had more headliners but there's no point to get 10-15 headliners to each get on stage and play 7-10 tracks each

also i knew you didnt go to the party.. thats why i said you shouldn't really talk shit when you werent part of it..

who cares when they started promoting it?? they sold out of tickets anyway.. promoting was just fine..

more headliners?? each headliner had like an hour to two hours to perform... how many more headliners do you wanna throw in there?? there's only so much space... and also only so much time...

central park closes at ten.. do you think ultra said we only wanna do a 5.5 hour party?? isnt wmc ultra like 10-12 hours long?? if this event was 10-12 hours long then maybe they would had more headliners but there's no point to get 10-15 headliners to each get on stage and play 7-10 tracks each

also i knew you didnt go to the party.. thats why i said you shouldn't really talk shit when you werent part of it..

i care when they start promotin it..... im not gonna waste 60 or a 100 bucks over an event thats just been decided over a few months and no im not talkin shyt, im just basing my opinion on what my friends told me when they were there, refering back to ur statement thou, if central park closes at ten then maybe it would have been more logical to have the parties elsewhere like randall island? plus what do u think is the purpose of ULTRA?.....to have many DJ's spin different genres of EDM in one area for more then 1 or 2 hours, the original event itself is elongated so yea of course im gonna agree with the idea that they could've brought more line up hence the fact they would've changed locations, i mean its been done b4 in NYC just check all the major Boo Events at Randalls Islland like back few years ago, and they had some serious headliners too, so yes u think i might b bitchin but its tru.

lol Im understanding people less and less these days.

Oldtime I agree with everything you said. I wasnt there either (unfortuneatley!!) but Ive been to the last 5 ultras in miami. People whine about everything (and always will). As far as I can tell the only thing that sounds shitty was the sound got fd up.. and that sucks bad.. but some of these other criticisms make me laugh. Hell it could be 2 djs at Ultra, but as long as they bring it I could care less. How long ago did people loose site of the idea of the party? I dont know.

Ultra is and will be somewhat mainstream and have that lack of good organization.. they always have from my experience, but really so have any massive parties Ive been to. If you been to Ultra miami and you want to party, the 3 things that really matter in the end is the crowd and the djs vibe/presence.. and the safety of eachother, the rest is just details. My only complaints from 5 years of Ultras is that Tiestos performance SUCKED this year (huge let down - Oakey had a nice set! - Chembros2 years ago was mindblowing) and the barrage of blatant undercover cops can bug you out.

Also parties in america will never be like other countries ever again.. the cops hate house music and we are lucky to have anything at all now.. anyway, i apologive for the rant.. peace

anthony???

lol Im understanding people less and less these days.

Oldtime I agree with everything you said. I wasnt there either (unfortuneatley!!) but Ive been to the last 5 ultras in miami. People whine about everything (and always will). As far as I can tell the only thing that sounds shitty was the sound got fd up.. and that sucks bad.. but some of these other criticisms make me laugh. Hell it could be 2 djs at Ultra, but as long as they bring it I could care less. How long ago did people loose site of the idea of the party? I dont know.

Ultra is and will be somewhat mainstream and have that lack of good organization.. they always have from my experience, but really so have any massive parties Ive been to. If you been to Ultra miami and you want to party, the 3 things that really matter in the end is the crowd and the djs vibe/presence.. and the safety of eachother, the rest is just details. My only complaints from 5 years of Ultras is that Tiestos performance SUCKED this year (huge let down - Oakey had a nice set! - Chembros2 years ago was mindblowing) and the barrage of blatant undercover cops can bug you out.

Also parties in america will never be like other countries ever again.. the cops hate house music and we are lucky to have anything at all now.. anyway, i apologive for the rant.. peace

well maybe if u posted more often on TranceAddict u would know wat im talkin about.................................. but i guess thats not the case, newayz i might sound like im whining but to b honest with u i could care less, im just tryin to make a conversation and prove a couple of points, in the end i could have gone to the biggest events i wanted to such as the Street Parade in Zurich which is ten times bigger then this or Trance energy, love parade but newayz in the end i guess it ultimately is about the vibe and if u had fun then good for u, all i know is that i wouldnt have gone as far as spending so much money on an event like this, waste of money in my opinion

i care when they start promotin it..... im not gonna waste 60 or a 100 bucks over an event thats just been decided over a few months and no im not talkin shyt, im just basing my opinion on what my friends told me when they were there, refering back to ur statement thou, if central park closes at ten then maybe it would have been more logical to have the parties elsewhere like randall island? plus what do u think is the purpose of ULTRA?.....to have many DJ's spin different genres of EDM in one area for more then 1 or 2 hours, the original event itself is elongated so yea of course im gonna agree with the idea that they could've brought more line up hence the fact they would've changed locations, i mean its been done b4 in NYC just check all the major Boo Events at Randalls Islland like back few years ago, and they had some serious headliners too, so yes u think i might b bitchin but its tru.

please, for the love of god, do not compare ultra parties to stuck on earth parties ever again... ive been to 2 boo parties and a bunch of soe parties.. the last one on randall's island back in 2002 and the party that was in the asbury park convention center.. both were decent parties and i had great times at both but you really cant compare east coast rave lineups to ultra lineups.. c'mon now.. the only headliner from stuck on earth parties to hold a candle to ultra party headliners is ritm and MAYBE chris lawrence..

First off Nelo why are you comparing this to anything in the UK that was not the point. You have more than free reign to compare UMF to any other festival but not this one. Sorry this was an experiment....do you know how we mourn the loss of events like BOO and I Have a Dream the way they used to be. This was to start something. Try not to be so damn judgemental. 5000+ Electronic music fans came out and supported. No excuses can be made about the MYLO live performance he is a awesome guy about the whole thing and ripped the room apart at Crobar after.

Fact is a neccessary converter for UK equipment to US voltage was not there. Something that was unfixable at that point. I hope people understand that events like this support a greater cause for this kind of music. We aren't on the Radio, MTV doesn't plays our videos, and we live in a hip hop nation.

Again one small step for electronica......

Feel free to bash I was proud that people and so many organizations came together to try to expose our music to NYC in a positive way.

expected reply from someone who promoted the event...

It was ok overall. It didn't compare to the one in Miami, but I knew that was gonna happen. The Ultra tent was the best...Danny ripped it. But I couldn't stay in that area for too long because it was just way too hot, especially when morillo came on. They def should've had the main arena.

Nice meeting elevated flow. I had fun w/ argdiesel, and Mike. I'll see u guys at DT's Halloween party!

WERD UP!!

First off Nelo why are you comparing this to anything in the UK that was not the point. You have more than free reign to compare UMF to any other festival but not this one. Sorry this was an experiment....do you know how we mourn the loss of events like BOO and I Have a Dream the way they used to be. This was to start something. Try not to be so damn judgemental. 5000+ Electronic music fans came out and supported. No excuses can be made about the MYLO live performance he is a awesome guy about the whole thing and ripped the room apart at Crobar after.

Fact is a neccessary converter for UK equipment to US voltage was not there. Something that was unfixable at that point. I hope people understand that events like this support a greater cause for this kind of music. We aren't on the Radio, MTV doesn't plays our videos, and we live in a hip hop nation.

Again one small step for electronica......

Feel free to bash I was proud that people and so many organizations came together to try to expose our music to NYC in a positive way.

I only went there for one reason, and that was Chemical Brothers and they where worth every penny I paid. Love when they started it off with hey boy hey girl and the lights for golden path where hot, block rockin beats was hands down my fave though, with the silhouette of the guy dancin in the back.

Anyway, I think it was ok overall. They def fucked up a lot on the main stage with the numerous sound probs and Chem Bros where the only ones that rocked it truly on that stage, and even then the second half, the visual was fucked up durin their second half performance.

I'm amazed how unorganized it was considering the time they had to plan it. I dont beleive that crap about switchin from euro power plugs to american, cuz its not the first time and ppl should just know.

I only went into the tent for DT for a few, and he was impressive.

Overall I dont think it was that bad, Chemical Brothers where the ultimate highlight, they dont come around here often and that was a fuckin treat.

What i'm really happy about is that it sold out, that will show the city events like this are a positive thing. I'm hoping next time it will be bigger and better. Also a diff area, i'm thinking Flushing Meadows, few heads kept suggesting Randalls Island but I dunno about that.

must be a raver ;op