Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ultra Reviews!!!!!!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please, for the love of god, do not compare ultra parties to stuck on earth parties ever again... ive been to 2 boo parties and a bunch of soe parties.. the last one on randall's island back in 2002 and the party that was in the asbury park convention center.. both were decent parties and i had great times at both but you really cant compare east coast rave lineups to ultra lineups.. c'mon now.. the only headliner from stuck on earth parties to hold a candle to ultra party headliners is ritm and MAYBE chris lawrence..

bro, ur not reading wat i said......... i never compared Ultra parties to any of the BOO events, those are obviously 2 different parties and they are uncomparable, what i was sayin was if they had Ultra Ny where they had the BOO events (randalls island) it would have been much better size wise and in terms of more people comin to it, and hopefully once it gets to the point where it becomes a major event in NY they'll think of doin it at Central Park (the sheep meadow) where they had the Dave Mathew's concert

I had no gel nor A/X or Diesel clothes on, maybe they just had the idiot detector on at the gates, and that stopped him?

could be he had no ticket as well, ya know thats usually it to lol

i saw LOTS of guys go up and then be sent back. I guess they tried to just get a ticket or convince security. It was announced a few days before that the event had sold out and tickets where not even gonna be available at the event itself.

bro, ur not reading wat i said......... i never compared Ultra parties to any of the BOO events, those are obviously 2 different parties and they are uncomparable, what i was sayin was if they had Ultra Ny where they had the BOO events (randalls island) it would have been much better size wise and in terms of more people comin to it, and hopefully once it gets to the point where it becomes a major event in NY they'll think of doin it at Central Park (the sheep meadow) where they had the Dave Mathew's concert

Didn't Cream try to bring Creamfields to NY the other year (can't remember where that was going to be held), but ticket sales were weak, so they had to cancel it?

Starting off at this scale was the sensible thing to do based on that result - things can always grow and get bigger and better next year.

LMFAO,

do you guys really think i would pay $60 for that crap :laugh:

I knew it would bomb and it did.

Could you image a rolling stones concert (which was 60 bucks for the cheap seats as well) and the band saying

"sorry but we can only play two songs due to technical issues"

or "sorry but someone forgot to get the proper UK to USA electrical convertor"

Heads would roll, refunds would be given, and people would be FIRED.

But this is the EDM scene, no one gets fired, no one complains, and whoever is behind ultra is laughing all the freaking way to the bank.

just a problem with most ravers views, they're typically about quantity over quality and figure all events MUST be just like every other rave since the beginning o.O

so not tru...... and trust me i would know considering there have been many small underground events in NY,CT most of them are small 200-300 people parties, no one cares, the reason i mentioned all those events was because im actually from europe but live in the states and my family lives an hour away from switzerland's Street parade, and i hate to say it but now ur just being stereotypical bcuz thats not even really tru, i appreciate events if they are small or big as long as their well put together, which wasnt so much the case for Ultra Ny

Damn straight i'm being stereotypical, I used to be a raver, I know whats up.

As for Ultra in NYC, bombing, hardly. It wasn't the greatest shit since pussy but it wasn't bad for a frist event of its kind in NYC. They did it small to be safe and sold out, grabbed headliners locals are familiar with and tossed in a hell of a major headliner.

Chem Bros on tour cost the same to see, I paid 50 beans, got to hear some DT which I never heard before and was impressed and a few others that I never really pay mind to, that played their hearts out. The main stage was the only real prob and that seriously does suck, but like I said, I wasn't there for them. I was there for Chem Bros and they delivered it proper.

In central park, surrounded by trees and the city itself.

Granted its not as big or proper as other events world wide, but as a first for NYC, baby steps to something greater I hope.

I think the tennis stadium would be best for an event like this. Alot of individual lil area's and a few main stages .. i think if they really looked closely at this they could do something really great in there.

i think they could pull it off proper in Flushing Meadows park, that place is huge, easy parking and transportation. Crikes, not everything has to be in NYC or bordering it.

Well, this was my first time at an Ultra event after I got inspired when I saw the the Ultra Miami 2004 DVD. I was a bit disheartened when I first saw how small the Rumsey Playfield venue was, and the sound issues at the main stage were inexcuseable, but I had a REALLY good time. It didn't make any sense though that the most bass you heard the whole time was from the Ultra tent, and it prettymuch kept drowning out the main stage. Which is why my buddy and I stayed mostly in the Ultra tent! :beer:

MAN, that tent was OFF THE HOOK. Although unbearably hot, and EXTREMELY packed with people, it was the highlight of the show, before my boys, The Chemical Brothers came out. Man, once they came out, that was all she wrote for me. They are the main reason I got into electronic music, and they didn't dissappoint me AT ALL. They played ALL of my favorites by them except "3 Little Birdies Down". They pretty much ripped it, like I imagined they would so I have no major complaints.

You guys might have seen me. I was one of the few black guys there (haha), and I had on the bright red "Kenshin" shirt, and was dancing my ass off in front of the Ultra tent when The Chemical Brothers were on stage. haha.

I also went to Club Crobar Ultra After Party. Although I was damn near exhausted from walking around New York (my buddy and I had got there from Baltimore Friday morning), going to Ultra, then walking/subway to Crobar, we STILL had a good time and danced our asses off. The girls were FINE, everyone at Ultra, and Crobar stayed positive and for the most part friendly.

If I had a REAL MAIN gripe about Ultra New York was the rudeness of the security people when we were in line at the start. They were very nasty to people and didn't create a friendly atmosphere AT ALL. Also, Ultra SHOULD HAVE PUT ON THEIRE WEBSITE WHAT COULD, AND COULD NOT BE BROUGHT INTO THE VENUE.

As people started going in, everyone was being told they couldn't bring in cameras, umbrellas, or glow sticks. Everyone had WTF looks on there faces. I guess they changed their minds later cause I saw ALL those things in the venue later. Anyway, now I'm waiting for Miami. It will be my first time there, but that is the BIG ONE. Can't wait, and I'm sorry for typing this book.

It's a learning process for Ultra as far as an event in NYC.....when it first started in South Beach it was on a small beach and now look at it in a huge park with thousands of EDM fans.....I do however agree with the Tech issues regardless the acts got paid but I know in dance music DJ's love to rock out and display what they have for the audience....From what I heard about the Ultra this past year in Miami DT wasn't too impressed so I'm happy he gave it another shot in NYC and was able to be in the smaller tent rather than the main stage because Danny would have been pissed if he could have not played his full 2 hours with the proper sound....Till next year....

you are so right. i love small and big events!! i am from miami and i went to ny just for ultra. was not at all what i expected. never like ultra miami. wich i wasent expecting either cuz there is nothing like that. but what a mission to get something to drink!!!and to see my favorite dj MORILLO it was just to hot in there u just coudent breath. i have to say ultra does it perfect in miami in regards to being organized but there wasent anything organized about this!! thou i have to give it to chemical brothers that was great and morillo even thou i didnt get to enjoy it to much it was still great!! not what i expected but worth the trip.

LMFAO,

do you guys really think i would pay $60 for that crap :laugh:

I knew it would bomb and it did.

Could you image a rolling stones concert (which was 60 bucks for the cheap seats as well) and the band saying

"sorry but we can only play two songs due to technical issues"

or "sorry but someone forgot to get the proper UK to USA electrical convertor"

Heads would roll, refunds would be given, and people would be FIRED.

But this is the EDM scene, no one gets fired, no one complains, and whoever is behind ultra is laughing all the freaking way to the bank.

because 90% of the morons @ the park r high of their fucking asses and wouldnt know the difference between tech and gabber....as long as there is a beat theyre good....no complaints....