Clubplanet Nightlife Community

David Waxman @ Crobar, Sat 10/8

Saturday, October 8th

Main Room: David Waxman

Reed Room: Utopia Parkway with DJ Johnny Dynell

Prop Room: DJ Degree

House of Wax presents Drumbeat.

David Waxman began his career at the renowned Roxy, which led to various New York guest appearances at colossal clubs such as Limelight and The Palladium. A few years later, he joined Junior Vasquez as a resident at the legendary Twilo. His DJ sets have been acclaimed by top dance music magazines like Musik, Mix Magazine and Mixer. Tonight in the Reed Room, Chi Chi Valenti and Johnny Dynell celebrate their weekly themed party, “Utopia Parkwayâ€. DJ Degree holds down the Prop Room with hip-hop and R&B.

$20 advance / $30 door

http://www.wantickets.com/Function/event/eventdetail.asp?e_id=14445&ref=cp

The one good thing about Waxman spinning at crobar is that it gives me no desire to go out that night at all, it gives me a needed break from the lifestyle normal people call clubbing. So yes let him keep his once every 2 months night. Because that will always be my break week.

Thanks David for being so shitty.

I never met a single David Waxman fan here in Florida. Not in Ft.Lauderdale and not in Miami. I agree that Crobar should have higher standards. I saw Deep Dish there and it was amazing. That room deserves at least a decent DJ.

His Saturday nights @ Crobar are by far the worst compared to any other Saturdays (number's wise) something like 1500 people less!!

I guess sucking the music director's c*ck goes a long way over at Crobar.

:swallow:

I do respect everyone's musical preferences and realize that people may have had different experiences... anyway: I went on a "High Expectations" date to Crobar once, and the theme was "House of Wax". My date later said she hasn't had this much fun dancing since her college days; she actually commented on how great the music was and that she was pleased it wasn't insane trance or, could have been worse: hip-hop.

Personally I also thought the music was very good, but Crobar does get extremely overcrowded around 2 AM. So whoever is *NOT* going there Saturday would do me a huge favor by contributing to the availability of breathing space there, especially since I'm bringing 7 people with me :)

Have you heard anybody else besides him. Compared to anyone else that spins at crobar, Waxman looks like a baby playing with a jack in the box

people ive heard at crobar

Boris

Morales

Tiefschwartz (disgraceland)

Waxman

Exacta

Mike Whitemore

Belini

Sanchez

Victor Calderone

Sasha

Digweed

Lawler

Tenaglia

Junior (disgraceland)

Jamez Zabiela

Sander Kleinenberg

hotmusic, who the fuck are oyu to tell me about my credibility you fuckin boxed wanker. i like dave waxman and thats it. why dont you suck on boring boriss balls you fuckin ny guido. piss off you and your wack ass boring pots and pans tribal that is recycled tribal from about 4 years ago.

people ive heard at crobar

Boris

Morales

Tiefschwartz (disgraceland)

Waxman

Exacta

Mike Whitemore

Belini

Sanchez

Victor Calderone

Sasha

Digweed

Lawler

Tenaglia

Junior (disgraceland)

Jamez Zabiela

Sander Kleinenberg

hotmusic, who the fuck are oyu to tell me about my credibility you fuckin boxed wanker. i like dave waxman and thats it. why dont you suck on boring boriss balls you fuckin ny guido. piss off you and your wack ass boring pots and pans tribal that is recycled tribal from about 4 years ago.

Hey bro if you like Waxman thats awesome, its all opinion. If he does it for ya, that great, I can never knock a mans opinion. Have fun at his night, I wish I could

If your into cheesy commercial dance mixes like Mynt ft. Kim Sozzi, Dj Sammy, Dht, Kelly Clarkson, Ryan Cabrera ect... ect...ect..

In a mostly empty room....he's your guy...enjoy!!!

:aright:

kisses!

Have u ever heard him play? If u have u would know he doesnt play that KTU crap. Also, if you judge a DJ only on how many people their promoters bring in, u must be a big boris fan! :lame:

Heard him play countless times over the years ..unfortunately. Including Twilo days when he used to open up for Jr. If you got there early you would be bored out of your mind until Jr. came on @ around 5. Place would be dead with no VIBE.

Check out the music he chooses to release on Ultra Records

DJ Sammy

Mynt. fet. Kim Sozzi

(can't get any more commercial)

Stop bringing up Boris...nobody mentioned him!!(DEFINITELY NOT A FAN )

I'll be there for Calderone (some real talent at least)

Crobar needs to bring real talent in EVERY WEEK ..NYC would be a better place for it.

Heard him play countless times over the years ..unfortunately. Including Twilo days when he used to open up for Jr. If you got there early you would be bored out of your mind until Jr. came on @ around 5. Place would be dead with no VIBE.

DJ Sammy

Mynt. fet. Kim Sozzi

Crobar needs to bring real talent in EVERY WEEK ..NYC would be a better place for it.

what does ultra records have to do with him djing? just because he works there? yeah they release commercial stuff, but theyre like the largest dance label out there. They also have timo maas and armand van helden and armin van buuren. I heard sander k is now on ultra too. waxmans not my favorite dj, but he is good and has talent. he just dosent play 1 style all night like victor or sasha.

what does ultra records have to do with him djing? just because he works there? yeah they release commercial stuff, but theyre like the largest dance label out there. They also have timo maas and armand van helden and armin van buuren. I heard sander k is now on ultra too. waxmans not my favorite dj, but he is good and has talent. he just dosent play 1 style all night like victor or sasha.

Yep, Sander K. and Lee Burridge are coming out w/ a double CD set on Ultra which will be released later this month. It def. isn't one of those cheesy compilations, however. Can't wait till he's back in town on the 21st.

DJ Sammy

Mynt. fet. Kim Sozzi

No offense but if I remember correctly Waxman was on the decks the minute Twilo got shut down. Not sure if this is bad Karma, but personally I never liked his music style anyways. Crobar brings lots of good DJs from time to time. Not sure Waxman fits that category.

Everyone is entittled to their own opinion. This is mine...

I was there on Sat to see him and I have to disagree with all you. I think for the most part Waxman threw down a nice set. I duno, maybe it was just the drugs. Or maybe he heard all the haters in here. He played some hard beats with no trance. Good stuff :bounce:

Yes Mike that is very possible he was good. But compared to other DJ's that spin in the city, He is like a child playing with his new boom box. But again its all opinion, and if you had a good time, more power to you. Cause thats what it all about.

I was there on Sat to see him and I have to disagree with all you. I think for the most part Waxman threw down a nice set. I duno, maybe it was just the drugs. Or maybe he heard all the haters in here. He played some hard beats with no trance. Good stuff :bounce:

i was there on sat. night. i have to agree his set was not bad.. i was going in thinking it was going to be no good due to this thread.. but i gave it a chance.. i really liked the tribal part of his set.. was dancing like a mad man... but i also have to agree with rayray69.. in that it was a good time indeed but something was missing.. the vibe was ok, the show was pretty good, good # of hot women, but he would throw a couple of bombs on, were i thought the place was going to go crazy witch it did but then he did not keep that pace up... overall i had a good time.. and i would rate it a 6.5/7 for what i know crobar can be like..