Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what does 330 million get you?

jtk4

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm staring at the Yankees' payroll -- $203 million, including $46.5 million paid to pitchers who aren't even on the postseason roster (Kevin Brown, Carl Pavano, Jaret Wright, Steve Karsay, Mike Stanton, Paul Quantrill and Felix Rodriguez).

They had three designated hitters on the team -- Jason Giambi, Ruben Sierra and Bernie Williams -- making about a combined $27 million. But they had no center fielder.

Their $25 million MVP candidate knocked in zero runs in the series and grounded into a double play in the ninth inning.

Their $8 million left fielder left eight runners on base in this game. Of course, he's one of the lower-paid players on the team."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=second/guessing/2005

complete dismantling of the Yankees.

just wait and see

I don't see that happening. They are gonna need a new center fielder and some bullpen help. Yanks didn't lose this series b/c of lack of talent, they just seriously underachieved. Sheffield, A-Rod, and Matsui were great during the regular season, but were terrible during the playoffs. If everyone just played like they did the last few wks. of the regular season, they would have won.

I wouldn't mess w/ their starting rotation. Maybe make a deal for A.J. Burnett if possible; but the combination of Randy, Moose, Chacon, Wang, and Pavano should be one of the better rotations in the league. Small could be a long reliever or fill in as a starter if any injuries occur.

arod's stats in the playoffs are unacceptable

i hope joe torre doesnt get fired

and they better resign godzilla

Maybe if Torre smiled more at his players it would help......oh and Arod was not the only with unacceptable numbers in the offseason, Matsui 0 for 9.....tsk tsk!!!!!

I don't see that happening. They are gonna need a new center fielder and some bullpen help. Yanks didn't lose this series b/c of lack of talent, they just seriously underachieved. Sheffield, A-Rod, and Matsui were great during the regular season, but were terrible during the playoffs. If everyone just played like they did the last few wks. of the regular season, they would have won.

I wouldn't mess w/ their starting rotation. Maybe make a deal for A.J. Burnett if possible; but the combination of Randy, Moose, Chacon, Wang, and Pavano should be one of the better rotations in the league. Small could be a long reliever or fill in as a starter if any injuries occur.

Randy and Moose are done...and who knows about Pavano and Wright? Other than Mariano, the bullpen is crap. You have lots of work to be done with your pitching

Maybe if Torre smiled more at his players it would help......oh and Arod was not the only with unacceptable numbers in the offseason, Matsui 0 for 9.....tsk tsk!!!!!

do you mean "post season'?

let the men discuss the sports and you go back to posting slutty pictures on the internet...tsk tsk!!!! :rolleyes:

do you mean "post season'?

let the men discuss the sports and you go back to posting slutty pictures on the internet...tsk tsk!!!! :rolleyes:

Nope, when in reference to The Crybabies.....I mean Offseason!!!!!!

Cause even though they make it to the postseason, its in vain!!!!!

Don't try!!!!

Nope, when in reference to The Crybabies.....I mean Offseason!!!!!!

Cause even though they make it to the postseason, its in vain!!!!!

Don't try!!!!

I'm not a Yankee fan but for you to say the Yankees making it to the postseason is in vain is pretty ignorant considering how many WS they have one. Not to mention 4 in the last 10 years

post your tits and STFU!!!

I'm not a Yankee fan but for you to say the Yankees making it to the postseason is in vain is pretty ignorant considering how many WS they have one. Not to mention 4 in the last 10 years

post your tits and STFU!!!

Ummmmmmm, again PAST TENSE honey........we are talking now and the past four years!!!!!!

Or History for that matter!!!!!

So yeah they had their time, so what happened???

Oh and you have mail!!!!

Ummmmmmm, again PAST TENSE honey........we are talking now and the past four years!!!!!!

Or History for that matter!!!!!

So yeah they had their time, so what happened???

Oh and you have mail!!!!

u actually sent him pics??

Damn u!!! lol

Yankees are finished long-term btw