Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paul Van Dyk Dj Mag Number 1 Dj In The World!

He's a Hard working Man, He really loves what he does and is a Pro @ it

Keep it Rocking:rock: PVD

This MF once Ripped SF up...what a night

I was there that nite. Best club nite ever for me personally. Too bad his music is wack now. Damn trance producers just aint cutting it no more. Seems to be all about House and Techno nowadays mostly anyways.

Then why are there trance dj's every week in new york spinning to packed clubs?

EDM music in general, whether it be techno, house, or trance is on the rise in the states.

Like the other posters said, PVD is an amazing Dj and I've had some of my best nights listening to his music. He deserves the award.

I agree that this poll doesn't hold much merit. It's nothing more than a popularity contest in which the majority of voters happen to be UK trance junkies which explains why 4 of the top 5 djs fall under the trance category. While I agree that PVD is certainly worthy of the top spot, some of the other rankings are laughable. For instance, Benny Benassi got ranked higher than Howells or DT.

just wondering... you guys that are bashing benny benassi.. have you ever heard his live sets or other productions? or are you just forming an opinion because one of his tracks blew up and made it into mainstream society??

Benny and his brother REALLY TURN IT OUT LIVE.... its no joke. They MAKE A PARTY GO NUTS!

I agree that this poll doesn't hold much merit. It's nothing more than a popularity contest in which the majority of voters happen to be UK trance junkies which explains why 4 of the top 5 djs fall under the trance category. While I agree that PVD is certainly worthy of the top spot, some of the other rankings are laughable. For instance, Benny Benassi got ranked higher than Howells or DT.

"dont say that its europeans voting only when some of those djs are american ie DT, morrilo etc etc some of these djs especially in the ny, nj area just plain and simple arent good, the sound they play might b good for them but on the world market it isnt considered good.." - Jon Henry

"dont say that its europeans voting only when some of those djs are american ie DT, morrilo etc etc some of these djs especially in the ny, nj area just plain and simple arent good, the sound they play might b good for them but on the world market it isnt considered good.." - Jon Henry

House (soul, funk, progressive, tribal) is great(BEING MY FAV AS WELL) but the worldwide market considers TRANCE the leader (EDM as far as commerical, sales, djs, events... worldwide... but in nyc and most cities in the US, house has a bigger following than anywhere else in the world.. i've seen this going on as im traveling alot lately, and its very easy to see. AS AMERICAN AS HOUSE, AS AMERICAN AS... APPLE PIE :-)

For instance, Benny Benassi got ranked higher than Howells or DT.

Benny released a slew of major hits last year not to mention is the reason why people like Howells started playing dirtier / electro tinged sets.

Besides DH last GU tanked in sales in the US.

It has to do with popularity of course. And your choice is your choice by your own opinion and preference. But there are numerous polls out there that reflect a lot of the same top 10.

I am bias but PvD deserved it above all. Last year the nomination for Best Electronic Album at the Grammys, Several Dancestar Awards, doing tons of charity events, and his great demeanor. Not to mention he is a genuine nice guy and a pioneer in the scene. I couldn't be more thrilled.

EDM is as commercial in Europe as hip hop is in the US.

Gangster rap was the most popular in recent years in the US. not everyone likes it but it had the most influence.

Trance EDM is the most popular in recent years in Europe. not everyone likes it but it has the most influence.

No surprise that the top 3 dj's are trance.

All I have to say is when PVD, Tiesto, or Armin comes into town the venue has a line around the block before 12. That shows that WE DO VOTE. Just cause your favorite DJ wasnt higher in the charts doesnt me nothing. Did anyone ever think of voting for your favorite dj cause like they say every vote COUNTS!

Victor Soto

FYI:

***From the DJ Mag website (its UK-based)

A staggering 123,933 dance music fans voted in DJmag's 2005 Top 100 DJs poll.

That's 33,000 more than last year and a true indication that dance music is still a massive global phenomenon.

The truly global reach of DJ culture was once again highlighted with votes coming in from 147 different countries.

The USA provided the most votes in 2005, closely followed by the UK, and then Germany.