Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What happened at Roxy?

Party ended at 4 am,I was walking up the block to hear Junior,sucks is that I bought my ticket in advance,hope I can get a refund.

I think it was WAAAYYY to packed. People were talking on line that they were going to shut it down..... I was there at like 1 AM, line was down to the west side highway, wrapped around.... biggest line out of any NYC club... Wasnt feeling the crowd either, hardly any females. :-(

Overall, this halloween was weak. City didnt seem like it had that energy last night, at least thats how I saw it...

u know junior brings a gay crowd right?

yeah, but everytime I ever heard him in twilo, for some reason it was more mixed. At least when I went... You have to understand, its been like 4-5 years since I been to a big city club. I dont have anything against the gay crowd, and if the line wasnt so long I might have just went in to hear junior spin. But after waiting there for like 30 minutes, with it not moving, I just wanted to and get drunk.....

i just wish twilo was still twilo, the one I use to go to. The NYC scene is not what it use to be :-( I mean, it sucks that juniors fans got jerked like that with the club closing at 4am...

i had a good time at crobar for rodger sanchez and cant beat $35 at the door and no line when i got there at like 245

I was gonna go there, but I dont really feel that house music for a halloween theme. Maybe on a regular night, but on halloween? They should have had another DJ mixing it up...

I was gonna go there, but I dont really feel that house music for a halloween theme. Maybe on a regular night, but on halloween? They should have had another DJ mixing it up...

i originally headed into the city thinking of going to avalon, but when i drove by the line was down 6th ave and going up the side street so i was like screw this, i aint waiting on line for 2 hours in 40 degree weather and then payin $60 to get in, so we headed down to crobar. $35 and got in in 5 min...cant beat that.

Party ended at 4 am,I was walking up the block to hear Junior,sucks is that I bought my ticket in advance,hope I can get a refund.

Let me tell you this was the poorest example of how to run a night club i have ever scene. I got there around 2 and waited in a short line, from walking in the door to checking my coat took an hour. There was no direction just masses of people. Got inside place was packed, not a lot of girls even for juniors usual crowd. Music was good, then all or a sudden at 5:15 am, or with the clocks going back 4:15; you hear thriller. I'm thinking this is weird to be playing now, the party is either just getting started or ending. Well it ended. The lights come on and everyone is just standing there f' up. Thank God i did not take anything.

After the shock of realizing the party was over, there is a mad rush to coat check. Anyone with brains in there head or sober just hung back at the dance floor. After about 45 mins security starts telling us we need to get out, there is still a mess of f'd up guys pushing and shoving to get there coats. It was just chaos

Finnally we get our coats and get out of the club

I think this was all Roxy, they never told anyone that the club was closing at 4am, btu they took the 40 bucks. They really should not just turn the lights on and be like ok now leave, especially in the winter with coat check

I would still check out junior jsut not at the roxy

I went to Roxy also, got there at 11:45pm only a small line, paid 40 and it wasn't that crowded. As the night went on it got pleasantly packed. I'm used to Juniors parties also and this party definitely had less girls than normal. Had a great time until Thriller came on and I realized things were about to end. There were no announcements made and then slowly the lights came on.

The security in there sucks and there was almost a stampede to get your coats. You would think if they needed to get everyone out at a certain time they would announce it earlier to avoid all that chaos.

I ended up going to Gypsy Tea for after hours and that place is way too small & hot.

So, I received this email from John Blair Promotions about what happened on Saturday night.... it reads:

We have received countless e-mails about Roxy closing it's doors at 4am this past Saturday, October 29. We are as upset as many of your were.

Roxy was closed down by the police dept. on FRIDAY, Oct. 28th at 10pm.

As it happened with Park and Lotus, the Police dept. had been sending undercover underage people to buy drinks. Most of the time they did not succeed but a few times they did.

The "Nuisance and Abatement" law gives them jurisdiction that enables them to close you down at any moment if you have 2 or more of these violations.

Roxy was able to get a Supreme Court Judge on Saturday, October 29th to counter that action by the police and allow us to open Saturday night, a miracle in itself. We did not know until late afternoon that we would even be open for the night.

We were told that we could not allow anyone under 21, or anyone without a valid government issued ID to enter the club, and that door would have to be closed at 4am. Shortly after, we sent you all an e-mail stating that we were open and that it was 21 and older.

Much later into the night, we were told that "door closed" meant lights on and EVERYBODY out of the building. Unfortunately it was way too late to do anything about it.

This whole situation forced us to let 2000 people out the door at the same time, which we considered unsafe and totally illogical. Coat check was overloaded with patrons trying to get their coats at the same time and, by having everybody leave the building at the same time, we caused unnecessary noise and inconvenience to our neighbors and patrons.

We are told that The Police Department wants all clubs in the area to be 21 and over and to be closed at 4am.

We look forward to meeting this week with the police and our attorneys and hopefully find a common ground that will be good for all.

Again, we're terribly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We have received a lot of emails asking why this happened, so there it is.

We moved Heaven and Earth to get open and have a great party.

It was indeed a great party! Unfortunately, not everything turned out the way we planned.

We will keep you informed as to how things progress.

Your support is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

John Blair.

PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to stop receiving our e-mails and promotions, simply hit "reply" and write "unsubscribe" in the subject field. To stop e-mails only, write "unsubscribe e-mail only" on the subject field! >

Me thinks that Bloomberg might have something to do with this ....

Bloomberg has very little to do with it...besides he has his hands tied with the election next week..

your reply is just another example of how ignorant and useless you really are..

why make these nonsense remarks with very little to no merit? you are way off mark like usual.

Bloomberg has very little to do with it...besides he has his hands tied with the election next week..

your reply is just another example of how ignorant and useless you really are..

why make these nonsense remarks with very little to no merit? you are way off mark like usual.

damn, this sucks. I think it was bloomberg. since guliani, NYC has had an extreme right wing republican administration. I mean, the cops themselves are so corrupted.

Under gulianis term, we have seen many clubs get shut down, yet when cops rape a black man with a plunger, he and they say nothing.... they shot a man going home 51 times, and the cops get off, but god forbid undercover sneak underage people in to buy a drink... oh thats it, shut the place down....

your old enough to go to war and die for your country, but god forbid you try to buy a drink......

I can only imagine the mess when PVD spins here in 2 weeks, hopefully the same bullshit doesn't occur or the organizers are able to change the venue.

Hvae you notice the time the party starts 9 pm,which leaves me to believe that the party will end around 4 am.

Let me tell you this was the poorest example of how to run a night club i have ever scene. I got there around 2 and waited in a short line, from walking in the door to checking my coat took an hour. There was no direction just masses of people. Got inside place was packed, not a lot of girls even for juniors usual crowd. Music was good, then all or a sudden at 5:15 am, or with the clocks going back 4:15; you hear thriller. I'm thinking this is weird to be playing now, the party is either just getting started or ending. Well it ended. The lights come on and everyone is just standing there f' up. Thank God i did not take anything.

After the shock of realizing the party was over, there is a mad rush to coat check. Anyone with brains in there head or sober just hung back at the dance floor. After about 45 mins security starts telling us we need to get out, there is still a mess of f'd up guys pushing and shoving to get there coats. It was just chaos

Finnally we get our coats and get out of the club

I think this was all Roxy, they never told anyone that the club was closing at 4am, btu they took the 40 bucks. They really should not just turn the lights on and be like ok now leave, especially in the winter with coat check

I would still check out junior jsut not at the roxy

Thank God i didnt go...sounds like when the cops raided tunnel one night in 97 i believe,everyone was getting crushed against the coat check counter from the pushing,few people passed out,it was a mess.when i walked out the door after somehow manu*****ng my body thank god im only 5'8 140 it felt like i had just left a tornado..ss for u guys that had to deal with that shit.ive said it a mil times and ill say it again...I LOATH the ROXY...they dont give 2 shits about people just take our money,dont even give us proper ventalation.its like a fucking hamster cage with a towel over it!!sorry Junya u know i luv u but for now this bitch is on the DL...hence 6's & 8's and Love.