Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The truth about trance:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you could substitute Tiesto for Danny Krivit or Tedd Paterson or any other DJ for that matter...

i'd love to see his response when he showed up to a danny krivit or VIBAL party that was packed to the brim and he had no room to dance.. im sure id see some hands in the air.:bowdown:

im just posting this cause i found it, has nothing to do with insecurities bout ymself or wanting to book cheesiestos for a party. Figured since everyone agree that the DJ MAG poll is a sham people would get this, yikes.

The DJ mag poll is a popularity contest, and nothing more. Tiesto got the most votes the past couple years, so he got rated number one. Does that mean that he's the best DJ? No. It means that he's the most popular. The guy sells out clubs all over the world, so you've gotta give him credit for that.

I don't even like trance, but this whole thread is really stupid. Try having a little bit more of an open mind, and realize that just b/c something isn't "underground" doesn't mean that it sucks. I think it's hilarious that when a DJ gets recognized for his/her hard work or produces a hit track, that a bunch of people start bitching that they sold out.

I like Trance, along with other things...like the post above says. But, cumon, that sh*t was funny. Even if you are one of those who go to see Tiesto or PVD like it is a concert. I do pay attention to the booth to see when the headliner comes on, but I go for more than just to see a face in the shadows.

The bottom line is you go to events like raves or bars w/ DJ's to do one thing...DANCE!

Mr. silverbull...I Have always backed you up on allot of things you have said and posted...But this is to Much Bro...I Love House, House Pays my bills, But I Guess Trance is a little to much for your narrowed mind...There's allot more to trance than you can dream of, Tiesto and PVD R Just the front Page of a very big book.... I Am Not hear to preach nor diss you...but keep these kind of shit to yourself bro cause you don’t know how stupid you look.

I like Trance, along with other things...like the post above says. But, cumon, that sh*t was funny. Even if you are one of those who go to see Tiesto or PVD like it is a concert. I do pay attention to the booth to see when the headliner comes on, but I go for more than just to see a face in the shadows.

The bottom line is you go to events like raves or bars w/ DJ's to do one thing...DANCE!

I thought it was funny to...but coming from Silverbull....he's trying to put trance down

I thought it was funny to...but coming from Silverbull....he's trying to put trance down

i'm very open minded to all geners of music but the fact is this...TRANCE IS THE #1 GENERE OF EDM.

It sells the most

Its appeals to wide audiance

its Festivals can't match up to that of a house festival

and like i stated in another thread...Trance is like Soccer, both are #1 in the world in their respected fields

the point is.. trance is mainstreem, real house and techno music is underground. its your choice which scene you want to be a part off but which ever one you pick theres no sense in goin around hatiung the other side.. jus say fuck um and go about your day real music will never be like trance and it will never be popular its meant to be underground and will always be that way.

the point is.. trance is mainstreem, real house and techno music is underground. its your choice which scene you want to be a part off but which ever one you pick theres no sense in goin around hatiung the other side.. jus say fuck um and go about your day real music will never be like trance and it will never be popular its meant to be underground and will always be that way.

the truth is, trance is not mainstream, dance music isn't even mainstream.

If you haven't noticed, dance music has been in a sharp decline from its glory years in the late 90's. All the clubs are closed down, none of the famous NY DJ's even have a residency, and its just not accepted as it once was...

I remember I use to hit out bars in LI or the city, and they would be playing dance music. Now, its all hip hop and reggaton.

go and drop a trance record today and see how quickly the floor will clear.

then go and drop ying yang twins new shake track and see how many people go and hit the dance floor and start grinding.

you have to understand, the argument is like beating a dead horse. People dont know the difference between trance, tribal, house,ect,ect... to them ITS ALL TECHNO. instead of fighting over the genre's, appreciate each one for what it is. The only thing with trace is its the most commercial accepted out of the dance sub-genre's.

also, about tiesto... then man opened up a DJ set for the olympics in Athens to a world audience of around 4 billion or so.he become the first entertainer of his kind to perform at the opening ceremony in the 108-year history of the Games give him some credit.

you know something, there is hardly any Dj's these days that play all types of dance music. When I go out, i want to hear TRANCE, TRIBAL, HOUSE, VOCALS, TECHNO... all mixed in throughout the night. The only Dj who can really do this with skill, that I have ever heard in my life, is Junior Vasquez.

not for nothing but it seems every other car commercial out there now has dnb or house in it.. i have yet to hear trance on a tv commercial..

Mr. silverbull...I Have always backed you up on allot of things you have said and posted...But this is to Much Bro...I Love House, House Pays my bills, But I Guess Trance is a little to much for your narrowed mind...There's allot more to trance than you can dream of, Tiesto and PVD R Just the front Page of a very big book.... I Am Not hear to preach nor diss you...but keep these kind of shit to yourself bro cause you don’t know how stupid you look.

Amen to that! That was probably one of the most stupid and arrogant posting yet. I cant understand why Trance is so hated by some, is it cause its the most popular EDM in the world and they are frustrated?! Please tell me why there is so much hate!

hEY HEY no hating now cmon, since this is a house/techno/trance music forum i posted this. Believe me i can laugh at myself and my music very easily and as soon as something is made like this about house i will post it. I guess posting something like this from me makes me look bad, but no sweat, i dont like trance but many people do, so freaking what. Weare all happy.

Before it gets out of hand, I would like to say that I don't think Silverbull started this post to say that trance sucks. The context of the comic strip seems to suggest not so much that trance sucks, but that the "brainwashing" element of DJ worship may or may not be so healthy.

Think we're all getting ahead of ourselves for chastising people who've got a right to their opinions.

I've read the comic strip carefully and I believe its tounge in cheek humor with an obvious message warning against DJ worship. Its like if South Park were to make fun of Christian music (which they did)

Do I agree with it? Some of it yes, some of it no. But it ain't no reason to get my panties in a twist.

I personally think a great party has a mix of seasoned partygoers, dj worshipers, trainspotters, posers, ,newbies and music lovers... but that's just me.

This sh*t is just comedy meant to spark debate. We've got the debate going but not sure we need the personal attacks here.

Maybe all the negative comments should be collected and sent via email to the author of the comic?

I'd be curious to hear what the author himself thinks of all this!

Dude it is a fuckin comic, he didnt make it up, all he did was post it.

Before it gets out of hand, I would like to say that I don't think Silverbull started this post to say that trance sucks. The context of the comic strip seems to suggest not so much that trance sucks, but that the "brainwashing" element of DJ worship may or may not be so healthy.

Think we're all getting ahead of ourselves for chastising people who've got a right to their opinions.

I've read the comic strip carefully and I believe its tounge in cheek humor with an obvious message warning against DJ worship. Its like if South Park were to make fun of Christian music (which they did)

Do I agree with it? Some of it yes, some of it no. But it ain't no reason to get my panties in a twist.

I personally think a great party has a mix of seasoned partygoers, dj worshipers, trainspotters, posers, ,newbies and music lovers... but that's just me.

This sh*t is just comedy meant to spark debate. We've got the debate going but not sure we need the personal attacks here.

Maybe all the negative comments should be collected and sent via email to the author of the comic?

I'd be curious to hear what the author himself thinks of all this!

Bro, I agree with you 100%, My Beef really is Who's post this came from, Silverbull an I Agree On a lot a shit and I Admire his dedication to the House scene but sometimes he has to degrade another style of music to make his point... I Made a few mistakes On this Board talking shit about other DJ's, and I regret it to a certain point cause Bro, I agree with you 100%, My Beef really is Who's post this came from, Silverbull an I Agree On a lot a shit and I Admire his dedication to the House scene but sometimes he has to degrade another style of music to make his point... I made a few mistakes on this Board talking shit about other DJ's, so I'm soory if I Pissed anybody

hEY HEY no hating now cmon, since this is a house/techno/trance music forum i posted this. Believe me i can laugh at myself and my music very easily and as soon as something is made like this about house i will post it. I guess posting something like this from me makes me look bad, but no sweat, i dont like trance but many people do, so freaking what. Weare all happy.

Bro, No Hate. You're My Boy!!!

:aright:

Bro, I agree with you 100%, My Beef really is Who's post this came from, Silverbull an I Agree On a lot a shit and I Admire his dedication to the House scene but sometimes he has to degrade another style of music to make his point... I Made a few mistakes On this Board talking shit about other DJ's, and I regret it to a certain point cause Bro, I agree with you 100%, My Beef really is Who's post this came from, Silverbull an I Agree On a lot a shit and I Admire his dedication to the House scene but sometimes he has to degrade another style of music to make his point... I made a few mistakes on this Board talking shit about other DJ's, so I'm soory if I Pissed anybody
you're worse though.. you go around pretending to know DJs while you photoshop pics with them

how lame is that