Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What it means to be "underground" (pacha related)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by jamezzz

Here is the explanation it is from dts website in his own words I wanna see RICH WOODS behind the bar @ Pacha!

Kerri, will Pacha hire me as Music Director? LOL

* I hope everyone here realizes and knows that I am not against Pacha.

Eric Morillo is one of the owners and is a friend of mine. He is a talented DJ, label owner and a very smart business man. He gets my full respect and support.

So, I ask in advance to Eric, Kerri, Rob and all others involved to forgive us here in advance for any and all negative post that seem that they might BE anti PACHA or anti anything regarding the venue.

We are ALL desperate for another Vinyl / Arc and Pacha is just gonna be at the top of the list now for underground heads like us that are starving for a NON GLAM environment to BE ourselves in.

Eric has asked me to play an event there. I am flattered and I never close a door to opportunity. However, my reply remains that I am not inetersted at this time as I wish Pacha and everyone well. I just don't like doing clubs that are so brand new and I prefer to wait and see what will become of the room and hear the reviews. Ya know, every new biz needs to iron out many kinks and takes some time for the dust to settle.

So, I am HAPPY that NY will have another Dance Venue. The more the merrier.

For now, I'm happy doing the dates I will continue to do at Spirit & Crobar.

I have something I am planning on a smaller scale as well for a date, and we'll see how it goes? No, it will not be a weekly residency. SUAVE!

* It will not BE @ Cielo either. No disrespect to Cielo, I like Cielo, the owner and their policies. Much respect for their roster and attitude.

I just don't think it's for me. We had a great time that one time, but I would be lying if I said it was great for me inside that miniscule DJ booth!

When your hand is on top of the light-man's hand while mixing something ain't right? The light guy has one foot in the booth and one outside? That's how small the booth is? Not much room for many records or CD books, etc.

No, I don't need the Grandest DJ Booths, but I'm sorry ...

Cielo gets a "10 out of 10" in everything they are about musically, etc.

On a scale of 1-10 for DJ booth, monitors, lightman area and comfort,

I only give them a (4) FOUR! (sorry) ...

After 30 years of doing this, I am not about to go in REVERSE!

I don't need the booth that Arc/Vinyl had either. A 7 out of 10 will do!

* this is not meant to be an anti Cielo post in any way! They get my full support and respect. The reason I just wrote all of this is because I get SOOOO many e-mail's suggesting that I play there and it's often mentioned on this board and I never replied ... until now. Please take it lightly.

In my VERY humble opinion, the DJ booth is extremely behind and I feel Cielo could and should do much better!

All my best to every club in NY and beyond. We're all in this together!

------------------------------------------------------------------->

It takes "courage" to grow up and turn out to BE who you really are.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by dt : 09 Nov-05 at 08:55 PM.

sounds like a fsn

So can we all agree that he started this thread to tell us that he is industry, and knows things us pee-ons dont? What was the point?

i dissagree. if u knew & NMN new him and needed help club wise, he would be the first person u would call if u think he could help. hes selfless in that aspect. hes always helpful to all those around him wether it be w/ information, advice ect.

Ohhhh, Look you we have here... Mr. Deepspel.... Bro I don't want Fight nobody I'm just tired of Mr. Silverbull and his nonsense...and I think you want to join the team

look brother, im just sticking up for a friend. if u have a problem w/ him why not take it up w/ him like a man instead of being a pussy? face to face? a fight was never mentioned. why are you implying that? why not meet him out somewhere and talk the differences over? does everything have to come to blows? i can see where your mentality rests. you obviously do think your a tough guy

i dissagree. if u knew & NMN new him and needed help club wise, he would be the first person u would call if u think he could help. hes selfless in that aspect. hes always helpful to all those around him wether it be w/ information, advice ect.

that's all fine and I'm sure you're 100% right...i just don't get THIS post. maybe you can explain it...why throw this out there and not fill us in on who he's talking about? doesn't make sense to me...

anyway, hopefully one day I will meet him and say what's up. maybe at one of your shows. i have no beef with the guy.

Maybe so, not disputing his knowledge at all.. U totally missed my point, and have gone off on a tagent b/c right now you are in the zone on defending gloves.

but why tell us all this shit about who he knows and what he knows, w/o telling us who it is?

Comprende.

Maybe so, not disputing his knowledge at all.. U totally missed my point, and have gone off on a tagent b/c right now you are in the zone on defending gloves.

but why tell us all this shit about who he knows and what he knows, w/o telling us who it is?

Comprende.

*sigh*

let em live man. das all im saying

look brother, im just sticking up for a friend. if u have a problem w/ him why not take it up w/ him like a man instead of being a pussy? face to face? a fight was never mentioned. why are you implying that? why not meet him out somewhere and talk the differences over? does everything have to come to blows? i can see where your mentality rests. you obviously do think your a tough guy

I Stuck up for him for a long time, I just can't take his Blah,blah,blah anymore, And somtimes he just plain dosen't know what he's talking about.

THERE IS NO STYLE CALLED "HARDSTYLE". NEVER WAS. COULD YOU BE REFERRING TO HARDKORE? WHO SKOOLED YOU?

no.. im not referring to hardcore, im referring to HARDSTYLE... you need a re-schooling obviously.....

Hardstyle is a sub-genre of trance music that is closely related to nu style gabber and hard trance. Hardstyle sounds very similar to nu style gabber but is usually about 30 bpm slower. The average tempo is between 140 and 150 beats per minute. Many hardcore artists produce hardstyle songs, which sound very similar but are more accessible. Hardstyle is generally played along side NRG and Hard House in the UK and aside hard trance or hardcore in the rest of Europe. Hardstyle evolved from German, Italian and Dutch Hard House which blended with influences from hard trance and oldschool hardcore in the year 2000. It originates from The Netherlands where the first Hardstyle events were held in late 1999, early 2000. One of the key figures in its development is Dana van Dreeven, also known under her alias Dana. At a later time more of her colleagues from the hardcore-era joined the club, such as Dj Luna, Pavo and The Prophet.

....schooled.