Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What it means to be "underground" (pacha related)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
So a dj/producer was asked to play pacha for a certain amount of money, and he refused cause pacha goes against his own agendas and is not underground. And b4 any nonsense gets said the dj/producer who was ask by erick morillo has been a long time associate of his since back in the soundfactory bar days (thats 21street for those who dont know) .

THATS CALLED KEEPING IT REAL.

:laugh:

ok limited net time here so i don't have time to read all this stuff...

HOWEVER... people get a clue to what "underground" IS - it's what the masses DON'T DO - house was "underground" when it first started in the early 90's (ie, techno, trance, tribal, deep house, progressive house) - by '95 it was so far NOT underground that it became old news... drum&bass became the "underground" sound around then (a sound i TOTALLY hated - caused me to leave the music scene completely)

right now the UNDERGROUND is electro - it's a new sound (it's actually the love-child of electroclash which started, i believe, around 2000 but is now dead), noone (ie, the masses (ie, YOU)) is really into it and people are bitching about how it's some "new fad" or a "flash in the pan" - i'm sorry but the shite you usually hear in NYC has been PLAYED OUT - it's hardly "underground" so give me a break: anything that has been around for over a decade IS NOT underground.

if you're saying, which forgive me cause i am now paying $7/hr for net usage so no time to read 7 pages, deep house/tribal/trance/ANY KIND OF HOUSE is underground you need to go read the definition of "underground" - if EVERYONE is doing it it's NOT NOT NOT f'n underground....

GEEZ people

here, i downloaded this song - the lyrics are total CHEESE (but good cheese is my favorite) however the sound is electro - it's called "my egyptian lover" by space cowboys - like i said it's TOTAL CHEESE and there are much more hardcore electro songs out there but seeing my server hosting my music is now down this is all i can give you:

my egyptian lover

btw, IMO, i think it's a girl singing to a closeted gay guy (and yes, in my world everything is gay)