Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What Kind of Dog Should I Get?

SlickSlider

For those who don't know I just moved into my new condo. I couldn't have a dog in my last rental of 10 years and now I can though it must be under 20 pounds. I had a pocket poodle for 12 years (had her from 5 weeks old till her very end) and I loved her, but I don't think I want to get another poodle. What do you suggest is a friendly, personable, easy to maintain breed of dog under 20 pounds? I pretty much love all breeds of dogs big and small but now I'm nowhere near decided what breed I want to get.

I know dgmodel will say to get a pug and I think they are cute, but I want to look at other options as well. Any suggestions?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest onisakura

Try a beagle. Or a Boston Terrier. Im not a fan of mop dogs......

If you could go over 20lbs, id suggest a boxer. I had mine in my apt before i took him to my moms farm and he was just fine.

slick the place looks fantastic btw!!!

what kinda dogs u like?? i would say not getting something THAT big. perhaps some type of a non sporting dog??

Thanks my man, thanks a lot!

If I lived in a house I would get a German Shepard or a Doberman or a Golden Retriever, but the weight limit allowed in this building is 20 pounds. I am not sure what type I like of that size. It has to be one which loves to play and run and not just sit around being held like a doll (like that little thing Paris Hilton carries around in her pocket.).

Try a beagle. Or a Boston Terrier. Im not a fan of mop dogs......

If you could go over 20lbs, id suggest a boxer. I had mine in my apt before i took him to my moms farm and he was just fine.

I'm not a fan of mop dogs either. My uncle has one of those and I have to admit he is really funny looking. When he walks, his feet move so fast under that hanging fur that his tiny feet actually move faster than his little body moves with them. He looks like Fred Flintstone when he runs! :laugh:

I've never had a beagle but I like them. Do you know what their average full grown weight is?