Clubplanet Nightlife Community

booyakasha Yanks get Damon

calebdead

.....yanks kill baseball with their deep pockets, which looks like a meat cleaver every year.......Why cant KC or tampa bay make the huge signings in the off-season????.... how in the world is the league supposed to be viewed as competitive....

...just a point of note,...the upcoming so-called-world-series-classic is a fucking joke....when you have Cuba excluded from the tournament, its nothing but a fucking joke.... glad to say i wont waste a fucking minute of my life watching that dog & pony show.....

that lineup is retarded.

you guys will love johnny down there, plays hard/hurt.

What you will not love is people scoring from second on sac flies.(really happened) And your outfield defense is pretty bad, but that offensive will make up for it.

4 years 52 milly

Response?

now that I've had time to calm down and think about it, it really doesnt look like a good move for the Yankees. I know I'm going to be attacked on this, but I think their overpaying a guy that granted is a good leadoff hitter and scrappy player, but isnt exactly one of the top center fielders in the league. He doesnt have an arm and does have lapses when he misplays balls. That and he isnt that great of a hitter

what the fuck r u talking about? who proved me to be full of shit?

go to the bump boad...go to that thread you attacked ante and I about being sellouts over and over and go and see how every point you tried to make was shot down.

i really dont have the time or the patience to get into copying and pasting old posts to show how serge has proven himself the biggest bullshtter ever to prove his point over the net. I'm not bored at work anymore so you're gonna have to use your inginuity on this one.

biggest bullshitter ever?

jon seriously..out of all the people on CP..u do not wana get into it with me..we were pretty cool @ one point...so to go calling me out is like shooting urself in the foot...

sweet threat...but you're the one that got on me

not to mention you got on me JUST NOW about this Damon thing......I'm obviously not in a good mood right now thinking about it so lay off

biggest bullshitter ever?

jon seriously..out of all the people on CP..u do not wana get into it with me..we were pretty cool @ one point...so to go calling me out is like shooting urself in the foot...

not for nothing but why are you bringing this drama into the sports forum.. most people takes the sports forum to be the most serious..:laugh:

and i dont understand why you are even going at it with jon..

when me and him used to fight all the time.. you never butted in..

but now since i assume you have gotten closer with the boston peeps and nmn and they were both going at it with jon.. you deem it necessary to butt in as well..

if you guys were pretty cool at one point.. why not just watch from the sideline and butt out?

now that I've had time to calm down and think about it, it really doesnt look like a good move for the Yankees. I know I'm going to be attacked on this, but I think their overpaying a guy that granted is a good leadoff hitter and scrappy player, but isnt exactly one of the top center fielders in the league. He doesnt have an arm and does have lapses when he misplays balls. That and he isnt that great of a hitter

I think it's a decent move... The first thing is that they got the CF they sorely lacked while hurting their division rival at the same time. They also got themselves their first true leadoff since Knobby. While he may not have an arm he's actually an upgrade in that regard over Bernie and his range is just light years ahead. It's a lot of money but I don't think it's outrageous. He's also young enough that he should be productive for the duration of the deal.

It's not an ideal fit, but I think it will turn out ok...

not for nothing but why are you bringing this drama into the sports forum.. most people takes the sports forum to be the most serious..:laugh:

but now since i assume you have gotten closer with the boston peeps and nmn and they were both going at it with jon.. you deem it necessary to butt in as well..

if you guys were pretty cool at one point.. why not just watch from the sideline and butt out?

:idea:

I think it's a decent move... The first thing is that they got the CF they sorely lacked while hurting their division rival at the same time. They also got themselves their first true leadoff since Knobby. While he may not have an arm he's actually an upgrade in that regard over Bernie and his range is just light years ahead. It's a lot of money but I don't think it's outrageous. He's also young enough that he should be productive for the duration of the deal.

It's not an ideal fit, but I think it will turn out ok...

well, I know WHY the Yankees pulled the trigger and made the move and it definitely makes sense, but 13 mil a year? The Yankees coulda probably gotten a better center fielder for that price

they did accomplish landing a leadoff hitter

ding ding ding