Clubplanet Nightlife Community

salary ranges and interviews...

iamme

Need some help with this...

If you know the salary range for a job, say $60-70k, what the best way to get the higher end? Do you just request the highest to begin with? afraid that would just turn them off and they go for some other, more desperate shmuck.

ideas?

If you know the salary range for a job, say $60-70k, what the best way to get the higher end? Do you just request the highest to begin with? afraid that would just turn them off and they go for some other, more desperate shmuck.

ideas?

I would say a range on the higher end, say 65-70... That way they know you are flexible.

ideas?

You're still at DB? Are you an analyst or associate?

ideas?

I'm pretty sure bathroom attendants don't make that much.

ideas?

i'd say go with the higher end regardless... if someone tells someone oh you can make between 60 - 70.. who's gonna want to make 60 when they know they can make 70?

hiya dorkface! :)

ideas?

i would get the job first and then do the salary discussion later. if you're really deserving of the higher pay, then tell them why. i'd base ur 'speech' on facts, rather than emotion.

goodluck!

typically they really dont care about the salry range, it is set by HR and they just have to keep it in the specified range.

At some point they will ask what you were making before and/or what you are looking for. Just say a figure close to the top of the range you know. The people who decide who to hire just want the right person, if they like you they will give you the money, if not the difference between a few K is not going to make a difference.