Clubplanet Nightlife Community

favorite l.a. area club?

weyes

all right, you guys, i want some info today. i wanna hear what your favorite clubs/nights at certain clubs are, and why. i've been practically making love to the old spundae (i'm not quite sure about what it's become since the renovations; i've only been once since then) on here so much that you know my story, so it's your turn to get your words in edgewise :D !

i really like vanguard - it's huge (21,000 square feet), with a great sound system. and then there's the outdoor patio for when you wanna chill/take a break from sweating. it's huge, beautiful and comfortable, and they pipe the music out there at a lower volume. great spot.

i really like vanguard - it's huge (21,000 square feet), with a great sound system. and then there's the outdoor patio for when you wanna chill/take a break from sweating. it's huge, beautiful and comfortable, and they pipe the music out there at a lower volume. great spot.

i still haven't been there. i'm so limited with my clubgoing... who have you seen there, dj-wise, that you liked?

and speak up, everyone else!

Vanguard is beautiful... love it.. wish there were more events..

spundae is good except i think the renovations were too much... not enough people to fill the place up..

i've heard the spyder club is pretty nice...

My favorite club to this day is the old Crobar in Chicago

I would say Circus is the best club in LA, but they don't always get the best acts. I haven't been inside the Arena, next to the Circus, but they haven't had any DJs worth paying for either.

Even though they rarely are open, I'd have to go with the Mayan on Wednesdays. I saw Digweed there twice and Dave Seaman once, both times the club was really cool.

lol. Just goes to show you that its hard to judge a venue unless you go there regularly or know people that do. And most venues change from night to night. Take Larchmont, the day before NYE - omg, Top 40 Chilean and Peruvian pop music. Talk about niche promoting.

Spider normal hours last Sat was a mess on the door. And the crowd was horrible. And the dj sounded like a dead rat eating himself. Even though its a wonderful spot.

Avalon has made a huge turnaround. The place has become quite exceptional. Although the guys need to chill on their aggressiveness there. They see a girl with a guy, they dont care, 5 of them come chopping with their teeth at the girl at all angles like those characters in Ms. Packman.

...Avalon has made a huge turnaround. The place has become quite exceptional. Although the guys need to chill on their aggressiveness there. They see a girl with a guy, they dont care, 5 of them come chopping with their teeth at the girl at all angles like those characters in Ms. Packman.
in what ways has avaland become exceptional (i'm talking strictly about saturdays, here)? so far we've all been talking about the crowd being crappy, and you're saying that, too. it seems we're all in agreement on this one.

I would say Circus is the best club in LA, but they don't always get the best acts. I haven't been inside the Arena, next to the Circus, but they haven't had any DJs worth paying for either.

Even though they rarely are open, I'd have to go with the Mayan on Wednesdays. I saw Digweed there twice and Dave Seaman once, both times the club was really cool.

I definitely agree with The Mayan, Diggers and PVD gave me two amazing wednesdays last year. although, they could go a bit longer, shutting it down at 4am is a mistake.