Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Pacha review

It was my first time there so i went with three of my girlfriends. One of them wanted to go to Crobar but I remember hearing David Morales once and it just reminded me of straight up KTU crap so i decided to check out Harry Romero. At the entrance you are greeted with Cherry's which are lit up on the side of the staircase. Got there at around 1 30 and the place was pretty full but not too crowded....Im not really a music person i just go out to party but i could tell everyone was feelin it cuz the crowd reaction to the songs the DJ was playing was insane. There was def more Europeans in there then NYC people which gave it kind of a more sophisticated feeling however the later it got the more NY clubber types started coming in. The soundsystem is great, without a doubt the best in the city. I left early cause one of my girls got a little too drunk, so ill be back next week to finish what I started......

I want to go when there are more Europeans there - that was around 1:30 AM, you said?

And were there men in the showers?

Not from what i remember there were only women in the showers but I was rarely on the second floor i spent most of my time on the main dancefloor. As far as the comment regarding David Morales i have heard him plenty of times at Crobar and he is always crappy in my opinion, im not into 3 hour vocal sets.

and this is comming from someone that "isnt really into the music just goes out to party" theres a difference between being drunk and just being dumb and kelly hunny i think by your 1st post your both!!!and as for your opinion there like assholes....everyones got one...but see your asshole doesnt count this time sweetie...go back to your sandbox.

and this is comming from someone that "isnt really into the music just goes out to party" theres a difference between being drunk and just being dumb and kelly hunny i think by your 1st post your both!!!and as for your opinion there like assholes....everyones got one...but see your asshole doesnt count this time sweetie...go back to your sandbox.

Shut the fuck up already you fucking drama queen and enough of your little "sweetie" comments.

wasn't really thinking about getting ass...maybe some pics but who knows, maybe I'll get lucky.

i just think you need to shut the fuck up already and go suck another dick. your boyfriend not been giving it to you the way he used to anymore? her opinion was perfectly fine. so what if she doesn't go out just for the music. she said she heard him spin a few times and thinks he sucks. deal with it you. can't wait to i finally meet you so i can smack the shit out of you

so kelly, got any pics? ;)

wasn't really thinking about getting ass...maybe some pics but who knows, maybe I'll get lucky.

i just think you need to shut the fuck up already and go suck another dick. your boyfriend not been giving it to you the way he used to anymore? her opinion was perfectly fine. so what if she doesn't go out just for the music. she said she heard him spin a few times and thinks he sucks. deal with it you. can't wait to i finally meet you so i can smack the shit out of you

so kelly, got any pics? ;)

Thanks for backing me up! I personally dont like Morales but i do acknowledge the fact that he is a house legend of sorts, there was no need for starscream to jump on me but I dont really care we all have different tastes. As far as me being stupid who's the one trying to read a girl he doesnt even know on a messageboard.

awwww im sorry did i hit a nerve?gonna be having another party @ Love real soon ill get u comp'd and you can come "smack the shit outta me for free" lol ...ohh noname my brother you never seize to amaze me.i swear when i read your posts sometimes it smells like someone just farted there soo full of shitttttt.go suck that Dick SWEETIE^^

Thanks for backing me up! I personally dont like Morales but i do acknowledge the fact that he is a house legend of sorts, there was no need for starscream to jump on me but I dont really care we all have different tastes. As far as me being stupid who's the one trying to read a girl he doesnt even know on a messageboard.
I didn't try,i did:) your lucky i was the only one.

I didn't try,i did:) your lucky i was the only one.

What are you a 40 year old queen and that was the best you can come up with....? Ive met your types, the guys that stay out all weekend smoking crystal through glass pipes listening to Jr at Roxy with 200 people in it...You are TIRED get a life.

lol no im 33 and that's not the best i just didn't wanna make you cry.2nd Tina is no friend of mine,i knew she was trouble when she 1st started comming around and have lost plenty of friends due to her wicked ways.I do go hear Junior @ Roxy on ocassion and god i wish there were only 200 people on the dancefloor alot more room for me to dance.soo 5 posts and already dissing on david morales and junior vasquez 2 Legendary Dj's you know nothing about obviously.and your right i am TIRED,tired of people like you comming onto a messageboard not thinking ok im kinda young maybe i should watch what i say because someone might just come for me,well someone just did, get over it!!!

David Morales is technically proficient but his track selection is not up to par. I enjoyed him last time as the vibe was just right. Reminded me of Roger S when he spins but last sat reminded me of a any dj. The tracks he played were no different than what a boris plays except he had immense skill in the effects and asthetics of the sound. The sound system was also not up to par. It was overdriven and muddy. The opener also was horrible. The owners or people hired to bring in talent should consider getting better dj's to open up for Morales. Yes he is a legend and should deserve having a superb up and coming dj or more underground vibing dj like a lola, eddie lee etc... So much talent is out there already playing sullivan room and other rooms they should expand there minds instead of having a guy who played a song nonetheless 4 times in one night. Something put your hands up I think by mary j blige. Added to the bummed out night.

David Morales is a legend but being a legend is not enough. Technical skill is not enough either. Track selection and keeping a sexy or vibing edge is also a key for success. He is not only respected by the mainstream but he has respect and roots with the deep soulful heads as well. If he found a sound that appealed to both crowds maybe he could maintain a better vibe in my opinion. Banging tracks are good and working them are key also but bring the vibe up also. Start deep and don't be afraid of filtering the edge of soul into your sets.

As for pacha never been there and never heard harry romero.

David Morales is technically proficient but his track selection is not up to par. I enjoyed him last time as the vibe was just right. Reminded me of Roger S when he spins but last sat reminded me of a any dj. The tracks he played were no different than what a boris plays except he had immense skill in the effects and asthetics of the sound. The sound system was also not up to par. It was overdriven and muddy. The opener also was horrible. The owners or people hired to bring in talent should consider getting better dj's to open up for Morales. Yes he is a legend and should deserve having a superb up and coming dj or more underground vibing dj like a lola, eddie lee etc... So much talent is out there already playing sullivan room and other rooms they should expand there minds instead of having a guy who played a song nonetheless 4 times in one night. Something put your hands up I think by mary j blige. Added to the bummed out night.

David Morales is a legend but being a legend is not enough. Technical skill is not enough either. Track selection and keeping a sexy or vibing edge is also a key for success. He is not only respected by the mainstream but he has respect and roots with the deep soulful heads as well. If he found a sound that appealed to both crowds maybe he could maintain a better vibe in my opinion. Banging tracks are good and working them are key also but bring the vibe up also. Start deep and don't be afraid of filtering the edge of soul into your sets.

As for pacha never been there and never heard harry romero.

Very nicely typed!!!!

I just want to say that both morales & choo choo are absolutely awesome.

I have heard morales play straight up house classics. tech house. or pop house hits. DM has earned the right to play whatever he feels like & you will not see another house dj/producer with a resume or a career like his come along for another decde or two. his career is extraordinary & pretty much unequaled in america. [my fave USA djs are derrick carter, DT & junior, but morales has the resume]

I have heard a few lame morales nights & I ahve heard a lot more great ones.

respect where it is due.

Are you high?!?! Pacha was AWFUL on Saturday. Harry was great, but the party was pretty much over at 3:30 when the fire alarm went off. The only sound was from the booth monitors and Harry was looping the same beat for an hour while he waited for them to fix the alarm problem, which they never did.

"Sophisticated Europeans"? If sophisticated means not wearing deoderent, getting blasted, pushing girls half your size over, and having no class whatsoever, then yes, it was a sophisticated crowd.

The girls in the showers were surrounded by creeps (guys and girls) rubbing up against the glass, fucked up out of their minds.

It was like a giant high school party with good music, but nobody cared about the music. Pacha caters to Jersey trash. Period. If they don't do something soon to change their image and the way they handle their club it won't last another 6 months.