Clubplanet Nightlife Community

suggestions please for hot clubs this year

sleekmr2

Hi Everyone,

Just found this site today.

I will be in Vegas on 3-9-06 to 3-12-06 for my girlfriend's 21st birthday on 3-10-06. She loves clubbing. Just wanted to see if anyone can suggest some hot clubs for this year.

I have been hearing a bit about

Tao @ Venetian

Pure @ Caesars

Those are the two that I have heard about that seem to be the place to be. Are there other places that I should look for?

Or do you guys have any opinions on the 2 clubs suggeted?

Also any tips in regards to getting table service? We are looking to get a table for our group of 15+.

The age range for the group is 21 to 27

Thanks in Advance

Hi Everyone,

I will be in Vegas on 3-9-06 to 3-12-06 for my girlfriend's 21st birthday on 3-10-06. She loves clubbing. Just wanted to see if anyone can suggest some hot clubs for this year.

Tao @ Venetian

Pure @ Caesars

Those are the two that I have heard about that seem to be the place to be. Are there other places that I should look for?

Also any tips in regards to getting table service? We are looking to get a table for our group of 15+.

Thanks in Advance

Tao and Tryst. Also Body English, Jet, Ice, Pure. If its 15 girls, there are two particulars club in that list that can hook up very well with free bottles. :type:

Also, you can watch what other people think at http://jetlv.com/nighties/nighties_form.html occuring in the next few days.

Hi Everyone,

Tao @ Venetian

Pure @ Caesars

Thanks in Advance

Late Night Empire After Hours @ Empire Ballroom

Fridays and Saturdays 3am-till the party ends

www.latenightempire.com

Is ICE located on the strip?

Two Vegas (read: long) blocks east. A $5-10 cab ride depending on where you're starting out. A pittance of an expense if you're into electronic music at all.

I've walked (read: meandered, swayed and stumbled) from ICE to Drai's (on the Strip) the strip before and it's about a 20-25 minute walk. ICE to Aladdin may not be the most well-lit nor safest stretch to walk at 4AM, but when you're with a small group of buzzed individuals, man do you feel invulnerable.

I have been hearing a bit about ICE. How is the club? Can I get some more review on this club. We are looking for HIP HOP music.

I hear ya sleek...

ICE has two rooms, a House room and a HipHop room. The house room is the place to be here with the DJs they hire and the FROST from the ceilings...

The HipHop room is ok. The problem with it is that it is SMALL and if you don't get bottle service in here, you won't have a good time. There is no where to hang out here and kick it for 10-15 minutes.

Agree with Ed. If you're looking for hip-hop music, ICE is not really the place to go unless they've got a big hip-hop DJ booked for that night (which is rare).

In my opinion If you're really looking for pure hip-hop (that is, by the common, modern definition) music and atmosphere, then you have to make sure to spend a Friday or Saturday night at OPM. Slide Sundays at Tabu are great for old-school hip-hop.

Tao, Jet, Body English, and Pure will all feature hip-hop with the occasional rock mash-up, but for the most part the music will be more of what you'll find on MTV. Some of the better DJs (like AM at Pure) will at least get quite creative in their mixes, and occasionally throw in a rarely-heard gem from the early/mid 90s (last time I heard AM he dropped People Under the Stairs), but for the most part all of these clubs go very much mainstream with their tunes.

Thing is, all of these places are outstanding establishments and will offer you a damn good time and a damn good crowd.

I've walked (read: meandered, swayed and stumbled) from ICE to Drai's (on the Strip) the strip before and it's about a 20-25 minute walk. ICE to Aladdin may not be the most well-lit nor safest stretch to walk at 4AM, but when you're with a small group of buzzed individuals, man do you feel invulnerable.

I once did Drais to Tropicana. Needless to say, go with groups. I walked with 2 girls that were done for the evening and left them around nyny as they headed to the tram for mandaly. Two weeks later I spoke to one of them on the phone and apparetnly they had a scary problem with a pscyho following them after the tram ride.

Yeah your are correct PURE and TAO are pretty hot right now. As a Vegas Local and worker in the industry I have been to almost every place here. My favorites stil are PURE and TAO! Althought I did go to the opening of TRYST at Wynn, its was also very different and plush. Wynn's VIP tables were next to his water attraction. His tables had red blankets incase you got cold...it just was very detailed (thats what makes Steve Wynn good).

As far as Table service for a group that size, you may have to make special arrangements. Most clubs have limits on the amount of people per table. I.E. TRYST charge one bottle for every group of 3! Best bet is to call them.

Happy Parting!!

Just to clarify... although I mentioned Friday/Saturday for OPM, hip-hop is strong there Thursday and Sunday as well. I think on Thursdays they also do old school in the second room. Sunday Night Hype has been popular enough that it's now a regular event, so if you're into Bay Area styles and a slightly more hardcore scene, it's a great choice.

Hung with some friends last night, big hip-hop folks, that were in Vegas over the weekend. They did OPM on Friday, Tao on Saturday and back to OPM on Sunday. They had a blast at all three nights, and were originally planning on doing Tabu or Body English on Sunday, but between talking to OPM staff on Friday and the music at Tao on Sunday, they decided to go back to OPM. Said Sunday was absolutely insane, music really tight and the crowd was nuts.

Hey Greenie, good looking out!! Thanks man.

There are so many hot night options now, all of which include hip-hop music.

Tao Thursday / Tryst Thursday / Jet Monday / Pure Tuesday / Body English Sunday / OPM Sunday / Tangerine Wednesday...

Plus each of these spots go nuts Friday and Saturday as well! These clubs each have a niche, mostly in design and A-list crowd appeal. OPM for its more urban appeal.

Looks like we will be doing Tryst Saturday night and possibly PURE on Friday night. Hope to see you guys there. Thanks for all the great info.

Also. Not sure if it is ok to ask in here. But we were planning to go to a stip club on Thursday night. My friend went o Olympic Gardens and said it was good, but he told me that spearamint (sp?) Rhino is better. Any info on this Guys/Gals?

( if this is not the appropriate place to ask this just let me know and I will delete this post)

Rhino is a much better choice. Might want to check out Scores too. Also if you rent a car, and don't cab it, be sure to tell them that when you arrive and ask for free cover. If you cab it, you'll pay at least $20 to $30 per head to get in, no exceptions (since they pay a large fee to the cabs).

Looks like we will be doing Tryst Saturday night and possibly PURE on Friday night. Hope to see you guys there. Thanks for all the great info.

Also. Not sure if it is ok to ask in here. But we were planning to go to a stip club on Thursday night. My friend went o Olympic Gardens and said it was good, but he told me that spearamint (sp?) Rhino is better. Any info on this Guys/Gals?

( if this is not the appropriate place to ask this just let me know and I will delete this post)

Ill post you an schedule of what you should see. Also, some previous posts by other people about lack of lines for certain venues are totally inaccurrate. So want to give you the heads up on that.

Rhino is a much better choice. Might want to check out Scores too. Also if you rent a car, and don't cab it, be sure to tell them that when you arrive and ask for free cover. If you cab it, you'll pay at least $20 to $30 per head to get in, no exceptions (since they pay a large fee to the cabs).

I saw this exact thing with our limo driver last year. He said he had to go in to use the restroom. In the mean time I was talking to the cashier about cutting us a break on cover since we had like 8 guys with us that night. She told me straight up that a large percentage of what we paid was going to the limo driver. She may have even said 100%. Sure enough the door guy folowed him outside I'm sure to give him the cash.

Knowing that could you get a free limo ride? "Hey we have 6 guys we're going to Rhino will you drive us for free since your getting the door anyway"

Actually yes that works for cabbies and some limos. But they will want to bring you to the club that pays them the biggest juice. No worries though, usually the nice clubs offer the best pay so you'll get a good deal regardless. If you're catching the ride from a hotel, you may have better luck explaining your plan to the hotel's attendant (and slip him a few), and let him do the negotiating especially since he probably knows which drivers will wheel and deal like this.