Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bottom Line

marcblemberg

If a club puts it self on the radio and claims to be hip hop.

You cannot have a DJ playing CD's and using a computer hidden in a square box.

The DJ has to be on the dance floor so the people can see the man mix scratch and create new sounds with yesteryears sounds mixed and cut up with today's sound...that's it.

The public is being cheated with fakes.

And a crowed will always enjoy to see a B, Boy get down,especially the ladies.

There is no hip hop without those elements,

so calling out the fake one give the people what they deserve and entertain them, they deserve it.

Instead of poring alcohol down there body's.

and put up some old school hip hop videos come on get a real hip hop element going if you calim to be hip hop.

STOP BULLSHIT THE PUBLIC.

Mr freeze

Rock steday crew

The hottest spot in Vegas on a Sunday night check out slide.

The only pure real deal & only Hip Hop spot in Las Vegas.

Others claim to be real, but it takes more then a rap CD to make it a real Hip Hop Spot

See the turn table mix Master D.J.P rip it live and direct in front of your eyes on the dance floor.

And check out VH1 Hip Hop Honoree Mr. freeze From the world famous Rock steady crew rock It Live.

we will take any B,Boy Or DJ Challenge from anyone.

@ Tabu the Ultra Lounge

MGM

Click on flier for animated invite.

3cd70308.jpg

Mr. Freeze

Rock Steady Crew

Mr Freeze: perhaps you'll understand if I put it this way: don't hate the player, hate the game.

The only reason that clubs will refer to themselves as playing "hip-hop" music (or "house" or whatever) is simply because that's what the clubgoers in Vegas understand. Whether tourists, regulars or locals, what matters is what "hip-hop" means to them.

It's absolutely mind-boggling that you have such a serious beef about this in a town like Vegas. There is not a city on earth that is driven more by marketing and promotion and less by authenticity.

okay Mr Freeze..now i have to go on the offensive here, just to clue you in on the HERE AND NOW, it might be lengthy but please bare with me...

First off, I as a DJ, (and a person with PRETTY MUSCLES) dont particularly like toting around 2 or 3 or however many crates of records to gigs. But I, like every other DJ in the world, had to go through this because AT THE TIME there was no other way, until the advent of STANTONS Final Scratch and RANES "SERATO". This is a use of digitaly stored music (mp3. or wave or aiff) files.. Same songs. same sounds,same everything except it weighs not even 1gram(and im sure a few of us know what 1 grams looks like) with the help of specially designed software, hardware, and vinyl encoder records, I myself am able to carry over 1100 songs within my laptop or external harddrive.

Now try doing a gig with 2 or 3 or even 5 DJ's at large events like i have, with only records, and see what kind of MESS it creates. Everyone has crates and bags everywhere. Now you can go to a gig and JACK IN

while someone is nearing the end of their set. no mess no fumbling.

Now before you say anything about OH WELL THOSE ARE HOUSE OR TRANCE DJ's using it, sorry to burst any newly formed bubbles, but Scratch DJ's .. Turntablists and beat jugglers use the system as well.. and all with outstanding results.(much props to those guys.. they have crazy skills)

"Oh but its not vinyl its mp3' blah blah.. " Yes its the best of both worlds.. its digital sound (way better then analog or vinyl sound) with the traditional skills of using a turntable.. you can train wreck just as easily with the digital system.

"The computer is doing the mixing and beatmatching" Nope.. sorry once again. These systems do nothing of the sort, it is entirely the DJ doing all the work, the system cant choose what a sound or beat should feel like when coming out.. some might want to offset a beat with a vocal.. computers are smart, but not that smart (its a DJ THANG)

Now if you are confusing these two named systems for something you saw in a strip club like PCDJ or Traktor Studio or something.. I apologize for the long answer, thats purely for HOSTING MUSIC like at a strip club.. no mixing needed.. just put the next song in the list and fade into it and watch the TeTe's perform, but I dont think any club would use those.. The Industry standard is RANE's SERATO with IMAC powered computers.. Every club in the MGM GRAND has this system. Every club in the world pretty much has this setup. I have been with these systems since they came out.. was one of the first people in vegas to purchase and use it before the clubs did, so dont try to mock me with stupid replies, because I have done ALLLLL of my homework, and wrote the book on using these. I have spent alot of money on all my records and spent ALOT of money on these systems.. now i have ripped all of my records to my laptop and take them with me.

so in close, if you want to keep the original feel to your gig, and original look, and OG style.. then make sure you help DJ P carry ALLLLL of his records..Dont bitch about how heavy they are . or. theres no room in your car for them.... Then after awhile you will see the light.

nuff said..thanks for reading

okay Mr Freeze..now i have to go on the offensive here, just to clue you in on the HERE AND NOW, it might be lengthy but please bare with me...

First off, I as a DJ, (and a person with PRETTY MUSCLES) dont particularly like toting around 2 or 3 or however many crates of records to gigs. But I, like every other DJ in the world, had to go through this because AT THE TIME there was no other way, until the advent of STANTONS Final Scratch and RANES "SERATO". This is a use of digitaly stored music (mp3. or wave or aiff) files.. Same songs. same sounds,same everything except it weighs not even 1gram(and im sure a few of us know what 1 grams looks like) with the help of specially designed software, hardware, and vinyl encoder records, I myself am able to carry over 1100 songs within my laptop or external harddrive.

Now try doing a gig with 2 or 3 or even 5 DJ's at large events like i have, with only records, and see what kind of MESS it creates. Everyone has crates and bags everywhere. Now you can go to a gig and JACK IN

while someone is nearing the end of their set. no mess no fumbling.

Now before you say anything about OH WELL THOSE ARE HOUSE OR TRANCE DJ's using it, sorry to burst any newly formed bubbles, but Scratch DJ's .. Turntablists and beat jugglers use the system as well.. and all with outstanding results.(much props to those guys.. they have crazy skills)

"Oh but its not vinyl its mp3' blah blah.. " Yes its the best of both worlds.. its digital sound (way better then analog or vinyl sound) with the traditional skills of using a turntable.. you can train wreck just as easily with the digital system.

"The computer is doing the mixing and beatmatching" Nope.. sorry once again. These systems do nothing of the sort, it is entirely the DJ doing all the work, the system cant choose what a sound or beat should feel like when coming out.. some might want to offset a beat with a vocal.. computers are smart, but not that smart (its a DJ THANG)

Now if you are confusing these two named systems for something you saw in a strip club like PCDJ or Traktor Studio or something.. I apologize for the long answer, thats purely for HOSTING MUSIC like at a strip club.. no mixing needed.. just put the next song in the list and fade into it and watch the TeTe's perform, but I dont think any club would use those.. The Industry standard is RANE's SERATO with IMAC powered computers.. Every club in the MGM GRAND has this system. Every club in the world pretty much has this setup. I have been with these systems since they came out.. was one of the first people in vegas to purchase and use it before the clubs did, so dont try to mock me with stupid replies, because I have done ALLLLL of my homework, and wrote the book on using these. I have spent alot of money on all my records and spent ALOT of money on these systems.. now i have ripped all of my records to my laptop and take them with me.

so in close, if you want to keep the original feel to your gig, and original look, and OG style.. then make sure you help DJ P carry ALLLLL of his records..Dont bitch about how heavy they are . or. theres no room in your car for them.... Then after awhile you will see the light.

nuff said..thanks for reading

Thank you for taking the time to explain this to me.

But I already know this.

I think its great that you can have ten million songs in a lap top, fine but the art of turn tabling is an art, in witch a DJ has to go thru his wax and make his show happen, its much more exciting for the crowd to watch, that is if you a live hip hop DJ. the computer is great if your put in the back of a club in a box and your purely playing a song and mixing for the dance crowd. COOL.

But there are large groups of people that come into a club and also want to be entertained, and as you know most DJ's are just record players.

DJ P is a real hip hop DJ when people come to see him they know there going to be wowed by the music his own mixes and style, his job as a hip hop DJ is to rock a crowd, and when I say that I don't mean playing gold digger.

My point is with this CD webmasterf is if your going to call your club hip hop then please stop cheating the public and give them what you say.

Anyway take care of yourself nice cheating with you.…

Mr. freeze

Rock steady crew

Good post bro.

For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would attack a DJ for using whatever medium he wants to use, to throw an established party. It's pure jealousy, and in this case trolling for attention too.

Its not you party.

your just hired to play a couple of cd's thats all.

Stop calling it hip hop cause its NOT.

Mr freeze

Rock Steady crew

Thank you for taking the time to explain this to me.

But I already know this.

I think its great that you can have ten million songs in a lap top, fine but the art of turn tabling is an art, in witch a DJ has to go thru his wax and make his show happen, its much more exciting for the crowd to watch, that is if you a live hip hop DJ. the computer is great if your put in the back of a club in a box and your purely playing a song and mixing for the dance crowd. COOL.

But there are large groups of people that come into a club and also want to be entertained, and as you know most DJ's are just record players.

DJ P is a real hip hop DJ when people come to see him they know there going to be wowed by the music his own mixes and style, his job as a hip hop DJ is to rock a crowd, and when I say that I don't mean playing gold digger.

My point is with this CD webmasterf is if your going to call your club hip hop then please stop cheating the public and give them what you say.

Anyway take care of yourself nice cheating with you.…

Mr. freeze

Rock steady crew

Okay. So your point is clear.

So why do you have to bring up every other day by making threads, like this one, that only gets 37 page views.

Freeze can try to bait me as many times as he wants. I don't dj to show off, or see my picture on flyers or any of that. I just enjoy being part of a hot spot every week. People don't come to the club to watch the dj juggle vinyl. They dance and hook up, etc. This is Vegas. People come here to have fun. Nobody cares if a dj uses vinyl or 8 track tapes for that matter. Other than Freeze, I have not had one person EVER come up to us and ask why we don't spin records. It's completely irrelevant. But it makes him happy to argue about this every day, so be it, whatever floats his jealous boat.

Freeze can try to bait me as many times as he wants. I don't dj to show off, or see my picture on flyers or any of that. I just enjoy being part of a hot spot every week. People don't come to the club to watch the dj juggle vinyl. They dance and hook up, etc. This is Vegas. People come here to have fun. Nobody cares if a dj uses vinyl or 8 track tapes for that matter. Other than Freeze, I have not had one person EVER come up to us and ask why we don't spin records. It's completely irrelevant. But it makes him happy to argue about this every day, so be it, whatever floats his jealous boat.[/quote

Even if you wanted to show off, you could't,you play CD's you have no skills.

Flipping records is what hip hop DJ's do.

The culture of hip hop is all a battle fool.

1) DJ's always battled in clubs to show off there skills.

2)B,Boys battled in clubs to show for the crowd,

cause the people in the club loved to see a battle, they always did and always will.

3)Mc's battled to show off there lyrical skills.

Graff writers also would battle. But we cant do that in a club.

So stop with your bullshit excuses, if your going to call your spot, Hip Hop then stop rapping the public and give them what you say.

But the facts are that you spot has nothing to do with this culture

Ya nobody asks because if your spot was hip hop it would just happen anyway.

I'm not baiting you IM simply saying that your spot is not Hip Hop that's all...

Fake whack and nothing with this culture hip hop.

Mr freeze

Rock steady crew

Freeze can try to bait me as many times as he wants. I don't dj to show off, or see my picture on flyers or any of that. I just enjoy being part of a hot spot every week. People don't come to the club to watch the dj juggle vinyl. They dance and hook up, etc. This is Vegas. People come here to have fun. Nobody cares if a dj uses vinyl or 8 track tapes for that matter. Other than Freeze, I have not had one person EVER come up to us and ask why we don't spin records. It's completely irrelevant. But it makes him happy to argue about this every day, so be it, whatever floats his jealous boat.[/quote

Even if you wanted to show off, you could't,you play CD's you have no skills.

Flipping records is what hip hop DJ's do.

The culture of hip hop is all a battle fool.

1) DJ's always battled in clubs to show off there skills.

2)B,Boys battled in clubs to show for the crowd,

cause the people in the club loved to see a battle, they always did and always will.

3)Mc's battled to show off there lyrical skills.

Graff writers also would battle. But we cant do that in a club.

So stop with your bullshit excuses, if your going to call your spot, Hip Hop then stop rapping the public and give them what you say.

But the facts are that you spot has nothing to do with this culture

Ya nobody asks because if your spot was hip hop it would just happen anyway.

I'm not baiting you IM simply saying that your spot is not Hip Hop that's all...

Fake whack and nothing with this culture hip hop.

Mr freeze

Rock steady crew

So let me get this right. If the place doesnt use vinyl, it has no right to call itself a hiphop spot?

The part that's so hard for me to understand is why you are so obsessed with what other clubs are doing rather than channel your energies getting the good word out on your real hip-hop night. Here's one for you... If you feel a cd mixing dj is not a real dj, what would you call a promoter who attempts to promote a night by insulting everyone else on a message board. Real promoters get the word out by hitting the streets, finding advertising avenues to reach target customers, spreading the word using positive press, etc. Why are you wasting your time here, alienating potential customers?

The part that's so hard for me to understand is why you are so obsessed with what other clubs are doing rather than channel your energies getting the good word out on your real hip-hop night. Here's one for you... If you feel a cd mixing dj is not a real dj, what would you call a promoter who attempts to promote a night by insulting everyone else on a message board. Real promoters get the word out by hitting the streets, finding advertising avenues to reach target customers, spreading the word using positive press, etc. Why are you wasting your time here, alienating potential customers?

Because you call your self's a hip hop club and your not.

And on top of that you call your self's up scale, come on with that bullshit.

As for other clubs, there not saying there hip hop only you are.

And if other club pay top dallor for someone to put in a CD in a system, then good for them if that's what they want.

I am one of the reps for the culture of hip hop my friends and I created in the early 70's and if I or any of the og's feel that its being missed represented then we will speak up.

This is not personal betweenyou and me.

I will protect the integrity of this culture by exposing the frauds.

You my friend are one of them.

Mr freeze

Rcok steday crew

LOL I can just see you screaming in a bullhorn in front of NYNY Hotel... "Its a fraud its a fraud, i'm from the REAL NY and this place is a fraud." Dude, it's LAS VEGAS. Only a fool in this city would scream FRAUD when he sees a mainstream version of a product, not actual culture from 1979. One day you'll get it, probably on a plane heading back home.

LOL I can just see you screaming in a bullhorn in front of NYNY Hotel... "Its a fraud its a fraud, i'm from the REAL NY and this place is a fraud." Dude, it's LAS VEGAS. Only a fool in this city would scream FRAUD when he sees a mainstream version of a product, not actual culture from 1979. One day you'll get it, probably on a plane heading back home.

Oh IM not screaming I laugh at you and your wack events.

Mr. freeze

rock steady crew

i dont want keep this dead horse on life support any longer, but i am just curious as to what Mr. Freeze considers real Hip Hop.. What artists, or MC's or DJ's.. If i had some names to go by .. then maybe i could fathem his concept. The reason I ask is because, I cant recall any OG names on the BillBoards for new releases. Now I could be wrong because I dont follow the old school Hip Hop, but if you say Hip Hop BillBoard artists, you will find 50 cent and Ying Yang and even Eminem, etc...

But I havent seen in recent events anything from Afrika Bambatta or Grand Master Flash or Curtis Blow.. or Cool Earl. or Cold Crush Brothers or FatBoys or Kool Moe Dee.. i could go on and on from my childhood memories..

If this is something that you are trying to keep around and not let it DIE.. then I commend you..But anything you consider to be REAL.. is REALLY OLD.. and Really GONE... (just my opinion ..dont get pissy)

To have more than ONE.. OG HIP HOP event would get old pretty quick.. Only so much time can be spent living in the past.. maybe once a week. to give a little something to the older crowd.

There really isnt any place for Ghetto activities or events, especially in a Mega Resort on the Strip.

For a REAL HIP HOP EVENT.. you will need all the elements.. DJ's mixing like crazy.. B-Boys and B-girls battling in the middle of the club... Graffiti... MC's on the MIC yelling and pumping the crowd up ... MC Battles.. DJ Battle..

are you telling me that all these are included in this Sunday night event... If so .. I would definetly like to come down and check it out... its my past.. its my history.. its my culture.. but if its coming up short.. then i wont bother cause it aint REAL..

just my 2..cents

i dont want keep this dead horse on life support any longer, but i am just curious as to what Mr. Freeze considers real Hip Hop.. What artists, or MC's or DJ's.. If i had some names to go by .. then maybe i could fathem his concept. The reason I ask is because, I cant recall any OG names on the BillBoards for new releases. Now I could be wrong because I dont follow the old school Hip Hop, but if you say Hip Hop BillBoard artists, you will find 50 cent and Ying Yang and even Eminem, etc...

But I havent seen in recent events anything from Afrika Bambatta or Grand Master Flash or Curtis Blow.. or Cool Earl. or Cold Crush Brothers or FatBoys or Kool Moe Dee.. i could go on and on from my childhood memories..

If this is something that you are trying to keep around and not let it DIE.. then I commend you..But anything you consider to be REAL.. is REALLY OLD.. and Really GONE... (just my opinion ..dont get pissy)

To have more than ONE.. OG HIP HOP event would get old pretty quick.. Only so much time can be spent living in the past.. maybe once a week. to give a little something to the older crowd.

There really isnt any place for Ghetto activities or events, especially in a Mega Resort on the Strip.

For a REAL HIP HOP EVENT.. you will need all the elements.. DJ's mixing like crazy.. B-Boys and B-girls battling in the middle of the club... Graffiti... MC's on the MIC yelling and pumping the crowd up ... MC Battles.. DJ Battle..

are you telling me that all these are included in this Sunday night event... If so .. I would definetly like to come down and check it out... its my past.. its my history.. its my culture.. but if its coming up short.. then i wont bother cause it aint REAL..

just my 2..cents

I wouldn't get stupid with you because the way you speak is correct.

Your always on point,for me to be disrespecful would be completely out of line,you speak with facts and that's great.

And yes most of this goes on suday night.

Just be cause an mc is charted on billboard doesn't make him an mc?

It just means that the record sales are good.

If (big daddy cane) (rakim)(Grand master caz) isn't charted on bill board does that mean there not mc's?

If because there b, boy battles and a DJ mixing it live on the dance With old school b, Boy Video Playing, are your telling me that that's getto?

Every Sunday night there's a B, boy and a B, Girl wreck session along with DJ p ripping it on the dance floor live.and we except an open battle to nay DJ...

Know that is a real hip hop spot. Exciting

The most getto place I have been to in town, and I when only ones, and that was enghou that was CD webmeisters spot.

I felt like I was going to the tee connection back in the days...

I mean shit there were metal ditectors,metro police security IM talking right there before you go in ... that crazy...I couldn't believe it.

My night has the real elements the music is off the hook and DJ P is on the dance floor mixing scratching given a real show live and direct on the dance floor for the people to enjoy ... the B, Boy battles are great everyone in the club loves it.

When they leave slide they have had an experience of pure Hip Hop.

All IM saying is CD webmeister's spot is not hip hop it takes more the a rap CD to be Hip Hop.

I see you know your history and that's great,I have to say its nice chatting with someone that knows how to get a point across.

If i can ever do something for you just hit me up.

Mr freeze

Rock Steady Crew

The hottest spot in Vegas on a Sunday night check out slide.

The only pure real deal & only Hip Hop spot in Las Vegas.

Others claim to be real, but it takes more then a rap CD to make it a real Hip Hop Spot

See the turn table mix Master D.J.P rip it live and direct in front of your eyes on the dance floor.

And check out VH1 Hip Hop Honoree Mr. freeze From the world famous Rock steady crew rock It Live.

we will take any B,Boy Or DJ Challenge from anyone.

@ Tabu the Ultra Lounge

MGM

Click on flier for animated invite.

3cd70308.jpg

Mr. Freeze

Rock Steady Crew

And he's laughing his way to the bank. I just can't wait for the day DJ P moves to Serato. Sources say its in the works already. Hey I hear the Venetian has a FAKE FRAUDULENT gondala ride. Call the presses!

Oh look who's back its the yapping little cry baby Rah Rah Rah Rah...

DJ P would never youse a computer.

and the ones that use computers to mix with,good as long as there in a dj box were no one can see them...thats fine but it's not a real dj.

Mr Freeze

Rcok steady Crew

LOL this has been fun but I'm exhausted. Kid Capri ripped it up tonight at OPM. The huge crowd loved it, and for some reason nobody asked where the bboys or graffiti artists were? And Kid played all the NEW stuff, including Ying Yang Twins! I guess Kid Capri and his crowd don't know real hip-hop either :) Just playing. Anyway, we do it all over tomorrow. Kid Capri in the main room and DJ Franzen spinning vinyl in the Orchid room, dropping all the hot stuff from the Bay! Come early. $30 cover for all (which will go up to $50 after we hit capacity around 11:30 or 12:00), no passes, no free guest list.