Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Exit/black/ikon.

Who wants it to come back?.  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants it to come back?.

Ok ppl ima start maybe the most contreversial thread here or maybe not we'll see. Who would like Exit/Black/Ikon, to come back, i mean to bring those good old days at Exit and the experiences that we all had, make it be your first time clubbing, dropping, and just plain having fun?. I know it was my first club that I started in and all of the other above mentioned.

its not the worst idea! but right now for another big room club to open.... might not work.... just my opinion..... even without exit open the big rooms in the city at this time some of them are having trouble.... pacha and spirit.... unless a big name is in the club..... crobar is the only club no matter who spins its packed....

its not the worst idea! but right now for another big room club to open.... might not work.... just my opinion..... even without exit open the big rooms in the city at this time some of them are having trouble.... pacha and spirit.... unless a big name is in the club..... crobar is the only club no matter who spins its packed....

Your very right I guess, it is only an opinoin thread....i just wanna hear what the other ppl has to say about this cause i know that most of the ppl here had at least an unforgettable experiences in Exit you know what I mean or the fun or w/e they ever had in that venue...it is/was one of the best venues in NYC in my opinion.

I think that it's good for these "one off" kinda parties, but that's about it. They've tried and failed to reinvent that place so many times (Exit2, Black, Ikon, etc.). NYC has enough big room clubs at the moment. If anything, I wouldn't mind seeing another club reminiscent of Centro-Fly.

Your very right I guess, it is only an opinoin thread....i just wanna hear what the other ppl has to say about this cause i know that most of the ppl here had at least an unforgettable experiences in Exit you know what I mean or the fun or w/e they ever had in that venue...it is/was one of the best venues in NYC in my opinion.

Yeah i hear you... my first NYC clubbing experience was exit back in the day! i remeber walking in thinking it was goin to be like an L.I. club and i was totally blown away!! i believe it was 99' or 2000.... and from that point on i was i was hooked.... i remember walking in to that huge room and was like HOLYYYYY shit!! at this time i was always used to hiphop comin on like it does from the island and i remember saying to my gf at the time i was so so happy that it was all house/tech/trance at the time playing!! i could be wrong but i believe boris was spinning that night not sure.... but there was some dirty tech playin i remember!!! great first experience at least for me!!

this thread is so "contreversial" it's not even funny...I'm reporting this post immediately

i didint mean it to be that contro...oh wells it is a big laugh though just to ask or even thought of putting this on the thread....but thanks for all the great responses...the poll is still up so vote.

i didint mean it to be that contro...oh wells it is a big laugh though just to ask or even thought of putting this on the thread....but thanks for all the great responses...the poll is still up so vote.

well it won't be up for long...I just sent DaVe a PM telling him to take it down and there is a good chance you will be banned as well. What were you thinking making this thread? :blown:

well it won't be up for long...I just sent DaVe a PM telling him to take it down and there is a good chance you will be banned as well. What were you thinking making this thread? :blown:

wow your so kool, how can i get powers like you have over ppl?, were you born with it, i just wanna know. and also where can i send you the cookie. WOW i get banned for an opinion thread, Its only a thread.

Exit became so popular because for a short period of time was the only big club room in the city. At one point TWILO, TUNNEL, and LIMELIGHT were closed ... it was just about the only half-way decent place to go to for clubbing

halfway is putting it nicely, i remember when that shit when it was carbon, an odd room imo.

carbon, haha, i remember that... kinda corny. Like mentioned above, i have had some unforgettable nights at exit around 99/00 but i think there are enough big rooms in nyc now especially with pacha coming into the mix. But i guess if it were to reincarnate once again they would do fine as long as they brought in top notch talent. "If you book them, they will come..."

I think it's a shame that it's shut down, but I don't think there's any way it could reopen successfully with the competition right now. I was also blown away the first time I went there, just b/c it was so huge and all the effects (snow, etc.) but imo a lot more mainstream type people used to go clubbing back then, just for the experience. I don't know how they could possibly fill that room with Crobar, etc. for competition and a lot less people who are into the scene.

Here's some quotes from some of your old posts:

I can't really decide...I've never seen Sasha

Then you say in another thread:

but i remember being in crobar when sasha was there, and there were all these beach balls bouncing all over, and it was so fun!!...

So you've never seen Sasha or you have?

And then I try and explain to you how you must have been thinking of the Boris beach party; but you say you've never seen Boris. Then you go on to say:

I don't know Boris...never been....

and then...

I have a couple of friends that work there, and was there (@ Crobar) New Year's Eve for free.

Boris was spinning on NYE!!!!!!!! But you had no clue.....LOL!

Wait, it gets better.....

Where is Reed Room? I'll cu there...

The one w/ the giant reeds in it.........in Crobar; kinda hard to miss

Before you go and criticize me, take a look at the garbage you write on here.