Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Denny tsettos Reviews

How was Denny's first night as the new resident DJ at studio 9?????????

Looking to go Saturday the 28th. Did he do a classics set?

a really good friend of mine called me up today and said it was a really good party. lots of differnt people there and packed. denny played a sick set but they still need to do something with the sound system. maybe after a few weeks they will improve it but i think the place will do fine with denny there. i plan to hit it up in a few weeks when i go back up north. good job denny.

jack Z

a really good friend of mine called me up today and said it was a really good party. lots of differnt people there and packed. denny played a sick set but they still need to do something with the sound system. maybe after a few weeks they will improve it but i think the place will do fine with denny there. i plan to hit it up in a few weeks when i go back up north. good job denny.

jack Z

Sounds good, I thought they already did something with the sound system, from what I have been reading. Oh well, I will probably be going this upcoming Saturday. I went yesterday to Studio 9 for happy hour, they put out a nice spread if anyone is interested.

Peace

I got there around 1:30 and i already could tell the difference wit the Lighting and the Sound. The sound wasn't bouncing off the walls like it used to and clairity was such much better. Huge upgrade with the lighthing as well, it def appeared as if the guys at S9 did their homework and knew what to go after becuase it def wasn't no shitty lighting.

Denny was able to create a postive vibe for Studio 9. The place was def packed. and the Dance Floor was also packed. Denny did a good job readin the crowd. Good thing the moved the DJ booth because where the booth once was, no DJ could really read the crowd from its original location.

No classics set...thank god. And i hope to god its a long time before their is a Classics Set done by Denny at S-9. Nothing against Denny or classics but its time promoters stop bookin Denny for classics and let Denny bang out the tunes like he knows how to. Classics are being overdone in jersey and its time to start educating the crowd on the new tunes that out there. Theres sooo much good music out there. Classics Nite is nothing more then a cheap marketing tool.

OverAll....yea it was a huge success for Denny

Good Job to Tommy D., S-9...and DENNY

alright ......

im not one to bash a club or complain .... when i read these boards i usually laugh at the people who post camplaints like "we didnt get in for free .... drinks too expensive .... blah blah blah" i understand its a tough business to be in and its gotta be expensive to run an establishment like a club .. this is why i pretty much never complain ..... but ...... here we go

i got there at 10:45 actually and the place was empty ... got in for free no problem .... we all went to the bar and the drinks were reasonably priced at your regualr 6 a drink .... than the bartender starts charging a different price to a friend who i was with who bought a big round for everyone ...... so whatever i figured they screwed up the math or something no big deal ..... we learned that every bartender charged a different proce there .... in the hip hop room jaeger bombs 7 a piece ... in the club room 6 a piece .... got to a different bar coors light 3 dollars goto the one right across the dance floor 5 a piece .... thats some BS ... you dont charge people diffferent prices ... there should be a set amount and thats it .... management needs to get that under control .... ASAP there were a lot of pissed people .... i would get a vodka and cran 6 bucks .. the dude next to me who i didnt know got the same thing and the bartender charged him 8 bucks ... he was like wtf ....

Lighting .... huge improvement from the last time i was there ... thats a plus ...

Speakers .... i dont know if i read correctly or what but i believe someone said they (S9) thought it out well and stuff ..... im not a speaker installer nor am i an expert but what the hell is with the speakers in the front of the room as soon as you walk in, turning on and off .... the highs all friggen night ..... that sounds like grabage ... maybe its hooked up wrong or something but i dont know .... maybe its hooked up to the speakers that the DJ uses temporarily while mixing and what not but all damn night on and off ..... def gotta fix that ....

As for Denny .... hes good, has a lot of talent .... i think he actually played his best from the time i got there until about 11:45 than fell into a rut for a couple songs .... he did train wreck 2 mixes last night but whatever hes only human ...

track selection ... im not really sure it flowed .... there were times he would be rocking it than completely change the vibe with a different up beat very "high" song that just didnt fit and would kinda ruin the vibe ....

all in all i like denny i think he will do real good at that space ... just fix the bar problems and speaker problem (which i know is not his fault) and he will def. do well ...

No classics set...thank god. And i hope to god its a long time before their is a Classics Set done by Denny at S-9. Nothing against Denny or classics but its time promoters stop bookin Denny for classics and let Denny bang out the tunes like he knows how to. Classics are being overdone in jersey and its time to start educating the crowd on the new tunes that out there. Theres sooo much good music out there. Classics Nite is nothing more then a cheap marketing tool.

Well said. I think most of Jersey has no idea how good the music is. Besides for Santana, there are no good Jesrey Dj's who pump out new and exculsive tracks. If some Jersey peeps would only know the music thats out is so much better than the KTU cheeze. Its sad, but most really have no idea.

my basement? haha you need to get out more bro

I just Left Glo in New Brunswick to start a new resdency at Verdegre (New Bruns again...this time on Liberty Street)

I've always played house and dance and I've been lucky to have several residecies under my belt. If you like house come hear me play sometime.

Cheers

I have yet to hear a Jersey based DJ besides for Santana pop out tracks in his set that I have not had for several mons already. Tsettos, Rydell, Manny the Greek, etc...They just dont get the new or unreleased tracks!

off base with that comment...

how long have you been going to clubs and how long have you heard Denny, Rydell or Many for that matter.

Anyone who has been listening to these guys for quite sometime should know that these guys have always been banging out the new tunes wayyyy be for anyone else

Prime example..as cheezey as it is now. When Denny dropped Pump It Up at tempts MDW '04 everyone was on slsk the nxt day lookin for that track. Not to mention the fact Denny was A&R rep for Metropolitn records back in the day and would be droppin the newest tunes before anyone else

Rydell...the guy was always on top of music since his days at RiverStreet.

...And Manny....well if you weren't WL Wensdays back in 99 or 2000 for that matter then you jsut don't know

Ray...Denny, Rydell and Manny are still thowin down new bombs and always have been, i think you just don't go out enough to listen to em

I have yet to hear a Jersey based DJ besides for Santana pop out tracks in his set that I have not had for several mons already. Tsettos, Rydell, Manny the Greek, etc...They just dont get the new or unreleased tracks!

maybe the reason you dont hear any new tracks is because you do not go to any of there parties. i have heard each of those dj's spin many times and each night i am always askin about the new tracks they play. some i dont get to hear again for a few months.

Z

Listen, I am not sayin these guys are bad DJ's in anyway.They are all very good. But everytime I have heard them spin, And yes ur right, it has not been that many. I heard nothing new. I am just very big on trackselection, and playing new hott off the presses tracks. I think thats what separates the good DJ's from the Elite. And look. Richie has been blowin up. He now has a residency at pacha, played in the city numerous times. If these guys have been doing the same thing, why arent they blowing up. Look I dont want to offend anyone, maybe I have to go and hear Tsettos and Ryddel again. I just know what I heard the last times, and the tracks were not new at all.

If these guys have been doing the same thing, why arent they blowing up. .

last time i checked...Denny is the one played Space in Miami several times and played in other nite clubs through out the the USA and South America not to mention gettin a headlining spot on Global Gathering

Denny must be doing something rite

EVERY dj that you mentioned rayray gets MORE unreleaased tracks than ANY of them would care to spin in a night . Trust me. Getting music is the last thing that is a problem these days.

And although i have not heard Manny play in a while(though he always has tracks) i did hear denny a few times at studio and he played TONS of new tracks.

And if you havnt heard Rydell in a while, stop in any friday night at studio. 50% of what he plays is bangin new tracks.Any more than that, i honestly think would force the crowd to be board.imo....but he plays lots of new music, but also LOTS of stuff people want to hear.that is the point we go out,no? to hear songs we love?

Anyway, my 2cents.

I didnt want to start all this!!!! All I can say is last time I heard them spin, they were subpar in trackselection to me. That is my opinion, and no one can say I am wrong on that. I will make an effort to hearing them again. If you guys on here are saying that I am wrong, I will give another chance. I am not knocking them in anyway, or dissing there past succes. Just giving a review from pasts times. I wish them all the best.