Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Depression

why do people who have so much going for them get depressed? i know everyone gets depressed once in awhile.. but is this world that horrible that you lock yourself inside and sleep all day? anyone here ever been really depressed for a long period of time? how did you cope? did you take medication?

i dont get it

24 years, Smokey. That's how long I've been dealing with clinical depression. It is not something that is voluntary. It's a chemical inbalance in the brain that affects your negative emotions enough to overwhelm your postive ones. It's like walking outside under a clear blue sky, through a field of flowers, and it feels more like you're under a gray sky walking through weeds. Or think of it this way: You wake up and you feel lousy and without hope for a good day/life. You know that there are possibilities for you to make your day/life pleasant and meaningfull, but yet your thoughts are still dark and hopeless, and you can't overcome them. And yes, I took meds for the last 5 or 6 years, from Prozac to Wellbutrin, but they don't really help me. My depression is from my head injury when I was 14, which damaged the emotional center of my brain. So I am depressed 24/7/365.

why do people who have so much going for them get depressed? i know everyone gets depressed once in awhile.. but is this world that horrible that you lock yourself inside and sleep all day? anyone here ever been really depressed for a long period of time? how did you cope? did you take medication?

i dont get it

its how they see the world behind thier own eyes.

24 years, Smokey. That's how long I've been dealing with clinical depression. It is not something that is voluntary. It's a chemical inbalance in the brain that affects your negative emotions enough to overwhelm your postive ones. It's like walking outside under a clear blue sky, through a field of flowers, and it feels more like you're under a gray sky walking through weeds. Or think of it this way: You wake up and you feel lousy and without hope for a good day/life. You know that there are possibilities for you to make your day/life pleasant and meaningfull, but yet your thoughts are still dark and hopeless, and you can't overcome them. And yes, I took meds for the last 5 or 6 years, from Prozac to Wellbutrin, but they don't really help me. My depression is from my head injury when I was 14, which damaged the emotional center of my brain. So I am depressed 24/7/365.

You're 38?

everyone gets depressed once in while.. but to be like that constantly must be fuckin terrible

...i have a couple of friends that are clinically depressed...it's very hard to fathom unless you've experienced something at their level or spent a great deal of time with them...it's a very dark and lonely place...i consider myself blessed that i have never fallen that deep before...

Guest gabo

oh nick have you learned nothing from me? lol

slickslider-It's like walking outside under a clear blue sky, through a field of flowers, and it feels more like you're under a gray sky walking through weeds.

Ive always said that when I had to explain how I feel when I get bummed out.

oh nick have you learned nothing from me? lol

slickslider-It's like walking outside under a clear blue sky, through a field of flowers, and it feels more like you're under a gray sky walking through weeds.

Ive always said that when I had to explain how I feel when I get bummed out.

Yes, and I've also explained that my thoughts are like being in a smoke filled room and I can't see clear through the haze to find the door. If only I could clear the smoke enough to see my way and think clearly without the smoke clouding my thoughts, I'd have the motivation that I need to do what I have to do. That's what meds are supposed to do, clear the cloudy thoughts, but even on high dosages they didnt' quite cut it for me except but a little bit.

Dump the meds and find yourself a tight asian hottie.

been there ... hits me from time to time . how do i take care of it ?? Time !! thats the only cure . :)

Same with me; i try new things like taking a class or just getting out of my ordinary routine. and def stay away from drugs; in the long run you feel worse

Guest gabo
been there ... hits me from time to time . how do i take care of it ?? Time !! thats the only cure . :)
I thought sending me pics of you wacking it was ur cure? lol. I still have nightmares about that.

Same with me; i try new things like taking a class or just getting out of my ordinary routine. and def stay away from drugs; in the long run you feel worse

probably the best advice there is... staying away from drugs and boozing... i went through a brief depressive episode my senior year of college and i started taking st johns wort... i felt a little change and i suddenly snapped out of my funk.. since then i havent touched pills, weed, k, acid/shrooms or anything like that.. it's been about 3 years so i think im through with that stage of life.. (i did the occasional blow every now and then but i think im done with that now too)..

ps.. i think anyone who hasnt suffered from depression at some point is full of shit...