Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anybody heard of this new club that caters to teenagers in nyc

Teen nights at clubs usually yield the biggest revenues because kids are out spending their allowances and buying virgin margaritas off their $40 cover charge. I'm surprised they have their own club now.

But, when you were 16 or 17 silver, you never wanted to get into a place like spirit or avalon or some big room on an 18 night cmonnnnnnn :)

Teen nights at clubs usually yield the biggest revenues because kids are out spending their allowances and buying virgin margaritas off their $40 cover charge. I'm surprised they have their own club now.

But, when you were 16 or 17 silver, you never wanted to get into a place like spirit or avalon or some big room on an 18 night cmonnnnnnn :)

At 15 i was at club expo hehe, But i mean a whole club dedicated to teenagers 4 times of the week i think is a bit weird, i wsih i could find all the info i read about it a few days ago/

At 15 i was at club expo hehe, But i mean a whole club dedicated to teenagers 4 times of the week i think is a bit weird, i wsih i could find all the info i read about it a few days ago/

true, but it at least gives them somewhere to go and not have to worry about getting in I guess....someone tapped into the market of the rich socialite kids...it's lame, but whatever ;)

i read about the same shit not to long ago. i think it was even on the news. some lounge owner could not get a liquor license or someshit made his place for upscaled teenagers. like they have there own guestlists and vip rooms and shit. all for the preppy kids that there parents pay there way thru high school. if they go to a public high school then they are not getting in, lol. i forget the name of the place but i will see if i can find it as well.

Z

Did a little of googling and came up with the name. It's called Crush. It's in Chelsea.

Starter clubs teach teens how to party

Source: Blogging Baby - Monday, January 16 - GO TO THIS WEBLOG »

Filed under: Child Development, Lifestyle, Media

A new club in Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood, Crush, serves Red Bull, Smart Water and lots and lots of lollipops. Its bartenders are teeny-boppers, and they don't need an alcohol server's permit. Its clientele, under 18. "Crush is Bungalow 8 without the $250 Champagne," says the New York Times.

Will this be the next big thing in nightlife? Will Crush survive, even though it's "watered down"? Will their experience be "authentic"? Will parents even let their kids go to teen clubs? Will the kids even want to go when their true aspiration is to hang out at the adult clubs, with real alcohol and not the fruity substitutes?

For now, it appears that some teenagers long for a place like Crush, where they can disconnect the music, dancing and hooking up from the alcohol. I think I'd let my kids go (were they teens, naturally). Would you?

I don't see it as a problem, but you know the real cool teenagers are able to get into the real clubs anyway ;) ... who do not have friends (or know of people) who attended the real places (think Palladium, Garage, Twilo, Vinyl, ... ) when they were 16 or so.

Hmmm.. Is there a way to get a girl who's actually 18 but looks more like 25 (seriously! & very hot!) into some "real" clubs without ID? If so how? We're not from NYC so we don't know the bouncers and shit...

hahaha it said lollypopss... hrmmmm no alohol and is servin smart water and redbull...Hrmmmmmm... I think its the city tryin to make somemore cash and gettin kidss hooked early.

No alcohol? Only red bull and water? I guess since theres' no alcohol there nobody will be eating E pills or anything like that. No they would never do that... Hahah. There are probably more drugs in there than a regular club!

No alcohol? Only red bull and water? I guess since theres' no alcohol there nobody will be eating E pills or anything like that. No they would never do that... Hahah. There are probably more drugs in there than a regular club!

not at all..no drugs in there whatsoever...i went to the place because my friend was djin ( dj eco) and its a nice little venue..all the kids were dancing and they were all sober, no straw chewing and no kids looked spaced out at all...its not 3 or 4 times a week either its maybe 4 times a month tops..oh yea and they serve vitamin water in there too...i was shocked haha

Hmmm.. Is there a way to get a girl who's actually 18 but looks more like 25 (seriously! & very hot!) into some "real" clubs without ID? If so how? We're not from NYC so we don't know the bouncers and shit...

get to know some promoters...and you'll walk right in to most "hot" lounges in the city...but for venues like crobar or pacha spirit etc. even if you're hot, you'll need to show something...but it doesn't need to be real..good luck

Anyone from Jersey that went to Abyss teen nights back in the day knows that there were more drugs in that place then in most regular clubs. Back in the days when Showboat or one of those MC's got arrested for fuckin some 15 yr old girl in the back of the club. That place was like a cracktory for kiddies. Had some amazing nights their as a kid, still wonder what teen nights there are like now.

Anyone from Jersey that went to Abyss teen nights back in the day knows that there were more drugs in that place then in most regular clubs. Back in the days when Showboat or one of those MC's got arrested for fuckin some 15 yr old girl in the back of the club. That place was like a cracktory for kiddies. Had some amazing nights their as a kid, still wonder what teen nights there are like now.

how bout the hunka bunka teen nights. those days were crazy. and its not showboat it was matty c i believe. teen nights are nothing like they were. kids now dont give a shit about what is being played. they go nuts for songs about suckin dick. lol

Z

get to know some promoters...and you'll walk right in to most "hot" lounges in the city...

How can I do that not living there?

but for venues like crobar or pacha spirit etc. even if you're hot, you'll need to show something...but it doesn't need to be real..good luck

Yea I have no idea where to get that anymore. I haven't needed one for 5 years.

how bout the hunka bunka teen nights. those days were crazy. and its not showboat it was matty c i believe. teen nights are nothing like they were. kids now dont give a shit about what is being played. they go nuts for songs about suckin dick. lol

Z

yea teen nights back in the days were nothin compared to the ones now.... i remember goin to the local teen nights up in westchester, which was also called the "Palladium" it was def a sick place and the vibe there i remember was awesome, but they did throw many different teen nights in the city at clubs like : Avalon(Limelight), Tunnel, Roxy, EXIT.... fuckin sick teen nights back at EXIT and TUNNEL they never played that much of that ktu crap, the dj's were varied and played a lot of house,trance,hardtrance,hardstyle,hardhouse but newayz from what i hear now the teen nights in the city are absolutely horrible....

yea teen nights back in the days were nothin compared to the ones now.... i remember goin to the local teen nights up in westchester, which was also called the "Palladium" it was def a sick place and the vibe there i remember was awesome, but they did throw many different teen nights in the city at clubs like : Avalon(Limelight), Tunnel, Roxy, EXIT.... fuckin sick teen nights back at EXIT and TUNNEL they never played that much of that ktu crap, the dj's were varied and played a lot of house,trance,hardtrance,hardstyle,hardhouse but newayz from what i hear now the teen nights in the city are absolutely horrible....

yea i dont know how they are in the city but i went to a teen night about 3 years ago to club abyss cause my boy was the guest dj for the night and i figured why not check it out. he even played some tracks from when we went to teen nights. nobody knew what was getting played. all they wanted to hear was the ktu bullshit. i swear the kids only cared about how they looked. if there spikes were high enough or if the skirts are short enough. i think i seen like 3 couples having sex. it was horrible. and the girls probally looked like they were 22 when they are really 16-17. i had to keep reminding myself i was at a teen night. thank god i could not drink. lol

jack Z

I used to go to exit when i was 16 and 17, but not on a regular basis. We would have to pull strings to get in. It's good to get a taste when your younger but a full time teen club I dont see being a good idea. Go to house partys for a while, clubs are for older crowds, ull get there one day.